It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 Has Been Delayed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
CD Projekt Red have today said Cyberpunk 2077 will now ship on November 19th instead of its scheduled September 17th release date.
twitter.com...

Disappointing news but anyone who waited for the Witcher 3's release knows CD Projekt Red won't release until they're happy the game is ready and good to go , given the current culture of release now and patch it later CD Projekt's decision is good enough for me.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Two months seems like good polishing time not just for the game but for the delivery systems and the back end where all the magic happens.

We saw that epics servers just went into a darkened room when they gave GTA V away so they probably want to bullet proof the delivery servers and the pipes to the outside world to be able to handle lord knows how many people wanting to pull down the game bang on midnight.

There will still be bugs in it when it launches as no amount of testing can simulate the stupid things that gamers will try and do so launching so close to Christmas seems a bit of a strange thing as they'll be winding down for it just as the game really kicks in.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was realizing just yesterday that I hadn't heard anything about Cyberpunk, and I was thinking that probably meant delay. Of course, it could also be that most of my YouTube channels haven't recovered from the great system rebuild and COVID-19 yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

The cynic in me thinks the delay will fit in nicely with the release of the next gen consoles but I'm sure they are doing more polishing as the game's releasing on both new and old systems.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have patience. It's not like I'm going anywhere. It's been a long time since I've actually wanted to pick up a triple A title.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yet ANOTHER delay. It's been vaporware a good long while. Fine. We'll wait. But I'm guessing this is not the FINAL delay. We've had a bunch of those already. Still looking forward to it.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm not a big gamer anymore but this game looks great and one that I will likely get.

This is how it works for me since I am no longer a gamer...
I buy games when they are like 50-70% off. Last year I bought The Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn and another game. All highly rated games for like $50 total.

I bought Days Gone and GTA V for $15/ piece.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
New release timeframe will fit nicely with the release of the next gen consoles..

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Is this like the 3rd delay for this game?!

It better be badass!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Didnt No Man's SKy have delays like this and have alot of buzz around it and it was a complete dud. Not say Cyberpunk is a dud it does look great.

At least there in a better position then Watchdogs Legion which doesnt even have a release date yet, after it was supposed to come out first quarter this year.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I have patience. It's not like I'm going anywhere. It's been a long time since I've actually wanted to pick up a triple A title.

Probably less about polishing and more about people playing cyberpunk on their new ps5 or xbox

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

No Man's Sky was also a first time developer. CD Projekt Red has a proven track record, but as with all things, there is the potential to flop since this is a new IP.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If we had to wait until next year for the game to be playable, id happily wait.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well. It ain't on Star Citizens level yet. That's something to be happy about

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It sounds like a lot of their marketing and stuff was delayed and pushed back due to COVID and then BLM. So that might also have played a part in their decision to delay.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Has anyone Here preordered the game ?

I vowed to never preorder a game again after what EA did with Battlefield 4.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I would like to say I haven't pre-ordered since BioWare took a walk off the deep end, but I did pre-order PlanetZoo after playing the beta. I liked it and wanted the Thomson's gazelle, Komodo dragon and pygmy hippo.
edit on 18-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh the lengths people will go to for a Pygmy hippo these day.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If it's coming out for both the PS4 and 5, I'll probably get the 5 version, assuming I can get a PS5.I trust CD Projekt red. Witcher 3 was one of the deepest, most enjoyable games I have ever played, definitely top 3

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh the lengths people will go to for a Pygmy hippo these day.

Actually it was all for the Komodo dragon, and I now have two sterling herds of Thomsons which took some doing. The little buggers are hard to find on the market, so I had to do some intensive good husbandry.

I have yet to even touch the pygmy hippos.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join