It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Offical ATS Reminiscing and Airing of Greivances Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I’ll miss having something to ignore housework for on my days off. And kali. And a few others. Hopefully they’ll give us a few days before the end to privately exchange emails and such. I always expected this place would come to an end before I was able to convince myself to stop coming here for good. Doesn’t make it any less of a bummer to learn that’s going to actually happen, though.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sad to hear, but maybe people wouldn’t have been forced to use ad blockers if ATS staff would have listened when we told them over and over that certain ads were making the site unusable.

Instead they ignored us and often deleted the threads discussing the problem.

Well, is it a problem you can ignore now?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Trueman

Oh hell, all our identities are compromised anyways.

Definitely need a member pic thread before this goes down.

Finally put some faces to names.

Oh lord, no one wants to see me. Especially not now that I'm a 40-something WFH who barely brushes her hair anymore and doesn't bother with makeup because she doesn't have to leave the house.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I may not be a loud voice, but ATS and its members have been a forum of discourse and information for me, unavailable anywhere else.

ATS has been my go-to, to get a daily pressure gauge on the world for years.

There is not a better cross section of opinions and news, faster, more clearly and better presented anywhere else I have found on the internet for decades, with generally excellent moderation. I appreciate all sides of the argument, even those i strongly disagree with, or those that I find to be depraved.

Unsure of some news? Guaranteed to find the alternative opinion on ATS. Always.

I do hope the discourse and free speech are only going into hibernation, and rather than selling out, we just have to go quiet until there is an opportunity to "discover" again.

ATS's potential closure has struck me hard, as I see it as one of the death tolls of free speech, a trend that has been growing alarmingly for the last decade or more.

I have been contemplating it all day.

I honestly can't believe I am entering a world where information is not freely available. Where my opinions and questions are censored based on someone else's opinions. Where a balanced and centrist view is seen as extreme from both far extremes, being framed as "controversial" and prosecuted under political correctness.

It's sad, as a world, that we don't value open data, and free exchange of ideas.

I will be here every day until the end... and after.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

People would prefer to close their minds than be challenged intellectually, morally, or ideologically. No one wants to think whether that leads to change their minds or simply re-affirm what they already knew. Either one of those two is OK, and the second, third, fourth time you take that trip whether you change or not, it gets a lot less scary.

People need to rediscover that.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hear you, bro, it's sad, but I don't want to regret not putting a few things out there if it in fact does end. I'm hoping others feel the same way.

It's hard to know what to do, but your instincts are good

Just heard the news

I can either say a lot or a little. I'm tempted to start a thread, but, you know - why would I do that?

This place...seriously. Amirite?

Love and poison

I might hang around off and on for a bit. I might have to say some goodbyes, copy and paste a few million things. Cripes, I suppose it would be too much to ask for a way to save entire threads?

Right

S&F Augie - for however long that matters

edit on 6/18/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Good seeing you, you're missed when you're not here.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fine I'll come clean..

In real life I am a cantankerous, mean spirited, vile excuse for a human being..

There are 10 to 15 times a day I have to restrain myself from posting some of the most vitriolic opinions you will ever read.

And they aren't all about Olaru..

Seriously though, I'm gonna stick in here like an embedded infected tick head until the very end..

And when the music stops and they pull back the curtain... I'll be that drunk ass hat in the corner who needs to be picked up by his belt and thrown out on his unwashed stank ass.

As always..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What about those of us that mostly lurk and read and give those of you who are wittier and sharper stars and flags? Will we be eligible for the ATS mark or tattoo? I’ve been a daily reader for 10 years, even though I’m mostly a quiet observer... I do post sometimes though, and I will definitely miss my nighttime ritual of reading ATS before bed. And I will surely miss many of you who I feel like I know... even though most likely have never seen my (screen) name. 💓💓💓

a reply to: CriticalStinker

edit on 18-6-2020 by nicevillegrl because: Eta

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You made me go back and look at my threads - it's embarassing. Which is a good sign, I guess I grew up on ATS.
And by the time I will have taken over the world, my path will be deleted. Couldn't work out any better.
What I truly regret is that I couldn't find one who'd have believed any of my # - it's all true -

I will miss the design. ATS is so pretty, have you been to reddit? That's so ugly! Our ATS, the black and the white, are just gorgeous.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
...have you been to reddit?

Yeah, t's awful. I can't stand the formatting.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Someone should make a thread were we can all tell each other what other conspiracy sites we are a part of so we can stay together.

We can help the legacy of ats live on that way.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

There are 10 to 15 times a day I have to restrain myself from posting some of the most vitriolic opinions you will ever read.

And they aren't all about Olaru..

Wrong again...

It's always, all about olaru12

post away!!

edit on 18-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Someone should make a thread were we can all tell each other what other conspiracy sites we are a part of so we can stay together.

To be honest this is about the only place I post online regularly with the exception of LinkedIn but that is for work.

Oh, and Yelp, but that doesn't count.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And that's why I love you,
So don't be afraid to let them show,
True colors,
True colors are beautiful to me,

/hugs bro

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hopefully a bunch of us can find or start a new site with similar content.
(if anyone does, or knows of one, pls PM me with link / address)

I missed Wrabbit and Beezzer. they haven't posted for a while so I guess they're gone.
I missed Kali too. sorry to hear about.

have enjoyed Phage, though I often disagree with him.

have agreed with DBCowboy most of the time. accurate and fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
What about those of us that mostly lurk and read and give those of you who are wittier and sharper stars and flags? Will we be eligible for the ATS mark or tattoo? I’ve been a daily reader for 10 years, even though I’m mostly a quiet observer... I do post sometimes though, and I will definitely miss my nighttime ritual of reading ATS before bed. And I will surely miss many of you who I feel like I know... even though most likely have never seen my (screen) name. 💓💓💓

a reply to: CriticalStinker

You all are just as important as those of us who comment a lot (or spam filler in my case 😂).

You all are the silent majority who kept traffic on the board.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Trueman

Oh hell, all our identities are compromised anyways.

Definitely need a member pic thread before this goes down.

Finally put some faces to names.

Oh lord, no one wants to see me. Especially not now that I'm a 40-something WFH who barely brushes her hair anymore and doesn't bother with makeup because she doesn't have to leave the house.

Just use a 10 year old pic. That’s what most people do on social media anyways....

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Ohhh, high school senior photos ... here I come. I actually almost look good in those.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Are you gonna host a post-ATS party? Like a haunted house can't be resisted, I'd risk passing out amongst friends (keep your Sharpies to yourselves) and spending a night in the basement.

Haven't been to Joisey since I moved away in '90. What am I thinking?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join