It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay In Touch, ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: FauxMulder

I detest reddit but it may be a good stopgap.

Tried a discord server awhile back but didn't gain legs. I hope we can figure this out and keep ats

I second Reddit as a backup forum for ATS if it goes under. At least until someone makes an actual app and if the owners can't keep the site online then it's anyone's guess who might pick up the pieces. Patreon and KickStarter are still options for you diehard types who refuse to say goodbye and it's not a bad direction to go with a little creative business strategy.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zona

Reply sent.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
With the crappy news that ATS will probably be going dark, I thought it would be a good idea for people to be able to stay in touch. Maybe there will be a new site in the future or a site that us ATS'ers will migrate to.

I know we cannot post our info in an open thread BUT if anyone would like to stay connected via email, you could always send me a PM *AHEM* I mean....erm.... use our wicked cool telepathy.

I set up a separate email just for this purpose. It would be cool to have a big email chain of ATS members.

I love all you crazy bastards, even the ones I don't ever agree with and I would be sad if I never got to be a sarcastic dick with you guys ever again.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Why can't I post there? Ugg. There is a better site.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Please take this as official permission to exchange contact information VIA PM.

I'd rather you not do it in a public thread as you'l get spammed if you do.

Also, as noted in the main thread, the r/abovetopsecret is NOT ours and we have no affiliation with it.

I just created one which I'll keep as a standby in case folks do decide to go in that direction.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

What’s the one you’ve created called?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums

I just created one which I'll keep as a standby in case folks do decide to go in that direction.

Another reddit? Or you mean your email?

@Mulder

And I want to take minute and say I didn't mean to rain
on Mulders thead when I spoke up about reddit. I should
have worded my post more carefully.

edit on 18-6-2020 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yup, what is it?

Also. Inbox me if ya wanna stay in touch. I'll make a throwaway email to stay in touch with people so I can know where everyone is migrating to.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

No worries, it's all good info!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I created a subreddit that can be used by ATS members should we end up no longer being able to use this site.

I had registered a username on reddit a year or two ago and never really used it but it allowed me to register a subreddit.

I don't think it's best for everyone if people started moving over there just yet but when that time comes I will, of course, want as many people from here as possible. By poking around I even noticed that the subreddit can have a chat room (something quite a few of our members miss).

I can always be reached by PM here or on gmail. My username is the same everywhere.

I'd very much like to stay in touch with people... if not, I swear I'll find somewhere to ban you from.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If anyone wants, I'll make sure to check my PM that I never do since it stopped lighting up. I swear I'll look in there at least once for the next three days.

Otherwise ... ugh, I guess I'm looking for reddit? I'd need to know what to look for.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Totally agree on not pushing a migration quite yet!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If anyone wants, I'll make sure to check my PM that I never do since it stopped lighting up. I swear I'll look in there at least once for the next three days.

Otherwise ... ugh, I guess I'm looking for reddit? I'd need to know what to look for.

Search for r/tifu coconut

Please read my signature and don't follow my suggestion. It's not ATS but a fun read anyway

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'd very much like to stay in touch with people... if not, I swear I'll find somewhere to ban you from.

That kind of power must be intoxicating.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I correspond via messenger pigeon only. What're your coordinates?

(All my ATS posts are done through pigeons, too. It's a skill.)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I've found pigeons to be nothing more than government shills. Literally Hitler.

I switched to currier dingos years ago. More reliable but there was that one incident where they took a baby.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Pigeons are a lot faster than dingos, they can traverse bodies of water, and they don't stop to abscond with and eat babies.

But they might attack storks mid-flight for a snack.

If I could find one I'd use a racing snail.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Humor is indeed powerful.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
a reply to: olaru12

Humor is indeed powerful.

I was banned once before, I didn't think it was very funny or fair.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The problem with pigeons is that the neighbors get a bit ticked over the mess.

Anyhow, I prefer laser-guided sharks. No one messes with them. The problem is waiting for the spring tornado season to get them loaded up and sent out if I'm having to send overland.

edit on 18-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join