It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Americans Are Anti-Science Because We Do Not OBEY His Expert Authority.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Pyle

WHO's science are we paying attention to?

They can't even make a statement and stick to it.

In one conference, asymptomatic transmission (why we are supposed to wear the masks) is very, very common. In the next, it's not at all common (why are we wearing masks again?). Then they walk that back ...

Local health officials have been telling us for weeks that we can't gather together because we'll cause a dangerous outbreak, so businesses, houses of worship (even for funerals), schools, etc., have all been closed (Walmart is apparently a place that is akin to biocontainment level 4 though).

Then George Floyd happens, and all of a sudden, those same officials who were wailing and gnashing their teeth over protests just not long before because of the spike in cases they would surely cause and busy cracking down were rushing to approve of the "mostly peaceful" protests because racism is a more important social cause than keeping the country safe from devastating plague.

You had public health officials circulating an open letter where they stated as much: protest over lock down = bad, but protests over Floyd were healthy and good.

Then they had George Floyd's state funeral which was massive and packed with people, and folks who lost loved ones during the past few months and had not been allowed to mourn with family at a funeral (not even a small one) because it was uniquely dangerous to anyone and everyone to do that, saw it broadcast on live TV! People whose loved ones were summarily chucked in the ground (no matter how they died or what of) with no one to mourn got to see the biggest hypocrisy yet. Everyone got to mourn George Floyd. Apparently, the disease is politically convenient.

So is it any wonder that no one quite trusts what is said about it anymore? All the rules that had been established were quite visibly and obviously broken to allow the national madness, and now they want to attempt to re-establish them? That doesn't take any anti-science bias. All it takes is anti-BS bias.

Quoted in its entirety because this is the TRUTH and it can NOT be refuted. And this is what make Fauci's statement so freaking funny: "... and that's unfortunate because, you know, science is truth!"

How is it that "science is truth" when everything above from KETSUKO is INDISPUTABLE FACT? Today's science fact can be tomorrow's science fiction and vice versa. Science is a continuum of theories and ideas, much of it evolves as time passes and there are many times in history science just completely got it WRONG!!!

edit on 2020191202000000030 by odd1out because: always gotta fix something...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is a virus in this country alright.
A dirty, corrupt gov and their zionist lapdogs.
I don't think a mask will help.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

WHO's science are we paying attention to?

They can't even make a statement and stick to it.

I know people know better than this. I think sometimes people want to believe in science - but only if it's infallible. When it's not they turn back to magic

Science, especially in epidemiology - is dealing with something that not only is not handed to them as a bunch of ready made facts, but they're also dealing with something that changes even while they're trying to understand it

They're also trying to protect people while navigating the anger, and fear and politics of it all. No doubt, if we were living in a country that was less free, either everything would have been shut down and there would be military walking the otherwise empty streets, or nothing would have been shutdown and there would be dead in the streets

This was a compromise

What they do know for sure s how contagions work - basically. Isolation is a given

This whole thing has been hard to deal with in so many ways, but watching people not understand things on purpose in real time has been depressing. Especially when they insist it's political

Like the commercials keep telling us Ketsuko - we're all in this together

P.S. There will be consequences for the protests. People knew that going in. It is inconvenient timing, but it's the way things were always going to go.

If they had been shutdown, I wonder if people would have fought as hard to keep them going as they did to get their haircuts and Sunday brucnh?

edit on 6/19/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

So is it any wonder that no one quite trusts what is said about it anymore? All the rules that had been established were quite visibly and obviously broken to allow the national madness, and now they want to attempt to re-establish them? That doesn't take any anti-science bias. All it takes is anti-BS bias.

Man, can you punch. (heart)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Be suspicious of any scientist that isn't skeptical. Anytime they start talking about consensus, they're playing politics. Science is about testing, their own data and each other's data. The minute they stop challenging each other, there is a problem.

Agree.
But also don't just believe contrarians.
The 97% of scientists agree type statements are quite obviously non scientific BS politics, but then it's also wise to make sure you don;t follow some scientists views when they have a history of ALWAYS disagreeing and providing alternative theories.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Then you explain why there is a coordinated effeort to close small business with low traffic and funnel people into large groups at big box stores.
Why shutdown business and not taxes?
It is a direct attack on American citizens by our gov and media across several countries using the gd flu.

What's next for the scam system? Nuking all the citizens annoyed they don't work, steal half our money and kidnap all our children?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm guessing the OP works for Business Insider since it neither mentions the word "OBEY" in the article headline and also it's behind a paywall.

Isn't that advertising??

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A lot of scientists would say Fauci is full of crap. There are economic scientists too who have important things they study, bankrupting a country will kill more people than the covid ever will. Fear mongering will cause a lot of deaths, and even masks people wear can increase chance of serious injury if worn too much.

