It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook removes Trump campaign ads using Nazi symbol

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Facebook on Thursday deactivated dozens of ads placed by President Trump’s reelection campaign that included a symbol once used by the Nazis to designate political prisoners in concentration camps.

Washing ton Post

Happened about 2 hours ago. Other news sources are covering it.

From Fox News :

While Antifa operates in a semi-autonomous fashion, most imagery associated with the group does not feature an upside-down red triangle. Instead, the symbols most commonly associated with the group are a circle with red and black flags in it or a circle with three arrows pointing down and to the left.

This is not funny anymore, and this is a big deal. I fear Trump wants to build concentration camps in the US.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Next up the square will be considered a hate symbol and people will think Trump wants to build concentration camps in the US every time they see one.

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Literally no one associates Nazis with a red triangle unless they are spin doctors trying to dig deep into the bowels of information to find a single reed to grasp (again and again over and over) to link Trump to some sort of Communist activity while simultaneously conditioning you to believe he is guilty of that which they are doing- PROPAGANDA.

Congrats, your mind hath become overtaken.

+38 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What the Trump campaign ad actually did was point out that
it is Antifa that is using the upside down red triangle.

FUBAR on the part of Farcebook.

But welcome to 1984 where only the technocrats
can decipher life for all people.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Well we are hearing via Bolton that Trump was happy to encourage China to build them for Muslims. How true is that? You will have to ask Bolton. But if it is true, and Trump was not against them in China, then we might easily assume that he would be fine with them here.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, Antifa have been labeled domestic terrorists. They should be jailed for treason. Period.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You do realize they used at least 6 different colors of triangles, no? Are triangles of those colors ruled out?
Another thing Nazis used was- PROPAGANDA.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

A red inverted triangle was used in the 1930s to identify Communists, and was applied as well to Social Democrats, liberals, Freemasons and other members of opposition parties incarcerated by the Nazis. The badge forced on Jewish political prisoners, by contrast, featured a yellow triangle overlaid by a red triangle so as to resemble a Star of David.

The red triangle appeared in paid posts sponsored by Trump and Vice President Pence, as well as by the “Team Trump” campaign page. It was featured alongside text warning of “Dangerous MOBS” and asking users to sign a petition about antifa, a loose collection of anti-fascist activists whom the Trump administration has sought to link to recent violence, despite arrest records that show their involvement is trivial.

WaPo
edit on 18-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Well, Antifa have been labeled domestic terrorists. They should be jailed for treason. Period.

"Labelling" a group domestic terrorists has no legal force whatsoever.

Thanks for supporting the police state though.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I feel one day 5 or 10 years from now I'm going to be sitting in a Trump built concentration camp literally kicking myself at not taking this red triangle seriously.

This is the day people; the day we could have turned it all around if only we took the red triangle seriously.

If my children read this in the future; understand I truly am sorry for the life I left you, I wish desperately that I had taken the Red Triangle Facebook ads more seriously... but it was just a red triangle for gods sakes.
edit on 18-6-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

link   
FYI, the triangle shown is not from Germany. The Germans used all red triangles, no black trim.

That particular triangle looks like it is an inverted Iraqi Republican Guard Command insignia.

Yes, this can be sourced.

edit on 18-6-2020 by peck420 because: Correct spelling error.

+2 more 
link   
This is pretty weak justification imo.

What seems likely to me is facebook doesn't want Trump's election ads, and then trawled for any conceivable reason to get rid of them.

Fun fact, a upwards red triangle was the symbol of the Iraqi Republican Guard. Trump is the Anti-Hussein confirmed.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I feel one day 5 or 10 years from now I'm going to be sitting in a Trump built concentration camp literally kicking myself at not taking this red triangle seriously.

This is the day people; the day we could have turned it all around if only we took the red triangle seriously.

If my children read this in the future; understand I truly am sorry for the life I left you, I wish desperately that I had taken the Red Triangle Facebook ads more seriously... but it was a red triangle for gods sakes.

Nice appeal to emotion.

Facebook removed ads featuring Nazi symbols per their policies.

/thread

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
What the Trump campaign ad actually did was point out that
it is Antifa that is using the upside down red triangle.

FUBAR on the part of Farcebook.

But welcome to 1984 where only the technocrats
can decipher life for all people.

Except Fox news debunked that claim. It's in my OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lmfao

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
This is pretty weak justification imo.

What seems likely to me is facebook doesn't want Trump's election ads, and then trawled for any conceivable reason to get rid of them.

Fun fact, a upwards red triangle was the symbol of the Iraqi Republican Guard. Trump is the Anti-Hussein confirmed.

Ads incorporating Nazi symbolism are against Facebook's policies.

Next.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

One might ask just how stupid could the Trump campaign committee be to use a symbol tied to Nazi concentration camps.
Who in the hell chose that to use as their symbol. Who in that campaign did not even notice it and just said, sure, let's use this. It's just dumb.

Or, it was virtue signaling to the far far right that he is still on their side. You suggest he might have used a square. Sure and likely we could find some nefarious uses of a square from past regimes. But for a guy whose followers all proclaim loudly that they are not nazi's and who all holler so loudly that calling Trump a fascist is completely wrong, this was at best a stupid blunder.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I told you so......

haha

link   

originally posted by: raedar
Literally no one associates Nazis with a red triangle unless they are spin doctors trying to dig deep into the bowels of information to find a single reed to grasp (again and again over and over) to link Trump to some sort of Communist activity while simultaneously conditioning you to believe he is guilty of that which they are doing- PROPAGANDA.

Congrats, your mind hath become overtaken.

"Literally" lol

You are a spin doctor 🤣

link   
A red inverted triangle? What does that look like? Are the points inward? Is it a green triangle as google thinks green is the opposite of red?

A triangle has no natural orintation. The discription of a red inverted triangle has no meaning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join