It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Seen What's Coming Out In John Boltons Book ? Shocking.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Numerous lies and outrageous ignorant statements made from the horse's own mouth should alone be alarming. I never would have thought I would see the day Americans would stand by while a president clearly abuses his power for his own self-gain.

Obama, Hillary (didn't work) maybe another 40, but not Carter he was a saint, crappy President, but a saint. I said this other times...Why is Trump wrong in any of this if it is/was the status quo for all the other Presidents, officials, Governors, mayors etc etc?

There is a name for all this...it is called politics and diplomacy. Maybe Trump just really sucks at it...I mean these others are life long professional politicians/officials. They got it down well after decades of practice, so your " I never would have thought I would see the day" is a joke...

edit on 19-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
As usual, mostly lies from the foreigner who doesn't know anything about our country or our politics.

Is that even a rational argument?

originally posted by: chr0naut

Patently untrue. The administration has done the best it could in the face of insufficient and conflicting information from experts. The only thing I'll fault them on here is being in office for 3 years and not having corrected the gross mismanagement of our emergency response system that happened under Obama.

Really, are you in that much denial?

Here's the numbers from John's Hopkins: Tell me, which country has the worst/biggest numbers?

The President is supposed to defend against threats by coordinating state responses. That means he is supposed to do something against this particular national threat - something that actually would prevent the numbers from being worse than any other country on the planet.

Also worth noting that the Democrat response would've been to not do travel restrictions, so even more people would be dead if Trump wasn't president.

Would that be the Democrat's response?

Also, Trump only blocked travel from China, leaving travel from other affected countries still happening.

The US completely shut down the airways during 911. They could have done it during the early days of the pandemic.

Trump's ethnocentric filter to reality prevented him from acting properly and unilaterally, even much later when everyone knew what was happening.

Mostly addressed above, although it's worth noting that none of the cuts and reorganizations the administration made had any impact on the Covid response.

Insufficient PPE and testing kits while Trump said there was no problem, your'e kidding? Down-sized hospitals and health systems designed to extract the most profit for the few. Where have you been?

I'll give you half a point on this, since he said it would be done by now. He obviously underestimated just how much resistance he would meet. This is ongoing.

He got his 'wall' money in the first year.

But, he is in the 'construction business' isn't he? Clearly, he has blown that money on something that he massively underestimated.

If he was a good businessman, he could have registered and monetized all that potential labor force. Instead, he prevents them from even contributing. He's just crap and wind.

I'll give ya that one.

Pretending he's responsible for a natural disaster is pathetic. If anything he should get credit here, since, again, if a Democrat were president the situation would be demonstrably worse. They would've insisted on doing a sweeping, nationwide shutdown instead of letting the states handle it.

Obama was a Democrat in that situation a couple of times with Ebola, SARS, Zika and Swine Flu. It's like they hardly even happened. Go figure.

You're also talking out both sides of your mouth here. Earlier you criticized the coronavirus response. If the response had been more robust, the economic damage would've been greater. Pick a side. Otherwise you just look dishonest.

No, it didn't have to be that way. The world has gone through epidemics before and managed it better, with less economic impact. Just have, over and over again, it's history!

No attempt to fix it is a complete lie. You're uninformed, as usual.

No he hasn't done anything to turn around the national debt. In fact, with the shutdown, the 'Southern border' national emergency and a number of other issues, he has majorly compounded the problem of government spending. Obama tried quantitative easing to revitalize things. Trump just touted figures that don't actually address the elephant in the room.

I'll give ya that one.

Is this even a serious criticism? The fact that the weak European leaders don't like him is a plus, not a minus.

Not just European leaders, and not weak. Trump is supposed to negotiate with those guys and the fact that they don't like him is not conducive to the US getting any concessions.

I'll give ya that one.

The most prominent example I'm aware of there is the MISSION Act VA changes that he signed. He keeps calling it "Choice," which was the joke token changes that the Obama administration got done. The improvements that came under Trump are vastly better. As a vet, I couldn't care less that he keeps calling it the wrong name, it's still way better than anything Obama did for us.

Simply not true. Our trade agreements have gotten better. Even Democrats concede this one. Why lie?

Have you heard of the TPP? What was it replaced with?

Also, trade agreements are there to stop trade wars. If there are trade wars, like the one with China, it means the trade agreements aren't better, doesn't it?

Same as above. Keep lying.

Not lying.

I'll give ya that one. Crying about him using "clean coal" is weak and reaching though. That's an actual industry term. The rest of it, yeah, he says stupid # sometimes.

Clean Coal is advertising BS. Yes, he does say that.

False. There's hundreds of years of precedent for this. Could've been worse though, he could've committed an actual crime like Clinton did and ordered his staff to lie.

The effect is the same and it is just as illegal.

Just ironic and hilarious.

