It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is a stretch, but can we drop our "shields" for a moment???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If people are going to work together to preserve ATS' existence, that's definitely something everyone involved needs to understand.

A lesson I've learned from activism: it's important to maintain focus on a common cause, because otherwise the group quickly breaks apart over inevitable differences. We all want the same thing, a place to debate strange ideas with like-minded folk, and finding ways to preserve that should be our sole focus. We can disagree about the rest once we're sure that we can continue having a forum to disagree in.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes I agree, we all need to put aside all our differences and realize what is happening to free speech all over the internet right now, and band together to stop it, at least on ATS, once that war is won, we can go back to battling over personal opinions.
And if we don't, we will no longer be able to share our thoughts on ATS.

The attacks come in stages, the first wave is strangling advertising dollars, if that doesn't work I fear legal recourse will eventually be used against ATS, branding "free speech" as "hate speech" made illegal, dark times for forums on the internet that have alternate perspectives compared to CNN.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yeah I'll miss your writing. I wont ever forget the long discussion we had about suicide and the right to self autonomy.

Another great thread of yours was your kitchen fit-out bench tops etc

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yes, I will comply.

*Powers Down to First Form*

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i'm sure there will be a continuity of sorts, on other sites, or a new one even. i hope.

cheers and thumbs up to all ATSers

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

I think it's more about a community than anything else, and yeah I doubt it'd be replacable by anything most of us could find on the internet. General Chit-chat is huge, it has more posts than Political Mud-Pit.

But the mudpit vibe has infected all the forums. It's not discussion, everything discussed has turned into a competition sport and many members have left rather than tolerate the constant name calling and childish memes.

The demise of ATS is directly the result of the change from being a community to a group of cliques competing for control of the narrative.

$25 bucks a mo. for that? No thanks. I would gladly pay even more for a real community of people interested in denying ignorance; rather than everything turning political, even uFO discussions eventually turn into a political right/left war of words; with someone being called a "people like you"

I like heated political discussions in the mud pit, but not when discussing music or TV.
edit on 20-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay, so there are conservatives, liberals, republicans, democrats. There are different opinions here on ATS. There are people who are blue, orange, pink, yellow, brown, black, polka dotted, green, white and some neutral color. There are Jews, Muslims, Christians, Mooney's, Shinto, and how many others. There are women, men, trans peoples, and whatever.

But in this one moment, we must see a common objective, and that objective is ATS.

Can we agree for one moment to be as one, despite our differences, knowing we will likely always have those differences, and rally behind one cause?

Or, is this too much to ask?

There is the "battle" and then there is the "war". The battle is petty opinion today, but the war is silence of opinion altogether.

The choice is yours, ATS.

That is all.

I completely support the spirit of your post, but wouldn't it become somewhat boring if everybody agreed on every issue?

Civility is important, but the differences in views is what makes it interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

He saying let's put aside our differences only until ATS is saved, you now how the Soviets and Americans banded together to beat the Nazi's, that type of thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

With you

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

There are a million places clogged up with politics. And since nobody is interested in changing their own mind, what's the point?

If you don't know where each person stands by now, read more threads in the mud pit

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Eff no. I've been coming here since 2008..i got hooked up on those world is ending nibiru type threads. You couldn't find anything similar to ATS back then. Hell I loved this place so much that my friends and family thought I was a lost cause.

Now it's just a place where people worship the government.

Let it drown, it's not worth saving.

Just my 2 cents.

The mudpit killed ATS. Worst decision ever.
edit on 20-6-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

It's clear some people want to see the site fail.

Those types are very obvious and have much in common.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I think ATS represents something bigger than itself in these current times. We are so busy "chasing the ball" the media, corporations, and politicians tell us to chase.. That its easy to overlook what we are losing in the process.

We are having our minds and bodies poisoned by technology. And, there is a corporate-political system that is making a ton of money on that, as well as gaining more control and power than ever conceived in history.

If we are gonna be pissed at anyone, it should be them anyway.

Maybe Im just strange.

No, I certainly agree with you. My acquaintances don't like having political conversations with them, because they always want me to pick sides. When, I start criticizing all politicians and bring up corporations they get flabberghasted. Well, maybe that's the wrong word.

