It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Americans Are Anti-Science Because We Do Not OBEY His Expert Authority.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Friday, June 19, 2020

And, he implies that his boss's boss, President Donald Trump, is contributing to the rebellious nature of American citizens. Here's an excerpt of what Fauci said this week...

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a leading infectious disease expert, said that "anti-science bias" in the US is problematic.

"One of the problems we face in the United States is that unfortunately, there is a combination of an anti-science bias that people are -- for reasons that sometimes are, you know, inconceivable and not understandable -- they just don't believe science and they don't believe authority," Fauci said.

On the podcast, he said that reasoning for choosing to willfully ignore science despite obvious risks to health is "inconceivable."

"So when they see someone up in the White House, which has an air of authority to it, who's talking about science, that there are some people who just don't believe that — and that's unfortunate because, you know, science is truth!"

Fauci said that science was the "attempt, in good faith, to get to the facts," and said it was a "self-correcting" process.

He drew parallels between people who refuse to abide by evidence-based health advice during this pandemic, to anti-vaxxers, who deny the benefits of vaccines.
More at: www.businessinsider.com...

One thing Fauci doesn't understand is that Americans have access to the same data he does.

We can see that 99.97% of the deaths in this country are not associated with Covid-19.

We can also see that Dr. Fauci has "self-corrected" so frequently with his advice, and his predictions, during this Covid-19 epidemic, that it is easy to ignore him at this point.

When you read the entire article, it's evident that Dr. Anthony Fauci is clearly frustrated that his powers and influence have waned so precipitously over the past 5 months. (The author of the article sounds frustrated too, lol.)

-CareWeMust

edit on 6/19/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At this point, who gives a fu##.

Fauci is a farce.

F & A

PISSED

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO
Dr. Fauci is the only White House task force person who has remained a good Mainstream Media brown-noser.

Dr. Birx and the Surgeon General guy are no longer talking doom and gloom. So they're completely out of favor with the News Media.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The actual title of the article linked as a source for this post is:

"Fauci calls 'anti-science bias' in the US problematic"

Which does not include the spin that the OP tries to place on both the article and Dr. Fauci's statements.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I would say that Fauci is a joke ... but he ain't the least bit funny. More like a sad little man.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The people believing "STOCKS ARE UP!" is the essential news about COVID are the brainless who do not care about people.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are smarter than this...seriously.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's not antiscience, it is anti-intellectualism, and it's not new, it has been noticed for the past 50 years

To quote Asimov

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I do not understand the "joke". Could you elaborate, please?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, June 19, 2020

Fauci said that science was the "attempt, in good faith, to get to the facts," and said it was a "self-correcting" process.

Well, there's the problem: "in good faith". Yeah, alot of us no longer believe that he, the CDC or FDA operate in good faith. Too many conflicts of interest; too many flat-out lies.

How they've handled this pandemic has cost them their credibility with folks who trusted them 100 percent before it, like my husband. He actually got a phone call from them, wanting to talk about childhood vaccines. (Not making this up.) He basically said, "Oh? You're the CDC? I don't believe a word you say" and hung up on them. This is complete turnaround for him. Since we're never the only ones who think anything, I bet many, many people are having this same reaction. It has nothing to do with being anti-science. It has everything to do with lies and incompetence.

For me, personally, they lost their credibility in the 2014 ebola incident. This SARS-COV-2 stuff just reinforced my beliefs. And AGAIN: love science. But it doesn't make the people who do it immune from every human foible on the books, including greed, dishonesty and manipulation for the sake of personal and political gain.

FAUCI: "Yeah, but we're GODS! We're SCIENTISTS!"

As if the NEJM and Lancet both haven't had letters to the editors, etc., that state that they think about 50 percent of published studies are garbage. Or all the issues brought up by the Cochrane Research Group. The problem isn't that we don't love science: the problem is that we have been taught how to analyze research and can access the literature.
edit on 19-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Fauci is to science as 'Gunsmoke' is to history. Not quite totally wrong but tells a decent story.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are smarter than this...seriously.

After seeing some posts by that member, I wouldn’t make that statement.
edit on 19-6-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Someone tell this guy that the wu flu hoax is long over. The political party that supported killing our economy has moved on to protesting police over a couple random criminals that got shot. Don’t mind the horrendous statistics on black on black crime causing these strong hand police tactics.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I don't think we are anti science, just anti-Fauci.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

technocratic elitism BS at its finest

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
From ‘masks are bad’ to ‘you must wear masks’ we obviously need to wait for Dr. Fauci’s science to catch up to reality.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Like I give 2 craps. We have what amounts to terrorists in the streets destroying America and that's just fine but OH GOD FORBID I don't wear a mask and follow THEIR rules. Eff off already. Nobody cares about anything anymore, and TBH neither do I.
edit on 19-6-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Bleh

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
The people believing "STOCKS ARE UP!" is the essential news about COVID are the brainless who do not care about people.

Yeah buddy its a shame we care more about our country and the fall of our republic over this hoax....

Yeah buddy its a shame we care about supporting our families, our jobs, our buisness, our way of life over this b.s. hoax...

They have changed their tune so many times about what to do or not what to do....only an idiot would believe and listen to them at this point.

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, now wear a mask.
Stay home because covid spreads easily without symptoms. No, it don't spread without symptoms. My family doctor is smarter then these clowns. These fools need to divest any special interest before even being considered for one of these federal jobs and should not be allowed to be on any private boards.

If you're scared and want to shut your world up them go the hell ahead, no one is stopping you. But, you have no right to tell the rest of us what to do.
edit on 19-6-2020 by starlitestarbright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Fauci is neck deep in this COVID mess. He helped develop it during the Obama administration and then jobbed it out to China when it was stopped at the "gain of function" stage in the US. Old Tony is invested in the vaccine and is itching for the big pay out, science or public health has little to do with this.

He is a liar and an evil tool for big pharma. He uses science as a shield from his real motivation. As far as I'm concerned, he is not a scienist saint much less a godlike authority on scientific truth (like a Science Christ). If I would compare him to anyone from history, it would more likely be a milder version of Josef Mengele than a scientist-saint. I bet you smell brimstone when he enters the room.

If all the real facts (scientific and otherwise) were laid out on the table, he would be exposed as the evil hideous monster he really is. I wouldn't trust him if he said the sky was blue.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
From ‘masks are bad’ to ‘you must wear masks’ we obviously need to wait for Dr. Fauci’s science to catch up to reality.

It's worse than that. I guess the masks are bad line was told to us so we wouldn't wear them and take them away from medical personnel.

So they deliberately lied to people either way you wash it, but they lied in the wrong way. If they needed to keep PPE for medical personnel they should have been up front about it rather than lying to people and telling them that masks are bad. But instead, they lie about their reasons and do so in a way that damages public trust and credibility when they later need us to buy in.

Now, I am not inclined to wear a mask period. When and how did they lie? I can't be sure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join