Fauci is more of a big wheel braggard than a scientist, he is narrow minded. Yes, we do need to be sensible with this disease, I still wear a mask in the store most times. I do not go out shopping unless I need to. I try to be sensible, but I am not going to fear this or any disease, I have to put faith in my immune system to do it's job. If it fails or if I take something that really triggers it to overreact, like taking a flu vaccine does, it can kill me. I am not stupid, I am not going to take a flu shot AGAIN and have a severe reaction just to satisfy people who have no real clue how the immune system works. I have been talking about cytokine storms I get from flu shots for wel over fifteen years yet many doctors I had did not even know what I was talking about, the doctor who witnessed what happened on my second flu shot is the one who told me never to get another one, he said it is rare that people react that way but it does happen.....He told me the vaccine can kill me yet other doctors who have never seen the reaction tried to downplay it and looked at me like I was a little paranoid....The cytokine storm from flu shots is listed in lots of medical places, even at pharma sites and the FDA...these people should not get the shot if they ever had a severe reaction is clearly stated. But evidently some doctors do not believe in science, like Fouchi, he believes in his own beliefs, not in science.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dr. Fugazi

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

There are things about gravity science doesn't know.

Science knows that two objects attract. That part is the law.

But science can't yet explain why. They know gravity does it, but they don't know exactly why and cannot exactly predict how it will happen in all circumstances, only that it will. Those interactions fall under Einstein's Theory of Relativity which is still a theory.

Nice run around to "gravity works." Disingenuous. Two objects don't strictly attract ... the centers of their mass (another "unknown" concept according to your logic) exert a pull on each other. I didn't claim that gravity is a completely understood natural force, but we do understand more about it than you want to pretend.

You tipped your hand with "but its just a theory." It's a theory that has successfully made predictions for over a century with exacting accuracy.

A theory that has explained more observational data than any other theory we have to date. Specious claim.

All of that above? Typical of what Dr. Fauci described.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is a growing anti-science group here in the US

The anti-vax crowd with their mostly wrong and misleading information
The flat earth crowd.

The group that denies covid.

The anti-mask group.

It's does not have anything to do with Fauchi

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The level of discourse is about equal to Kellyann Conway saying "Why hasn't WHO done something about this already, this is COVID-19 not COVID Number One." (paraphrase).

Carl Sagan wrote about the demon-haunted world more than 30 years ago. He said science is like a candle ... I used to think he was wrong.

He was spot on.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know this:

There is a disease. It is contagious. It can kill.

It is most dangerous to those 60 and older and to those with pre-existing conditions like obesity, diabetes, asthma and other lung conditions, hypertension, cardiac issues and those who are immunocompromised for one reason or another.

You can go out and find the stats on this and check your relative risk. For most of us, it is vanishingly small. Does that mean we are perfectly safe from it? No, but it does mean that we accept the same amount of risk as we would from most seasonal type viral illnesses.

There are groups that do need to be protected during this time, and they should be.

There are people who need to take extra care during this time. My father as an older male with congestive heart failure is one of those, and he should and is. That population needs protection, not to be betrayed by their own elected officials sending infected patients into their own assisted living communities.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
There is a virus in this country alright.
A dirty, corrupt gov and their zionist lapdogs.
I don't think a mask will help.

I see "them" trying to make masks mandatory for Flu outbreaks every year. Yesterday California's governor mandated that every resident wear a mask 24/7, if outside the confines of their house/apartment.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Most of the 3/100th of 1% of Americans killed by Covid-19 had the pre-existing conditions you referenced. Especially the diabetes.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

In the current situation, people are simply saying the risk is not worth the extreme measures authorities want to mandate on us.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: carewemust

Dr. Fugazi

👍😁

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No.. We most definitely still have things to learn about "contagion" and its spread.

We still have much to learn about the immune system:

We still have much to learn about the downsides of vaccines. These are things that some of us feel would be prudent to explore in-depth, given that the long term consequences (in particular) could be rough.

We didnt see "dead in the streets" in places that didnt have lockdowns. And yet, we did see bad situations in places that did lockdown.

People like Fauci have openly lied, and publically stated as much. They also have clear conflicts of interest, highly suspicious pasts, and seem completely unconcerned with public health outside of a single pathogen and vaccines.

No.. Most of this is marketing masquerading as #Science, hammered into peoples heads by "experts," media, and constant like/shares on places like twitter and facebook.

And just like so many things nowadays, if you go against the technocratic monolith ..regardless of veracity or relevant doubt.. You are labeled a savage heathen, a heretic.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It may or may not be deadly for you, but you can serve as a carrier thus helping to propagate the virus to others who may be vulnerable. Perhaps a little Christian charity is in order here? For the old, the sick, the infirm? Could've sworn JC said something about that ...

That's the dangerous factor in the "there's no danger" equation that most ignore.

Also, while statistics point to certain demographics, anyone can get it, anyone can die from it, and it's looking like anyone can be damaged by it (permanently.)

edit on 19-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The only way to move beyond is to develop herd immunity.

Those of us who can bear the lowest risk should be out circulating and getting it. Then we develop immunity to it. Once a high number of us can no longer get it for this go around or at least bear some resistance to it, then the more vulnerable are at lessened risk.

Remember, flattening the curve was never about none of us getting it. It was only about keeping the medical system from being overwhelmed. If those of us who bear the least risk aren't going to overwhelm the system by having it, then we need to get it and get it over with for the sake of everyone else.

Otherwise we all sit and calcify under our beds forever because it's highly possibly there will never be an acceptable vaccine or equally likely that any vaccine they do develop will be no more effective than the annual flu shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join