It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we Start Preparing for Life After ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So I know the hope is that a solution to this sites current problems is ongoing however I for one realistically feel that ATS is probably going to shutdown in the next few months and just "go dark", personally I believe this site has run its course, its sad in a sense but thats life.

I see lots of posts talking about ways to save the site but I was wondering if we should also be having the discussion about what happens after ATS.

I actually also wonder if it wouldn't make more sense for the owners to just give us a date, "ATS will shut down on x date". It must be haemorrhaging money so surly it would make more sense to just accept the inevitable so that members can start getting their head round the idea. Personally think that there are a lot of people on ATS who perhaps hold this site a little too close to their hearts for who losing it might be difficult. So would it not be better to just get the ball rolling.

People can start planning what site the community can use after ATS, we can save all those old threads we wrote that we might want to keep, we can say our goodbyes, hell how about a ATS farewell cyber party!

Just some thoughts.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
People can start planning what site the community can use after ATS, we can save all those old threads we wrote that we might want to keep, we can say our goodbyes, hell how about a ATS farewell cyber party!

I say we find some nice, normal, unsuspecting site like knitting.com and blow that mf'er right out of the water with political hollow earth alien threads.

At this point I say we take the whole internet down with us.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I say we find some nice, normal, unsuspecting site like knitting.com and blow that mf'er right out of the water with political hollow earth alien threads.

At this point I say we take the whole internet down with us.

YES!!!!

Just spam it with alien pics and start threads that have a single word "HARP" just to confuse the sh!t out of the knitting community.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I totally understand what you are telling me. I only live a couple miles from the barclays center. I will set that on fire. That’ll bring this site back!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Burn that trash pile down.

I'll meet you at Radegast after.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This OP addresses a serious concern.
I hope someone has some ideas

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Looking at the other thread, I'm thinking those people willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars buying ATS would be better off just taking that money and starting a new site.

As SO has made abundantly clear, the ATS brand is pretty much anathema to advertisers. On top of that the site really needs a ground up overhaul.

Before ATS could even begin to think of becoming profitable you'd pretty much be starting from scratch anyway.

So why waste money on a brand that has so much stigma attached to it just for nostalgia's sake?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah am not talking about saving the site, I am talking about what we could do after its gone.

Do we have a discord, do we use reddit, is it possible that those who are offering up cash go create their own site and so on.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Agreed. I came home from a poker night last night, to that depressing thread.

I was stunned. Just sat there staring at it til, 1am. I’m usually in bed no later than 11.

I have no other sites I visit. I know posters have mentioned before where a bunch of the banned members went, but it always gets deleted.

Hopefully the mods let us openly talk about this. Because I’m feeling a bit like an orphan right now.

I actually fu##img cried when I read Shawmans thread. Yess, I’m a big baby I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Which is what I'm saying. If those people have that kind of capital to throw around they're better off starting a new site.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Which is what I'm saying. If those people have that kind of capital to throw around they're better off starting a new site.

Totally agree.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Looking at the other thread, I'm thinking those people willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars buying ATS would be better off just taking that money and starting a new site.

I did a course in Dreamweaver once, like 15 years ago...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I mean, if the site shuts down completely is there an ATS section on Reddit? or similar?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I mean, if the site shuts down completely is there an ATS section on Reddit? or similar?

Yes there is. r/AboveTopSecret. But it is seriously forgotten.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think a better temporary stopgap than reddit is email digests. but itd be a bit chaotic. i already PMed FauxMulder

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It may be worth co-ordinating this discussion with Stay in touch ATS

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think ATS would be a very saleable asset under normal circumstances. Probably still should be.

I had thought with this shutdown site-visitation would increase.

I never minded the adds myself.

But let's face it there are no sites like ATS.

I believe the downfall of legitimate conspiracy memes has affected the site.

The 911 demons are winning folks.

And I’m sorry to say there is no ATS on Reddit or anywhere else.

I experienced the death of a great forum ten years ago, called Zaadz, and all the attempts at taking it elsewhere were busts.

You cant redo a forum like this.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Good question... The other site I frequent is Political Forum so our conspiracies and Cryptozoic threads aren't really welcome there.

I found ATS after a mysterious explosion at Camp Minden nearly blew my windows out from 4 miles away back in October 2012. It was the only site I could find that talked about it.

Having said that, I don't mind the whole knitting takeover, but I don't have a clue which direction to go after that. I may just buy a few popsicle sticks to build a miniature liquor store and then burn it down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join