It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some folks , believe , that we, are the generation that won't experience Death .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hey. hi.. it's been a while...

Folks.. may we honestly talk about our personal feeling and thoughts
about if WE, folks who are alive today, are the final Generations..

are we that close to .. the end of the Ride?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: darrman

Not feeling death? If you are talking biblical I'm thinking 90-95% of people living are going to hell. They will feel death!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If you believe in the 6 day 6000 year theory then Jesus was born at the 4000 year mark, tabernacled with us for 32 years, add the final 2 days 2000 years you end up with around 2032. Not sure how the time was effected when a Pope made adjustment to the years of the calendar. So I would say were getting close.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This life IS a kind of death, we are judged on how we get through it but can find hope in Christ since non of us are perfect, that said we are apart from God, our family's that have passed over before us and a world that lasts, everything we make, build, plant here dies, withers, collapses and fall's to dust.

Some say Life is a dream and death and awakening, I would also suggest it also help's to be in good graces with the Lord on that point as to what we wake up to.

Remember the seed has to die for the tree to grow.

Many medium's, not that I trust that lot at all but some of them have there hearts in the right place, claim we see our family again, some say that there are different levels or world's and some of them are just like the earth here but we don't die, if so death itself is not the end of the journey but perhaps just it's beginning and in Christ remember there is NO death, yes the body fall's away like terminal painful dandruff but we have a new one in his kingdom that is not fashioned of the dust of the earth.

But remember good people may very well go on being good as there nature is more set and stronger while bad wicked people may remain so, though not necessarily (he that believeth in me though he were DEAD yet shall he LIVE).

Or to take a passage from revelation Courtesy of Bible Hub.
biblehub.com...
Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of prophecy in this book, because the time is near. 11Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.” 12“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done.…

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is in predictions and prophecies, so I understand that most of the responses will look at things from a spiritual perspective...so at the risk of veering slightly off-topic: there have been many high profile transhumanist and futurist thinkers who have forecast potentially achieving sufficient technology to end senescence (that's transhumanist talk for aging), and therefore to achieve clinical immortality, within the next century, if not the next few decades. Of course, accidental death and some diseases would still be a concern, but decay from aging and our unraveling DNA wouldn't be.

So, who knows, it may be us. Stay healthy!
edit on 18-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Another angle on this notion, that is other than religious beliefs, is that technology will develop to such a degree that uploading a persons consciousness into machines might be possible.

As well, the notion that our biological limits can be overcome with advancement in regeneration so that aging will be eliminated and our bodies will no longer deteriorate.

In either of those cases, it's not ''we'' who will not die'' it will be ''them'' those who can afford those procedures that may not die.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

I would argue that is not avoiding death, it is merely creating a copy of the personality within a machine - a copy.
The person would still die and since the machine will always operate as a machine the mind within it no matter how close a copy will always be different to the original and will not actually be alive just running like a collection of subroutines in a quantum computer perhaps.

So I would argue they are wrong.

If however they find a way to extend the physical life of the body and brain itself them arguably that is not a copy and even if over time the body was slowly replaced with nano technology that learned, fixed and copied the original cell's then that would be not so much a copy as a variation on the self.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There's a big issue with mind downloading, which is an unsolved question on the nature of consciousness. The idea of mind downloading or molecular reconstruction based teleportation (the transporters from Trek) makes it both an engineering problem and a philosophical question with deep implications. Look up the "continuity problem of consciousness", it's pretty fascinating stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If these are the Biblical end times, then very few are avoiding death.

And even if you're taking the transhumanist approach, you only last as long as the tech does.
edit on 18-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I don't count mind downloading as a form of clinical immortality, no, because of the continuity problem of consciousness, as stated in my other reply. I'm speaking solely of regenerative medicine.

A cellular replacement type of model would likely not alter our form very much, it's worth noting. Our cells are already replaced periodically... this would only accelerate the process.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

Then you fall into the possibility of the brain not being able to remember any more, such people may have to sacrifice there earlier memory's and the core of there identity over time so though they may live they will also in a very real sense die a little as there new memories and brain tissue take the place of there old one's, somewhere along the line they would lose what makes us human.

