It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donations, donations, donations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would totally be in for this.

Although I would love a stipulation that we could raise enough money to get this site overhauled It is incredibly glitchy and buggy right now.
Im not enough of an internet wiz to know if this is possible I would just get a square space sight register the domain over there archive all the stuff hear....maybe this is way to pie in the sky and for now the focus should be on saving what we got before going for the upgrades in functionality.

I can see why there have been no upgrades too if this sight has been walking the tightrope over all these years

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I don't really think they care for a solution. Dunno, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

me too

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
$300 a year? right.....

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

That's the most interesting thing I've read on here in a long time.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

www.insanemedia.net...

That Literally just blew my mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ohhhh, I'm pretty sure those lists have already been assembled. What I'm wondering is , if Trump goes down in November or should he just say ''hell with it'' and drop out of the race to save face, how many here will just switch over to the website-media outlet that he will set up for his post WH commercializing. Git cha news here-a, fresh off the press-a. Buy a tee shirt, get a bumpa sticka, your churse a colla (that was my poor impression of a 1940s corner news boy)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Ill do $200.
No fricken questions asked

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For years now people have griped about glitches and ads and a bad search engine.

I have never had any of these problems. Ever.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why couldn’t ATS merge with the coast to coast people? SO said he would consider a buyer interested in making the site more manageable. I’d donate or pay either way.
edit on 18-6-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Wookiep

don't worry guys, the DoD would never let this honey pot slip though their fingers... there's data to be mined and dossiers to assemble. keep spilling your heats out about how anti-vax/anti-government/pro-life/christian you all are so they know what houses to go to first!

www.insanemedia.net...

ATS has been known to go offline because of 'ddos' during government shutdown... nothing to see there tho, of course.

Dude wtf. A member here PM'd me after I made some connections regarding jfk. Around that time i got a crazy text and my phone restarted by itself. But when I got that text there was a crazy low noise that came from my tv for about six minutes. I was texting my soon to be wife at the time saying how weird it was. I can't remember what the pm was now or what the text said, of course, this was like 8 or 9 years ago. But it was highly weird. Weird enough to make me take a break from the site for a while.

Now that I've been making connections regarding the CCP my wife and i have been seeing a black car around our house.

What the #.

Edit at 620 pm eastern time someone just tried to get into my network. I see you #er and I know you're here.
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago4205699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I wasn’t singling you out in anyway .

I didn't for one minute think you were.

I have no idea what the cost would be here. But from the other sites I’ve been to it’s under $1000 a month closer to 500 .

SO said it would take at least $25k a month to maintain ATS.

I have absolutely no idea why it costs so much but I also have no reason to disbelieve him.

And I disbelieve it, for the size & membership use of ATS is, it should run around a grand a month at ABSOLUTE most, according to my older brother, who's probably in all honesty got more all-around IT experience over his 30 years in it than most hobbyist younger folks on this forum do. It jives with my husband's private gamer guild forum's costs, too. Theirs has consistently run them around $800 a month, and honestly, their pages load faster, and have about the same membership amenities as we do. Someone's doing something the wrong way here, and it ain't them.

For what it's worth, my brother's blunt opinion is that the only way it could run that much a month to run essentially an appealing but small-time site in the fringe corner of the internet is if they're banking on & pulling some personal income. If so, then it IS likely running in the black (positive) on the overhead basics end, but may not be making profit. Which, to be honest and blunt, is something the head honchos made clear they were hoping to get out of the site -- profit. Sometimes, you have to realize your hobby WON'T turn a profit, and just be happy/satisfied to break even and just enjoy it for the sake of even being ABLE to run it.

If including potential income(s), then that $25k a month makes sense. Few forums, if any, are worth shelling out $300k a year with no profit ROI.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Transfer any money over the monthly fund . Into a account that when they build enough up they can fix all the bugs .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I just don’t like the part about putting obligations on anyone.

It’s not really what we’re about .

Some have and some haven’t .

Some that haven’t have some great input .

Some that have also have great input and can easily covered the cost .

edit on 18-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Maybe the owners want to go Dutch
sit back and take it easy with a nice big spliff and scrub the data on the server

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't really think they care for a solution. Dunno, but that's the vibe I'm getting.
a reply to: Wookiep

yeah I am getting that vibe as well. To not even want a go fund me to put ATS at the very least on life support to prolong for a potential buyer?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think part of it is that some people may want to retire and go enjoy life instead of spending their time trying to keep this site going. It is a job. The money does not always make it right, it just justifies the time spent on the site. Like was stated, handing the site to someone else that has the time and wants to put in the work is more beneficial to the owners if they want out to be free to go out and just enjoy themselves. We never know when we are going to kick the bucket, so you do need to complete your bucket list.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That’s when you have a highpiphany . Lol

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Well then let’s buy it the same way .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wonder Might have to trim down some..en.wikipedia.org...(online_service)
edit on 18-6-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'd pay monthly. It's my go-to web place for news, info, curiosity. I love this place and the people. Please save it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join