They get pissy.

This whole "race war" is BS. We're dealing with class warfare. If things keep going the way their going we're going to face overt corporate wars. Corporations will own us.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

"This whole "race war" is BS. We're dealing with class warfare. If things keep going the way their going we're going to face overt corporate wars. Corporations will own us."

^this, exactly.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And what "cause" is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like the idea coming together so yes

a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well said. S&F.

The diversity of opinion and varying trains of thought are what makes this place great.

I lurked for a while before posting here - starting only two years ago.

I’ve learned and exposed myself to all kinds of stuff that other members post, link to, talk about, etc.

I’m grateful for all of that. And all of you.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
a reply to: AutomateThis1

"This whole "race war" is BS. We're dealing with class warfare. If things keep going the way their going we're going to face overt corporate wars. Corporations will own us."^this, exactly.

This is not a race war. This is worker rights 'economic disparity' protest. Give the Fascists what they want. If actively protesting and have legitimate time cards as to location and destruction of property: 15.00 an hour. Not sure who will be paying them.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If its in reason, then absolutely.

But we'd need to know the required Monthly bill to determine a reasonable amount.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay, so there are conservatives, liberals, republicans, democrats. There are different opinions here on ATS. There are people who are blue, orange, pink, yellow, brown, black, polka dotted, green, white and some neutral color. There are Jews, Muslims, Christians, Mooney's, Shinto, and how many others. There are women, men, trans peoples, and whatever.

I disagree. Those are all temporary, body and incarnation location-based (and thus arbitrary), illusion-based false identities. They're no one's real self.

Everyone is just 'energy', or 'human'. That's it. This self can exist in a temporary body, and it can exist outside of that temporary body (and everyone does, whenever the body shuts down, permanently or temporarily (a period called 'sleeping', for example).

Without this basic fact, there wouldn't be OOBE, Astral Projection, reincarnation, eternal life or souls.

You are not your body, therefore, you are not really a [any of those definitions].

Therefore, it's wrong to say that you are [this] or [that], when those definitions only refer to the bodily aspect, not your ETERNAL and thus TRUE SELF.

Can we agree for one moment to be as one, despite our differences, knowing we will likely always have those differences, and rally behind one cause?

You just made a casual reference to something a mind existing in a physical body on a low-frequency prison planet can rarely understand at all; ETERNITY.

Please pause for a moment to replace the word "always" with the words "FOR ALL ETERNITY" (a more clear synonym), and think what you are saying.

Do you still hold that opinion, or can you open yourself to the possibility that maybe what you said is not only not a fact, but is also completely impossible?

ETERNITY is a long time. Longer time than probably anyone existing on this planet (unless a visitor) has been able to completely understand for tens of thousands of years.

What you describe are BODILY qualities, they have NOTHING to do with who and what we REALLY and truly are! People on this planet just get so attached to everything like that for some reason (I still haven't figured out what that reason is), that they forget the eternity-perspective, and think 'this is the way things are for all eternity', although they have barely spent a cosmic microsecond here.

The basic truth is, we don't HAVE those differences, they're all superficial, temporary, illusory and mostly learned or purely physical, animalistic, body-based trivialities or temporary thought structures that, for example, replace direct observation of and contact with the Divine.

We are like divine drops of water that have artificially been separated not only from the Cosmic Ocean, but also from each other. If you put drops of water on a table, they look separate, and you can easily tell, which drop is to the east, to the west, to the north or south of each other.

Once you return these drops back to the vast ocean (vastness, that a drop could not comprehend), however, it becomes impossible to say, which drop is above or below each other, or to the side of which other drop, and to which side.

It's all just ocean.

This is an easy-to-understand example-based description of what a human soul is, and the situation it exists in, and the Divine, that the Ocean represents, that will welcome us back to seamlessly join itself once our temporary, physical-side journey is over.

We are ONE, thus we have no differences, except for a brief Cosmic moment, in an artificial, temporary situation, and even those differences are superficial and unimportant, and will disappear in ETERNITY.

Or, is this too much to ask?

There is the "battle" and then there is the "war". The battle is petty opinion today, but the war is silence of opinion altogether.

The choice is yours, ATS.

That is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join