Demonstrably false. Again, why are you lying?

Where are the convictions against the likes of Hillary, the FBI and Obama?

I could do an entire thread on this alone, but short version is, this is bull#. They were illegally blocking an area the President was going to be entering. They were legally dispersed. And pretending Trump personally said to gas them is just pathetic and you lying, yet again.

How is a peaceful public protest in a public park, illegal? The dispersion was the illegal act.

Demonstrably false. He's done more in 3 years than the last 3 administrations combined. The worst places for blacks in this country are almost unanimously run by Democrats. Just demonstrating for the 1000th time that you don't know anything.

Republican areas are almost entirely devoid of non-Caucasians, due to the strong racist attitudes of the past. The ongoing racism is why the worst places for them, are where they live in numbers.

Also false. Predictable and funny coming from you.

So out of 20 items, maybe 3 had merit. The rest were inaccurate or outright lies.

Par for the course for you.

You are in denial of the truth. America is falling apart right now as a consequence of systemic problems which Trump has had no effect upon, nor has he particularly tried any sort of resolution, unless forced.

edit on 19/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The timing of the book is to hurt the Trump campaign. That’s all it is. Wouldn’t doubt if somewhere you’d find Democrat money supporting the book.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Status quo for other Presidents?? Really, your defense for Trump holds no water. No president in history has ever had so many red flags and has clearly ignored this country's values and mocked our country's constitution. No other president has interfered in our court system nor fired so many people in their own administration. No other president has been so divisive and has catered to ruthless dictators. The list can go on and on...

I've never been a fan of politicians. I've said it many times before, our political system is broken. We've become a country of die-hard fans rooting for our favorite political team. Our political team can do no wrong and we don't dare criticize them. Our representatives don't dare cross-over party-lines on political issues for fear of being blackballed by their own party and their donors. It's sad but our representatives work for their donors and not the people of this country. They're simply self-serving. Don't believe it, then ask yourself why many of them have become millionaires after being elected into office. (Many of them are in their 70's and have outstanding government pensions. Ever wonder why they don't retire like many other Americans in their 60's? One word POWER!)

If you were truly objective, you and many others would call out this president's idiocy, lies, self-serving agenda, and poor leadership. If this was a liberal president acting in the same manner as Trump, I can guarantee conservatives like you would be up in arms, and rightly so! By allowing this president a free pass, you have opened the door for future elected presidents to abuse their power and act in the same unrespectful and self-serving manner.

If Trump loses this coming election and another old fart like Biden wins, you and many other conservatives are going to have to bite your tongue. I can see the debates going something like this, "but it was ok when Trump did it, but now it's not ok for Biden to do it?" The shoe will now be on the other foot - so be prepared!

Two wrongs don't make a right. If the people of this country don't hold their representatives and president accountable, the American people will end up being the losers. We already have a do-nothing congress and Senate that is more worried about being re-elected, then holding up their oath of office.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Status quo for other Presidents?? Really, your defense for Trump holds no water. No president in history has ever had so many red flags and has clearly ignored this country's values and mocked our country's constitution. No other president has interfered in our court system nor fired so many people in their own administration. No other president has been so divisive and has catered to ruthless dictators. The list can go on and on...

Obama weaponized the FBI and IRS and the DOJ... He did Fast and Furious that killed Americans, he killed Americans with drones, He shut down FOIA even though he talked about a "transparent government", they approved Obamacare without reading it... and it barely lived past his presidency, not because of Trump, but because it was unsustainable. It forced people to pay into it, which is against the Constitution for one. He was deep in the undermining of the Trump Presidency in also weaponizing the FISA courts, Lynch had a tarmac meeting with Mr Clinton as Mrs Clinton was under investigation. They failed to put Hillary under oath in that investigation and doctored the results. Want me to go on for another 5 or 6 paragraphs?

And so what has Trump done...lol

I swear people can't remember past last week...lol

If you were truly objective, you and many others would call out this president's idiocy, lies, self-serving agenda, and poor leadership. If this was a liberal president acting in the same manner as Trump, I can guarantee conservatives like you would be up in arms, and rightly so! By allowing this president a free pass, you have opened the door for future elected presidents to abuse their power and act in the same unrespectful and self-serving manner.

I and other republicans call him out all the time, so not sure your point here. You have not read my prior posts on what Trump does wrong so don't get all high and mighty with me.

If Trump loses this coming election and another old fart like Biden wins, you and many other conservatives are going to have to bite your tongue. I can see the debates going something like this, "but it was ok when Trump did it, but now it's not ok for Biden to do it?" The shoe will now be on the other foot - so be prepared!

