It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some folks , believe , that we, are the generation that won't experience Death .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe God doesnt want you to lose anything but only to be ready to do it.
Like being a soldier who never has to kill and die.
If God makes "all things new" it has to contain some destruction. At least in this world.
To acknowledge this nature of things may lead to a proper understanding and you are outta here while still here.
edit on 20/6/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe God doesnt want you to lose anything but only to be ready to do it.
Like being a soldier who never has to kill and die.
If God makes "all things new" it has to contain some destruction. At least in this world.
To acknowledge this nature of things may lead to a proper understanding and you are outta here while still here.

Good point. Like Abraham's willingness to make the sacrifice. Or when the Father of the prodigal son realizes the son is on his way home so he runs and meets him half way.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: cooperton

Yes, I believe.

I believe that if He calls me to give everything up, I will. I know that in the difficult days to come, families will be divided. If that should happen, it means I would be called to lose family for Him. There are all manner of ways I might be called to lose or have to otherwise sacrifice all for Him.

What about taking the mark? That would entail great sacrifice were I to refuse it - up to my life, but avoiding the mark is the only way to avoid losing Him.

The baker in Colorado or the Florist on the West Coast ... they lost their livelihoods in service to Him.

Many are the ways we are called to sacrifice our lives and livelihoods for Him.

Well said. We all have our calling. It's been said that anything that we leave behind for Christ is said to be returned 100-fold.

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Unless we want to just toss out the story of the Three Kings or discount it as more symbolic than literal, Jesus himself was no pauper and when he was a boy traveled in large enough family caravan that they didn't even realize they left him at the Temple in Jerusalem like in Home Alone until they were well on their way back home.

And then there's the story of the oily foot massage by a prostitute. Jesus was never about the money. It was about becoming King of the Jews. After that, it wouldn't matter.

From what I've come to comprehend, there seems to be a sort of classification. There is nothing wrong with prosperity, so long as it was achieved righteously. Yet ultimately for those who wish to 'drop their nets and follow the Cross', they are compelled to hold a light load - so much so that they don't even have an extra pair of clothes. God supplies the animals with food and shelter, why wouldn't he supply his children? Those that have motives that don't include God look for such base necessities, but someone looking for God intently will be given not just the necessities of life, but also a Cross/Passover into a new eternal life. Knock and it will be opened.

"One day with the Lord is like 1000 years" -2 Peter 3:8

I suppose this is the purpose of the Sabbath day. If you cannot devote your whole life to it, you can still give it one full day of the week.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Weird thoughts here.

Generations don't 'experience death' anyway. Even people do it in a limited way. Every time you fall asleep, you 'experience a death' of sorts - it's like a small-scale preview or trailer of what's to happen when the silver cord permanently detaches from your body. It's like a training-wheels version of a small-scale death.

Remember, anything that has been born, will also die. Anything that has birth, has death.

A body is born, a body dies. The soul just lives through it all, there's no death for self. as energy can't be destroyed.

Birth is the opposite of death. Life has no opposite.

So you could say, nothing substancial ever dies, and we're the substance, the body is temporary surface, it's a tool, a vessel, it's like a car. The driver can enter and exit, and the car is eventually scrapped, but the driver can go on, and sometimes drive other cars, etc.

This means, every soul experiences 'death' the same way they experience 'sleeping', except more consciously. You could say you never experience death, only your body does. Or you experience the body's death, but each experience is unique and varies a lot.

It's more like a libation from a tight confinement, a prison on so many levels.

From the Astral side's perspective, what people here call 'death' is actually seen as 'birth' (and vice versa), as you appear there (more permanently this time), and thus seems like you're born again'.

In TRUTHFUL terminology, it should be called 'returning to your real home after a brief schoolday' (Cosmically thinking).

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
But just uploading yourself into a machine is spiritual suicide, you are just copying yourself. A better way to go about it is to slowly convert our bodies into synthetic ones, starting with artificial neurons, then more advanced stuff. This way it ensures that we go with the process, not just our facade.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Auryx
Yes, a copy. But would the copy know the difference? Would the copy care it was just a copy? We lie to ourselves all the time as it is, so couldn't the copy just lie to itself and say no, this is me, the original, just moved to another form of transportation?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Auryx
Yes, a copy. But would the copy know the difference? Would the copy care it was just a copy? We lie to ourselves all the time as it is, so couldn't the copy just lie to itself and say no, this is me, the original, just moved to another form of transportation?

Hard to say. It's a philosophical question. How do you know right now that you are who you think you are? We only have one frame of reference, our individual point of view. Nobody can tell us it isn't valid, because they only have their point of view, too.

I assume that most people share the same kind of experience of reality I do, but I could be wrong. Somebody looking at the would through my perspective might think I'm an insane alien from another universe who is getting it all wrong.

Emile Durkheim said that it basically doesn't matter what's real and what isn't if it has real consequences. If you're a clone or a machine that believes itself to be a real human, and interacts with reality accordingly, it doesn't really matter that you're not.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is such a foreign concept to people, even those Jesus resurrected back to life grew old and died again.
But right now there are people on this earth that will never die according to the bible, I don't know how many select Boomers are going to make it, but the select Zoomers if they live even an average life space are in.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Gee, it used to be that the generation that saw the return of the jews back to the holy land would see the return of christ.. so how many world war 2 vets are left in the world?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Of interest to your question

List of notable surviving veterans of World War II

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: darrman
alot of people believe really stupid things

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join