It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is a stretch, but can we drop our "shields" for a moment???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
originally posted by: YouSir
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

YouSir:I learned that I have no friends here...kinda stung at first...but it was a valuable lesson...which I in fact thank you for...So any group hug think just rings kind of hollow....KWIM...?

That’s being real...
YouSir

veteranhumanbeing: Be reassured, I am your only friend and will defend that distinction with honor.

YouSir: Ummm...you just knocked the sour right off of my face...
You always know what to say...at exactly the right moment...which is a rare talent...and frankly rooted deep in honesty...
I wish I could husband that serenity...

It, serenity involves Empathy (I BECOME that which I challenge/engage) it is my Achilles heel (learned that from the gem of a film "Jason and the Argonauts").

YouSir: Altruism is the only fitting descriptor...and I extend to your knowledge the respect I’ve always kept in my core for the wisdom you always project...

Self sacrifice. One could also call this a state of grace in that one looks to comfort the dis-ease of others (I promise I will not eat you right now, would you like a cup of tea as I ponder options?). I like that word YouSir: Altruism, as it has such depth of meaning in describing what potentially is the pinnacle of uncompromising spirit/steadiness (under fire).

YouSir: I do respect a few of the members...I do like most of the members...
It’s good however to release the illusions one builds...cathartic really..._javascript:icon('
')
I started my sojourn here in an attempt to bridge the very divides the OP was meandering on about...
I found however...that very few had any interest in speaking from the core...in exposing the true self hidden under all the daily dross...

It all starts with the Anonymity Clause. One can misbehave or is allowed to act outside of ones nature by the very condition you are not you here. This gives one the sense of Dazzelflauge cover that engenders cowardly behavior. "That is not me; its my hand puppet avatar speaking". I identify with mine and would NEVER meow when I am by nature expected to bark.

YouSir: So I gave up on that...turned a tad insular...and started with the one liners...the quips...the humor at another members expense...dayam...some of it was funny...but actually...if truth were to speak...it would say that those long wasted years were a betrayal to that inner me...to my honest beliefs...to my core values...

A sense of humor goes a long way in order to cope with this dynamic forum of colliding opinions egos etc. You backwards skate well.

YouSir: Critical Stinker once told me that I’m A romantic...another astute and honest poster that I respect a great deal...But what does that mean...?

It means you are an idealist. This is a perfect observation.

YouSir: Does voicing real speak really have to be considered ism...?
Any how...thank you for your kind words...as I said above...it sure knocked the sour right off my face...
YouSir

I voice real speak; but it is encoded (not an ism). In this way I can identify my betters in order to relentlessly hound them.
edit on 19-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Like an IPO?

That's the idea...yes.

I would buy one.

I value this place, I appreciate the opposing opinions. I have even been swayed here and there.
edit on 19-6-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

ATS is my favorite place to read for over 10 years. I really need this place. So many nooks and crannies here to explore and learn.

I've been screaming since last night. Help! SAVE ATS!!!

I hope most members comprehend how badly certain high-level individuals on this planet want to see AboveTopSecret.com fail. This forum is uniquely special and influential force for GOOD.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Alot of websites I find myself ending up on wont even let me access them unless I turn my ad blocker off for that site.

It's a code that a webmaster can throw in there to force anyone who's visiting to whitelist the site. Can't ATS do the same?

I doubt anyone ever really clicks on banners anyways, but dont you get a penny or some such for "views" of the banner?

If it's not ATS style, it dissuades new users, whatever the case, isn't it a life or death situation?
edit on 19-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

ATS is my favorite place to read for over 10 years. I really need this place. So many nooks and crannies here to explore and learn.

I hope most members comprehend how badly certain high-level individuals on this planet want to see AboveTopSecret.com fail. This forum is uniquely special and influential force for GOOD.

I have all confidence everything will be fine (let your heart not be troubled).

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
We're not breaking ground on anything that's even close to a threat to "high level people on this planet", we aren't on the radar, it's not like anonymous level for lack of a better example. We're not spreading dangerous information to the masses.

All we do is share weird and cool stuff, talk about, exchange information almost like studying material on everything under the sun, debate current events and politics. We even have music, health, and cooking.

I think it's more about a community than anything else, and yeah I doubt it'd be replacable by anything most of us could find on the internet. General Chit-chat is huge, it has more posts than Political Mud-Pit.
edit on 19-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

There is the "battle" and then there is the "war".

The battle and war have already begun. I shutter to ponder over the consequences.

I’ve been waiting.

Here we are.

I have no fear.

This is why ATS cannot die!l

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

BTW, I LOVE your alpha dog mentality on this, FCD.

