It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Offical ATS Reminiscing and Airing of Greivances Thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
We'd have to make a reservation now.
Augustus' sacrificial altar is booked solid until next Thursday.

tell me about it. What with the potential site closing I've been moving up appointments and I'm booked solid.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Just for the record ( or possibly entirely off of it, boundaries and rules were always my weak point )... If things go south I hope you all know how much I'm going to miss waking up and reading threads like this.

I can't put a number on how many times one ( or more ) of y'all posted some random comment that turned a bad day for me into a tolerable one.

Sometimes just laughing can make all the difference.

I'm indebted to so many of you in this way. So thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks Heff, I'm certain I can say me and the socks sure do appreciate that.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

In a previous incarnation on this site 6-7 years ago, I got my first hand-slapping by you, Heff — something about “play the ball, not the player...”. And, dude, you couldn’t been any nicer about it. Only mod I ever thought, “it’s been a minute since I’ve seen Heff”.

At any rate, alway thought that you had some really sincere, introspective takes; I hope you keep on, keepin on — you’re a good dude in my book.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can't exactly recall how on Earth I found this place but I do remember my first post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Early on I was somewhat taken aback when I realized that there were some truly pathological individuals posting here. But then, I had also encountered a few of the same "in real life" so there wasn't much reason to be surprised. Perhaps it was the depth of psychosis which concerned me, but I got over it. Simply an expansion of a circle of acquaintances.

Early on there "friends and foes" listings for members. There were few whom I listed as friends and I saw no point in listing anyone as a "foe", but my name showed up frequently on the lists of other members. It was nice to see an automated announcement when someone had designated me a friend and just as gratifying when someone had decided I was foe.

As I got more settled in and friend and foe alike sometimes inquired either "why do you waste your time" or "why are you even on this site", the answer would always be the same. "There are some really interesting questions posed here. Maybe some of them can actually be answered." I learned quite a bit of interesting (though often useless) things in the process. Life is for learning. Right?

I was often asked about my credentials. Questions which I evaded in public by saying "What difference does it make if the information I present is accurate? Can you address the information I present?", if I answered at all. In some private conversations, I did provide the information. In others, I didn't.

I have been scolded by mods (usually I could see their point and learned from it). I think I was even post banned at least once.

A few years ago the site began to take on a decidedly political turn. I have attributed this mostly to the rise of social media (and "mobile devices"). I recall a thread created by SO back then, an "experiment", but even back then were still nuggets which could actually be researched, rather than only being a matter of opinion and rumor. Those nuggets have become fewer and farther between.

ATS was great, and has become less and less so.

My avatar, btw, was created by a "friend", Greeneyedleo. Way back when. Thanks again, I truly hope you are well.

- Sam
edit on 6/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Phage, I'm reviewing that thread
found at least one of your posts
(Switch Monkey hee hee hee)

there sure were some interesting usernames / avatars
(and people)
wish I'd come aboard earlier

really great when Jim Oberg would contribute
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: mamabeth

I was just on it breaking his balls.

Jokes on you!

You cant break what has never worked!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: mamabeth

I was just on it breaking his balls.

Jokes on you!

You cant break what has never worked!

Can't break what they don't have!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are the epitome of pathological. I've never read a poster contradict themselves more than you. You have only your opinion which no one cares about.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh I have my faults

Let's list them.

Nice
Caring
Always offering support to any who need it

Yea, I see what you mean. A terrible fit for all us hooligans.

Haha! In real life I can swear like a sailor. I rarely ever get really angry, but if I do, look out! LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: FauxMulder

a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh I have my faults

Let's list them.

Nice
Caring
Always offering support to any who need it

Yea, I see what you mean. A terrible fit for all us hooligans.

I have a Night Star figurine on the dashboard of my car.

LOL
I want one.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Night Star

You always were one of the best of us.

I never saw you have an unkind word for anybody.

Well I have had posts removed in the past. Yes me! LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That was partly my doing and by 'partly' I mean mostly.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282
You are the epitome of pathological. I've never read a poster contradict themselves more than you. You have only your opinion which no one cares about.
Actually, Phage's opinion has always been valued on this site, but thanks for your interest. .

Here's my first posting upon joining up after several years of lurking because I was too paranoid to add my name to another 'list'. I came here from Rense...which was once not the Poo Stew it is today, and quite a while on the ParaNet boards. Working for a university, I had early 90s access to the web. Think FTP.
Anybody else read Skolnick's "Overthrow of the American Republic"?
Anyway, www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-6-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Case74282

I care. I seek out his posts on purpose

Are you sure you're understanding them?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Strangely, now I'm being forced to think about it, the people I respect the most on here are those who I have had disagreements with. Those are the people who have made me think more than members who just agree.

That said, ATS brings out the absolute worst in me. It makes me angry, I don't hold back and I generally lose all manners.

So for me, even though I don't addict to Facebook etc, this is just as negative for my psyche.

I'll be sad to see it go but it will be healthy for me to move on.

If you met me, you wouldn't believe....

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282

This is exactly what I'm talking about....

ATS lost its focus on high strangeness to become a politically right wing gathering place which drives off members with different ideologies and interests. The atmosphere just became to toxic and it killed the community spirit.

I would have gladly invested in the "old" ats, not this one. I'm not interested in investing in an echo chamber for Matt Drudge, Breitbart, Rush, Glenn Beck or S. Gorka.

As much as I enjoyed the "mudpit" it infected the whole site.

edit on 22-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My very first thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We ARE trying to save this place.

Due to obvious factors, the effort was taken to a private site.

MANY stated / pledged to help. However, we’ve only had 8 people show up (but it’s only been about 24 hours).

PLEASE, if you are one of the people that wants to see this place survive — PM Flyingclaydisk. He has been gracious enough to spearhead this endeavor. As if this man didn’t have any time to begin with...

Yes, I’m spamming the boards...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That was partly my doing and by 'partly' I mean mostly.

You're just pissed because you couldn't get me in your basement.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join