It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Loves ATS???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So, I know polls are frowned upon here, and I hope this can stay (without being deleted), because there is a point.

So, ATS is in trouble, the boat is sinking. And, my question is this...(moderators, please forgive me if I ask for a one word answer)...I ask you, yes or no, would you pay to subscribe to ATS??? The point here is to gather a list of approximate numbers of members who may be willing to accept a subscription based ATS (not the exact amount, okay?)

Let's use $10 per month as a benchmark. (just a hypothetical number, not absolute)

Please, I'm not asking "why", only asking "yes/no". Don't need any long editorial answers, just the facts...yes or no.

Let's start here:

Yes.

Your turn.

ETA - No conditions, no political endorsements, no 'I want the old ATS back', just...Yes or No.

There is no wrong answer!
edit on 6/18/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yes, and you need to pm Jburns regarding some of your posts in the transparency thread. You both seem to be on the same page.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thank you.

link   

Resounding YES.

I’d actually pay more.

Where else can we go?
edit on 18-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If only 50 people respond to this post, and the average is negative, then the fate for ATS is sealed.

Ultimately, this is the question.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yes, Likely a little more. First hit is free, after that, it's gonna cost you.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Just an FYI, FCD. Sonofthelawofone posted an almost identical thread earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That may affect your replies. 🍺

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I love it enough, that I hate it, only to love it again.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I use too many free websites to pay for this one.
A big problem is that the site has been neglected for a long time and needs updated.
Wouldn’t a phone and tablet app be nice?

The search page is useless.

Honestly it could be great here but it will take an investment to happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

$120 per year?
Yes.
It's that valuable to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

They would have to have a two tier system, free users and premium users or content would go right down as would readers many of whom visit as lurkers.

For content producers whom want to air there content it is and idea that is both good and bad, the upside is that they would have a more exclusive forum but the downside is that less content would then be posted.

Let's be fair the problem is the likes of Google and other search engines that seemed to have declared war upon sites like ATS under the false banner of fighting fake news.

ATS need's revenue and advertising is the only viable solution, how to implement it AND how to recover ATS rightful place at the heart of the search engines that seem to have moved it down in there search results deliberately having wrongly listed the site alongside fake news providers etc.

And add to that the fake Anonymous video some time back that was probably really produced by and from ...like productions or one of the other crazy sites that HATE ATS because many of there members were banned for breaking various rules or from there actual members that were banned from the site.

Also remember a lot of people that use the site do not have two spare pennies to rub together, the community is a vast one.

Either way if ATS goes down it is going to be a great loss of information and a further degradation of the internet leaving only scummy pond sites filled with true lunatic fringe to and locked to members only - most of them do not even allow lurking so why would anyone want to join there stale little party's anyway, on occasion I have had my arse handed to me by some of the sceptic's on this site and on a very rare occasion I have handed them back there own but that is one of the thing's that makes this site so great and I will dearly miss it as well as the fact I will miss those of like mind that want to know the mysterious around us or just blow off some steam while having massive brain fart's.

A sad thing to find out but if it happens what can we do about it.

Though you know there may be one other possible way to save the site though no one would like it, what if the site was sold to a company that see's it's potential, just maybe some other chat sites would love to get there hands' on ATS back catalogue of thread's, while most authors may not like this especially if they do not like the company that is looking to purchase it may nevertheless end up being one of the only way's to save that information should the site go down.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

If I'm not mistaken, I respectfully requested no editorials, just a yes or no.

The point wasn't how much, just if you would or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
YES

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join