It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Here ONCE If You'd Pay for ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I see 25K a month is being quoted in other threads for the monthly upkeep - I have absolutely no idea what costs so much to run a site like this?

Is it realistic to think that could be generated by subscriptions?
Who would administer the site and the finances?

I think in the words of Private Frazer; 'We're doomed'!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is the only discussion forum I take part in.

I'd like it to stick around. 12 years of posts. I don't wanna throw that away.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

yes

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It depends on how much, but if it didn't get priced out of my pocket, I would. Places where you can discuss most anything civilly are rare these days.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Of course

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Whether it be for maintaining life-support, or building interest for potential buyers: would contribute $10/month, or a hundred bucks for a GoFundMe.

As long as the remains free.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
After reading all of SO's posts in his thread it just re-affirms what I've been asking;

Who will manage this site, its finances and its maintenance even if enough funding could be gained through subscriptions?

Anything that is IT based requires constant upgrading and maintenance.
Who ensures there is enough money for that and when it needs doing?

The last thing on earth I want to see is ATS shut down but I just can't see any other alternative at present.

I so, so hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Honestly the 25k a month has me a tad suspicious. I don't think it's anywhere near that much, just what it would take to be profitable enough for them to be willing to keep going with it despite burnout. It sounds to me like some of it is that they're simply tired and want to either give up or pass the mantle.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
ONCE

link   

Honest question, if everyone contributed in monthly paying, would we be able to make the site https secure?

link   
I'm in.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

As I said, I would never have thought ATS cost $25k a month upkeep.
But I think SO has put enough into this site in the past to be taken on his word with this.

I think its been an open secret for quite some time now that The Three Amigo's have all moved on and haven't been spending that much time and effort on ATS for a while.
Real life constantly changes and with it so must our priorities.....its no different for Simon, Mark or Bill.

I hope a solution is found, I'm just not entirely sure subscriptions are the answer.....I could quite easily be wrong, in fact I hope I am.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I would pay!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sure, I'd be glad to pay a membership fee.

I would not, however, want to be responsible for providing customer service here.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It pains me to say it but NO, not in its current format.

I would, however, pay for a conspiracy/mysterious subjects themed social site, with some light politics, like ATS used to be.

I don't want to pay for a right wing lunatic fringe echo chamber. That's Infowars.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
$200 from me

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh hail yes....pertinent site.....mister.....hey, but would I still be allowed LITERARY LICENSE ....to embelish my stories....?
edit on 18-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Meh, it’s none of my business, but a certain charm, ATS once had, is gone. Not going to get into the semantics, but I Rembrandt a time the mood was different, the board was less political and allot of us member wise were closer. I don’t see the stars realigning again. Now with that being said if Skeptic, flat out asked for help or assistance to help pay the bill to keep the server, up I would help, but I think it’s more expensive then we think, and or yea know people have changed and want to do something else. Nothing lasts forever folks. Of course I would donate, that is the least I can do hell I have been dwelling here since 2004. Maybe longer. I was in my 20’s I am in my 40’s now.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
How about if lurkers pay a fee but those who post and create actual valuable content for the site get it free? You gotta look at what it is that actually gives this site value.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join