Hey as far as data storage is concerned, not applicable to a human mind however there was an old technology developed in the 70's and 80's and then suppressed using crystal's that a little like a three dimensional laser disc would store date in a holographic matric, think how many lines of data you can send down one fibre optic cable, well this was non volatile but like an RW CD it could be accessed and altered but we never got to see it.

The reason was if you had access to something that was the size of a sugar cube yet could store more data than a modern server warehouse back then well they would never have been able to sell all those old hard drives, CD and DVD's, flash memory stick's, and new solid state drives.

Grundig were a leader in research into the technology and were about ready to release it but it look's like they sat on it or there parent corporation probably did - they used to be a world leader in high technology development though are just a trade name these day's.

edit on 18-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think that what makes us human, the continuous thread of consciousness and the internal histories it creates (and assuming we find a way past the continuity problem), would be preserved if we can match the storage and working memory of the human brain, or surpass its capabilities. Nearly impossible with digital technology, but we're on the brink of an optronics revolution in computing, so who knows what the next generation of quantum computers will be able to achieve.

Ketsuko's comment above, about points of failure, would be extremely relevant to a computing substrate switcheroo type of approach, though. There are risks. This would be extreme biological resilience, but not immortality.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If these are the Biblical end times, then very few are avoiding death.

And even if you're taking the transhumanist approach, you only last as long as the tech does.

Hopefully it will be a better system with less tendance for corruption of master OS files like windows so better hope Bill Gates doesn't create the platform.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Brother , hey..

some time ago i read a bible, that said,
paraphrasing:
we will rise up into our glorified bodies ,
and travel the 12 Constellations proclaiming our lord..

does that ever appear in your readings? because i cant find that in my current perusings..

reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: darrman
Brother , hey..

some time ago i read a bible, that said,
paraphrasing:
we will rise up into our glorified bodies ,
and travel the 12 Constellations proclaiming our lord..

does that ever appear in your readings? because i cant find that in my current perusings..

reply to: LABTECH767

The bible does say were ambassadors and witnesses. So we very well could be through out the universe.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You are talking about what other's call Mandela Affect, it is a different subject to this thread but I am pretty sure I too read a different bible, mine had a passage about one like unto the son of man whom would come down from out of heaven and overcome the beast and the kingdom of the beast, this was not the messiah our Lord but perhaps an angel that would be born on earth and he had a number which was called THE number of Man Seven ThreeScore and Seven while to differentiate the Beast's number was the number of A man which is Six Threescore and Six, basically Seven Threescore and Seven was able to hold back the beast and his match but the beast would not be defeated completely until the Lord come's with his martyr's in the cloud's.

Best way of taking it is to trust the Lord, you have had your personal revelation keep it with you and trust the Lord, the bible has not changed we have just read what we were shown, the world may change, the words in a book may but God is constant and unchanging as is his son our Lord.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Share Love..

Mandela Effect is not my true worry.
Bible operator error, was my focus .. lol

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I would argue against it being a false memory as I seem to remember everyone translating it wrong as 777, I even remember Eugene Terrablanch having an interview for a documentary program in which he used this wrong translation and tried to make out that all black African's were the beast claiming that his movement's flag was actually NOT a Swastika - well arguably it is not but if you catch my drift it really is just that a Swastika.
I actually jumped out of my armchair over here in England in outrage at the guy's pompous and to my mind blasphemous lies and very nearly kicked my TV, thankfully I did not kick it.
en.wikipedia.org...
He claimed this was NOT a swastika and NOT inspired by the NAZI's and tried to use the bible to justify his position and claim it was Seven Seven Seven man - note not seven threescore and seven but Seven Seven Seven.
en.wikipedia.org...

So whether or not you accept hat reality is rather more fluid than you may think or believe this is - Operator Error - False Memories is neither here nor there, there are also those of us whom actually remember the sky was Blue and the sun was Yellowish with a golden tint, grass was translucent green as were most leaves and you could see the light through them etc.

Of course there are those that think we are already just copy's in an Alien Data Archive, perhaps they invaded our world, copied our personality's into a virtual one and wiped out our real selves - thinking they were being there version of humane - or any number of variations on that idea.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

...or maybe this has all happened before, and we are in a historical reenactment so immersive that we forgot entering it. Maybe we're all reliving past events, and not actually shaping them. It's a disturbing thought, when you consider the implications it would have for free will...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Why wouldn’t u not want to die?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join