There is absolutely no time or necessity for Rhetoric.

2020 is showing us: sh!t — or get off the fu##ing pot!

NOW!!!
edit on 19-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Float it on the stock exchange, a collective of enemies, everyone with shares is a moderator till they get silenced
New conspiracies abound

Imagine if we DID get this off the ground.

I have a few dollaroos hidden somewhere I am sure

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It should be easy for everyone to come together to object to the silencing of opinions.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I will stand behind all of ATS, regardless of opinion. I have been here a long time and though I have been mostly quiet, I have become very fond of some of you and maybe not as fond of others. But that's the beauty of ATS. We can have our own thoughts and opinions and express them openly. Disagree openly. Applaud one another openly. Be snarky and sarcastic with one another if we're feeling especially salty.
Jesus, ATS is where I go to get most of my news. The people here are hound dogs and super sleuths, and encourage me to do my own research on any given topic at any given time.

ATS is the first thing I do (after making a big fat hot cup of coffee) in the morning, and I'll spend at least an hour, usually longer, perusing the forums and checking out anything I may have missed since the last time I logged on the day before.
Regardless of the perceived shift in direction of the main threads that hit the top, live, and new pages, there is still a whole world of reasons that brought me here to begin with, and these are the reasons I love it here. I can choose to engage in what I like. You are right, FCD. There is a ton of diversity on this site. And I love it.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam
I've read that one...a long time ago and probably more than once lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
ODD post ATS is a place designed FOR the very things the poster is posting about .
The fact is the poster USED MUDPIT to make this post .
ATS Put Mudpit in for the exact reason people love confrontations .

So Ill be honest even is most posters cant many here have branded me left and Democrat . I was not either one but after a wile i started enjoying the fact it is So easy to turn there post around on them and my spelling sucks my intelligence lv is average at best . While there is no better they put them self and there ideas on pedestals .They Put my ideals on pedestals ( thanks Guys )
And even as bad as My spelling is I can show posters for the hypocrites they are INCLUDING my self lol .

I loved this site back in the day when it was aliens and big foot when this change first started i quite for years but now i enjoy coming here and being branded it gives me a meaning alest here I am noticed enough they spend all there time talking about little old me when the thread is about Trump or police or protesting lol .

Yep been raise quite high because of the ones who bard them self ( wrong ) Nothing right about them lol .
Not much Left about me but they sure seam to think so .
I like them people heck my best friend here without them i would still be the invisible lurker i was for most of the last 10 years .

edit on 19-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Were Are already doing exactly what ATS was designed for and doing mud-pit supports ATS ideals more then any other any other form .
We do support we love ATS .
But if its Puppy's and kittens you want my-pets-own-website.com...
They are Cute and I love them to maybe ATS should put a Bunny form in for people .
edit on 19-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Which has me wondering about the timing.

This has been on my mind since the announcement.

Of ALL the times NOW — when the world is truly crumbling.

When I first told my father this place was shutting down, his first response was “the government bought it, to silence it”.

I’m wondering if they waited so long to tell us, so we wouldn’t have time to come up with a plan to keep it running.

Hope I’m wrong.

If I am, I’ve got a G I’d be willing to buy up shares with.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Very nice Clay. I like the unifying element. Ultimately, from a spiritual perspective, we are all sparks of the Divine. I may disagree very strenuously(to use Demi Moore's quip in the movie, A Few Good Men), with a number of people. But I still see everyone as an individual of the Supreme Being.
That being said, even a third of the Angels were said to have fallen from Heaven. We are all a part of the creation of The Universal Creator.
I oppose certain kinds of political agendas. I may argue bitterly with people about it. I know everyone has their side of it. Every person has their soul experiences behind them.
Certain agendas do seem to have as their goal a divide-and-conquer element. So many people are being misled.

Quan Yin is one of the most universally beloved of deities in the Buddhist tradition. Also known as Kuan Yin, Quan'Am (Vietnam), Kannon (Japan), and Kanin (Bali), She is the embodiment of compassionate loving kindness. As the Bodhisattva of Compassion, She hears the cries of all beings.
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Good luck, great idea.

There are at least 4-5 threads about the future of ATS. In 1 people are asked to respond with a simple yes/no and amount to pay for example. Even that seems to be asking too much .....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Post Here ONCE If You'd Pay for ATS"

The thread above has posters going off topic and posting more than once

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If ATS goes down going to miss it big time

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well, sadly it seems the handwriting is on the wall.

It's not IF, but rather WHEN.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well, sadly it seems the handwriting is on the wall.

It's not IF, but rather WHEN.

Reality is if the business was viable this conversation wouldn't be taking place....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join