It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is a stretch, but can we drop our "shields" for a moment???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I got was that SO, after 23 years, wants to sell ATS.

As much as we want to keep it, he wants to sell it.

Was I mistaken?

is that what its all about?

Seems his "transparency" thread wasn't so transparent...

edit on 18-6-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hope it doesn't come to that.

ATS is my favorite place to read for over 10 years. I really need this place. So many nooks and crannies here to explore and learn.

I've been screaming since last night. Help! SAVE ATS!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm reading an initial 25K per month for several (lets say 4) months is needed for recoding.
$100K for recoding.

Is this correct?

ATS could offer 1000 shares of ownership to interested members at $100 per.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Like an IPO?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I am in.

I have great respect for this site, and it has respected me as well.

This site is important and has been for a while, but today... it is more important than ever.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

Like an IPO?

That's the idea...yes.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
what "recoding" is needed ?.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I have to wonder IF this is really about making money... or losing money

Most times money is the root cause of all things... to run a server only takes a cpu, and someone to manage it

So is this about ATS not being profitable... or are the owners actually losing money keeping it alive?

First , a whole lot more than one CPU . I would say a high performance Linux Cluster , HBAs , SAN fabric , high - capacity switches and routers , large fiber pipeline .
This is what you pay for , for a site of this size to be hosted . It ain't cheap.
Site hosting , the data center administrators usually are part of the contract. Site admins , not so much .
Just from my information.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sad end to a era. It did go political but from what I recall it was hardcore liberals that launched it in that direction. They bashed the hell out of anyone that disagreed with them. They have since vanished. Could not commit to rational conversation for some reason. Maybe paid shills, who knows. It has since become a place where the bashing and profanity are frowned upon which is a good thing. Some real good conversation about a lot of things with real civility which is impossible to find these days.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

“All Roads Lead to Rome” best thread ever. Seriously find it and enjoy it. FTW. You’re welcome in advance before this blinks out. Read it. It’s amazing!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
what "recoding" is needed ?.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From the craziness of the whispers stuff to the current political discussion, I have loved this site since the first post I read. I am sure UFOs are what brought me here initially. I wish I had the money, equipment, or expertise to donate. I am poor in all of these areas. For what it is worth (not much) I am with you for sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would invest 100 dollars.

I would also support ATS with a monthly subscription to keep ATS going.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Ummm...sooooo...how does this work...do we all sing Kumbaya...hold hands...pass the bong...?

Are you really that insecure...?

It’s only a website dude...one where none of you are even genuine...where you all exist in anonymity...but an anonymity rife with fear of exposing the real you buried under all the pretense...

You take your own self esteem issues posing as self importance...way too seriously man...

Although...come to think of it...y’all are kind of funny as you scribble out your lines...attempting to be relevant...

That’s a no...by the way...I don’t see any of that happening...Christ...all I got from my supposed friends here was ridicule because I didn’t tow the party line regarding the COVID-19 virus...

You were one of them...

I was thrown out of the clique so fast it was actually funny...the joke was on me however...for even thinking I was a part of anything...all you all did was show me I was apart from...

So...there is that...

I learned that I have no friends here...kinda stung at first...but it was a valuable lesson...which I in fact thank you for...So any group hug think just rings kind of hollow....KWIM...?

That’s being real...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

YouSir:I learned that I have no friends here...kinda stung at first...but it was a valuable lesson...which I in fact thank you for...So any group hug think just rings kind of hollow....KWIM...?

That’s being real...
YouSir

Be reassured, I am your only friend and will defend that distinction with honor.
edit on 18-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Float it on the stock exchange, a collective of enemies, everyone with shares is a moderator till they get silenced
New conspiracies abound

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Float it on the stock exchange, a collective of enemies, everyone with shares is a moderator till they get silenced
New conspiracies abound

Well, finally! a genuinely interesting proposal from you. Everyone in the future that participates on ATS (or metaphorically a human on this planet) is equally an Emperor/King/Dictator/Tyrant/Moderator and given equal opportunity to conquer. One on one. No nations no territories; just force of will/cunning and ingenuity. Wait; I think that was the original intent. Everything had to be earned. How glorious is that? True nation building.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

YouSir:I learned that I have no friends here...kinda stung at first...but it was a valuable lesson...which I in fact thank you for...So any group hug think just rings kind of hollow....KWIM...?

That’s being real...
YouSir

Be reassured, I am your only friend and will defend that distinction with honor.

Ummm...you just knocked the sour right off of my face...

You always know what to say...at exactly the right moment...which is a rare talent...and frankly rooted deep in honesty...

I wish I could husband that serenity...

Altruism is the only fitting descriptor...and I extend to your knowledge the respect I’ve always kept in my core for the wisdom you always project...

I do respect a few of the members...I do like most of the members...

It’s good however to release the illusions one builds...cathartic really...

I started my sojourn here in an attempt to bridge the very divides the OP was meandering on about...

I found however...that very few had any interest in speaking from the core...in exposing the true self hidden under all the daily dross...

So I gave up on that...turned a tad insular...and started with the one liners...the quips...the humor at another members expense...dayam...some of it was funny...but actually...if truth were to speak...it would say that those long wasted years were a betrayal to that inner me...to my honest beliefs...to my core values...

Critical Stinker once told me that I’m A romantic...another astute and honest poster that I respect a great deal...

But what does that mean...?

Does voicing real speak really have to be considered ism...?

Any how...thank you for your kind words...as I said above...it sure knocked the sour right off my face...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

New conspiracies abound

Imagine if we DID get this off the ground.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join