It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save ATS - here's the plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: dashen

I'll head over to twitter later and write an ad

Done

Surely this is worth tweeting out if you can do the same

Want to be informed about UFOs

Want to believe

Then spend your lockdown actually learning and partake in likeminded conversation

IsaacKoi

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Agree “all good things...” problem being ATS is needed now more than ever!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I worded it differently but I did that.
I just want to stress: we all have to do that to make abovetopsecret a trend

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I am fully appreciative, I dont have a twitter account though but I will make changes to my soundcloud and farcebook

thank you so much

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I will try my best to link where I can. Would love to be part of the movement that saves ATS!

(Wishful thinking but got to keep positive eh?)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

So all of you wondering what DB actually looks like, now you know. Just put a muumuu on that thing and you're all set.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'll donate 400 quatloos!

600 quatloos on the newcomer.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
#ETTD

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Someone needs to reach out to Tom Delonge through whatever channels led to his ask me anything session. He might be a little flaky when it comes to "big news coming", but he is an avid alien enthusiast with a lot of social media exposure.

ATS may have evolved into more of a political debate forum, but at its heart of hearts it's still about the "conspiracy theories" and extraterrestrial everything.

Perhaps he could be persuaded by some of his Mason brethren from the site.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've tried linking ATS on Facebook several times, and most people won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. This place has, unfortunately, become known as breeding grounds for hate speech and white supremacy.
edit on 19-6-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not jumping through any hoops for anyone. Especially not new owners. If that were how I rolled, I wouldn't have been on ATS to begin with. I don't know what the future holds but maybe this is just bigger than all of us...

Maybe the owners don't want to save ATS...

Maybe no one else wants to babysit this motley crew...

Maybe ATS needs to fade away to be re-visioned and re-birthed...

Maybe the NSA is just done with this little psyops we all voluntarily took part in...

Only kidding! Maybe

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Maybe the NSA is just done with this little psyops we all voluntarily took part in...

That's a great big 'negatory'.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's a great big 'negatory'.

My bad

...oh so meekly hanging my head in shame...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

I concur, i still remember when i would visit around 2009, only open the forums Science & Technology, Aircraft Projects and Space Exploration because the New & live pages where dominated by political news which before was never really the case from 2002-2009 when i visited. The John Titor story is what brought me on this site if i remember well, what a wild ride that was. I would have paid the site if there was a option to just block specific members.. by doing that the New & live pages would cleanup as a result of that block, it was very clear the political posters didn't come here for the original content you mentioned and what made ATS what it was back then so i would have no problem blocking everything they post by default.

I think this feature was requested by others two back then and the mods said it was unethical to allow blocking of specific users.. (it would keep the political users from joining and they where bringing in the big cash/numbers). Admins chose their side back then already, they chose money, and who can blame them that is why they bought this site.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Dimens because: grammar nazis

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How about a go fund me page. It works for hardened criminals that have been killed by police.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think a dedicated server to hold this site would be all that expensive. Likely less than $500 per month.

Just set up a Google Adsense account, put in the links to run ads here, and this site would pull in that much money and more very easily just that way alone. Paid memberships and local advertising would also bring in money. Certainly enough if finances are an issue.

What is REALLY the problem? Beyond server leasing, what other expenses are there? How big is the server footprint for this site all total?

Quite frankly, I never did like the message board format here. But that is just me, I guess. I've gotten used to vBulletin, at least the older versions.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The media says conspiracy theories are on the rise

i am very active on social media and definitely can add my pinch of salt to the soup, buuut. are conspiracy theories really on the rise? i have been witnessing the opposite, people no longer seem to take them serious and anyone who tries to bring them on the table is scared off instantly and called a nutjob. tptb seems to have succeeded big time.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The John Titor story is what brought me on this site if i remember well, what a wild ride.

yup, and i was drawn by the time slip threads and the montauk project expedition by the late william one sac, may he rest in heaven. but when trump got elected and the site was full to the brim with his threads i took a break.

it is those mysterious subjects that can draw traffic to this place, people around the globe are fed up with politics but pressure against conspiracy theories is growing. we must shake the ground. as for gofundme, it could really be an option, albeit a slower one, but an option nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I'm sure I read in SO's post:

"We've tried and thought of everything, we don't have the time or resources"......

To stop the influx of these threads.

What will happen if ATS dies? Nothing. We'll see each other on a new site.

No dramas.

Anyway, ATS dies years ago.... Once the Americans made it uber political. And CLOSED MINDED<

lol.. i remember reading old posts and threads, there were comments sometimes like "This is an American site, why are you here if you're not American" or stuff like that. Then i got hit by that same thing when someone said "I don't know why you don't go join a site on your country, are you staying late so you can come spam American sites?" lmao (the internet is not global, it also has borders, and xenophobia)

And every single time someone had to remind the poster that this site's founder is from the UK, then it was just silence from that poster.. lol, that's so funny

Tons of issues with mods and stuff also, people knows, it's a separate citizen class, you can and will be removed if they don't like what you said, even if they should have been less biased with their own interests. They don't care, and that terrible practice of not allowing people to question why or at least have a chance to say someting before a thread is removed is just a big part of why people did not care anymore. The mods watch the people, who watches the mods?

It's like a dictatorship, you say the wrong thing, you get vanished, no recourse, and if someone else asks where you went, they go away too

You free to talk about anything, but consequences will hit bad if you say the wrong thing for the watchers ,who choses what's good and wrong? lol

edit on 20-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I've tried linking ATS on Facebook several times, and most people won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. This place has, unfortunately, become known as breeding grounds for hate speech and white supremacy.

Lol you can't fix stupid.

Those same idiots that label ats as hate speech or white supremacist would also label me as a foreign born hispanic juanito bigsby or not qualify me as a real Hispanic i supposed.

Somehow they have been manipulated to think exposing bs and hypocrisy is hate speech.

edit on 40630America/ChicagoSat, 20 Jun 2020 23:40:44 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join