It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court blocks Trump from ending DACA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Trump administration's attempt to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation.

The 5-4 ruling was written by Chief Justice John Roberts and joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor.
In penning the opinion, Roberts once again sided with the liberals on the bench in a momentous dispute that will infuriate judicial conservatives who are still bitter that he once provided the deciding vote to uphold Obamacare.

I tried to search for a post on this anywhere but nothing? Surprising given this is part of Trump's flagship promises, to deal with the illegal immigration problem? I guess we could add this to his pile of losses in his presidency. I think this is great (no surprise). These are children we're talking about here. Their lives shouldn't be halted based on the faulty decisions of their parents. We're also talking about millions of citizens, families, that contribute to the various communities in this nation. Looks like Chief Justice Roberts is having a change of consciousness? Or maybe things have gone a bit too extreme to the right? Either way, great news imho.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Or maybe things have gone a bit too extreme to the right

Yeah, that's the one right there. Maybe make that , a bit too extreme to the wrong.

Yeah, there's a new campaign hat. WRBW. When the Right Becomes Wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

President Trump says he is pleasantly surprised by how much power the Supreme Court gives the executive branch.

They would not overturn Obama's executive order even though it is unlawful.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What does the OP have to do with Obama? Must you always bring him or Hillary up in every post?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah this was BS and highly political, I'd say Roberts is compromised.

Also, read Supreme Justices Thomas dissent, pretty much, the Supreme Court put their *own* stop gate measure, thus ensuring the court will have to face this again numerous times.

When did the Supreme Court start legislating?

Time isn't on the Liberal side of court 😘 and only then will we have a true Majority conservative Supreme Court and rightfully so, we can ill feed others when we should be focusing on ourselves.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Roberts votes with the conservatives: What a great decision!

Roberts votes with the liberals: ROBERTS IS THE ENEMY!!!

Can't make this up.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They know Trump is right but didn't want the SC to get attacked by rioters. Especially after they ran the NG out of town. Smart move.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
They know Trump is right but didn't want the SC to get attacked by rioters. Especially after they ran the NG out of town. Smart move.

I'm sure you believe that.

I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes, occasionally, something happens that isn't related to Donald Trump.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Yes, great leader knows all 46d chess.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wasn't it Gorsuch who Trump supporters reviled? Oh that's right, that was yesterday. So who will it be tomorrow? Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Wasn't it Gorsuch who Trump supporters reviled? Oh that's right, that was yesterday. So who will it be tomorrow? Hmmm.

Anyone who challenges Dear Leader.

Period.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: carewemust

What does the OP have to do with Obama? Must you always bring him or Hillary up in every post?

You might want to google who started DACA.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know one political party that wants the Dreamers to remain dependent and in chaos and uncertainty !!

That party is cheering today 🚬

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I know one political party that wants the Dreamers to remain dependent and in chaos and uncertainty !!

I know a party that was offered a deal that would have given those "kids" security. Their leader rejected it. Her name was Pelosi.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
None of you read it did you? It does not say no it says the way they approached it was incorrect and they need to refile. They will. It is even explained that the SCOTUS knows it is not legal but needs the argument a different way.

Then, Roberts will vote against DACA.

Trump offered DACA and was given the finger by Pelosi and Chuck.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And we all know what party that is.
And it is not the Republican party!

This leaves a permanent non citizen group
in the U.S. with protections that even
U.S. citizens do not have.

What could possibly go wrong?
edit on 18-6-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

whats hilarious is that this decision grants Trump a great way to screw the next incoming admin.

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Trump administration's attempt to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation.

The 5-4 ruling was written by Chief Justice John Roberts and joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor.
In penning the opinion, Roberts once again sided with the liberals on the bench in a momentous dispute that will infuriate judicial conservatives who are still bitter that he once provided the deciding vote to uphold Obamacare.

I tried to search for a post on this anywhere but nothing? Surprising given this is part of Trump's flagship promises, to deal with the illegal immigration problem? I guess we could add this to his pile of losses in his presidency. I think this is great (no surprise). These are children we're talking about here. Their lives shouldn't be halted based on the faulty decisions of their parents. We're also talking about millions of citizens, families, that contribute to the various communities in this nation. Looks like Chief Justice Roberts is having a change of consciousness? Or maybe things have gone a bit too extreme to the right? Either way, great news imho.

Trump doing it all wrong, and nobody is stopping him. lol

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bothers me the most about this. Is the 4 liberal judges rules as a block with their hearts not using the law.

Roberts is honest .

Same problem with politics we are honest and they aren’t .
edit on 18-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Bothers me the most about this. Is the 4 liberal judges rules as a block with their hearts not using the law.

Roberts is honest .

Same problem with politics we are honest and they aren’t .

Are you saying Roberts is liberal but not just?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join