We will do what we did with Obama and move on...We will not get REEEee, or woke, or start some Antifa type group, no rioting, no "protesting", no preventing people to speak they opinions, no labeling, no virtual signaling, no double standard ...We actually just go to work, take care of our families and live a pretty good life no matter which ass is in office, so enjoy Biden if he wins. I did fine under Obama, they can't touch me, but hey the other 40% of the population had kind of a sucky time.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If the people of this country don't hold their representatives and president accountable, the American people will end up being the losers. We already have a do-nothing congress and Senate that is more worried about being re-elected, then holding up their oath of office.

The problem is you don't hold your own side to the same rules...It is all about Trump... BUT your side sucks too...lol

edit on 20-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Obama weaponized the FBI

... and J Edgar Hoover didn't?

and IRS and the DOJ

... really, Obama did that? Not previous Presidents - Republican ones like Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush Senior & Bush Junior?

... He did Fast and Furious that killed Americans,

How is 'fast and furious' or 'gun walking' different from other unregulated gun sales? They are still killing large numbers of Americans.

he killed Americans with drones,

He did that. They were what Trump would call 'terrorists'.

He shut down FOIA even though he talked about a "transparent government",

...and the number of FOIA denials under Trump is even worse. The Freedom of Information Act is getting worse under the Trump administration

they approved Obamacare without reading it... and it barely lived past his presidency, not because of Trump, but because it was unsustainable. It forced people to pay into it, which is against the Constitution for one. He was deep in the undermining of the Trump Presidency in also weaponizing the FISA courts, Lynch had a tarmac meeting with Mr Clinton as Mrs Clinton was under investigation. They failed to put Hillary under oath in that investigation and doctored the results. Want me to go on for another 5 or 6 paragraphs?

Please don't, because we have heard it all before and also because Trump has not been able to get a single conviction for any of these slurs against his opponents, despite several investigations, going on for years. Why might that be?

And so what has Trump done...lol

I swear people can't remember past last week...lol

He has played a lot of golf and has Tweeted a lot.

I and other republicans call him out all the time, so not sure your point here. You have not read my prior posts on what Trump does wrong so don't get all high and mighty with me.

No you don't. You continually try and 'spin' all the crap he says and does, to make some sort of reinterpretation or vague excuse.

[We will do what we did with Obama and move on...We will not get REEEee, or woke, or start some Antifa type group, no rioting, no "protesting", no preventing people to speak they opinions, no labeling, no virtual signaling, no double standard ...We actually just go to work, take care of our families and live a pretty good life no matter which ass is in office, so enjoy Biden if he wins. I did fine under Obama, they can't touch me, but hey the other 40% of the population had kind of a sucky time.

What a patriot you are!

The problem is you don't hold your own side to the same rules...It is all about Trump... BUT your side sucks too...lol

WeRpeons clearly said, "I've never been a fan of politicians. I've said it many times before, our political system is broken." He wasn't taking sides or towing a party line, he was pointing out that Trump is a particularly bad individual American President.

Trump also isn't a die-hard Republican and party hopped for a bit in the past, clearly a RINO.

edit on 20/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Here's the numbers from John's Hopkins: Tell me, which country has the worst/biggest numbers?

Which doesn't take into account population differences. Sort those same numbers by population and you'll find Europeans countries with socialized medicine have far higher death rates than us. That doesn't matter to you thought because your goal is to push a false narrative, not to discuss things rationally.

The rest of your reply is just as uninformed. No surprise there.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.
edit on 20 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Anything can be shocking when its bull#.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaBoy

I will trust John Bolton the war hawk, before I believe anything the twitter in chief, tweets or his BS self promoting propaganda festivals.

edit on 20-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Trump filed a lawsuit to try and stop the publication of Boltons book. What a donk, now everyone will buy and read it to see what trump wanted to hide.

btw....a judge threw trumps lawsuit out...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

What an idiot..! Wouldn't know what the Boogaloo movement stands for even if you look it up..!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanux
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

What an idiot..! Wouldn't know what the Boogaloo movement stands for even if you look it up..!

I'sent that a break dancing group from the early 80ts???..

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Thanks for pointing out the fact that I wasn't taking political sides. I've been a registered independent for over 15 years and was simply pointing out the fact that it's dangerous for Trump supporters to simply ignore the numerous red flags of this president. As soon as someone criticizes this president, their made out to be from the opposite political party. Another clear reason why having political parties doesn't unite us for the common good. If candidates just ran on the issues without political labels, our government would get more done instead of all this infighting. This president has added fuel to the flame by promoting his political party almost on a daily basis like no other president before him. Unfortunately, he's divided this country like never before. (I'll remind Trump supporters of this famous saying...United we Stand, divided we Fall).

It's really unnerving how Americans can still support this president. Taking into account the fact that Trump cozied up with a ruthless dictator should have rung alarm bells across this country. Since taking office, he has consistently shown a complete lack of understanding of the fundamental precepts of our constitutional system. He ignores the limitations placed on a president through our Constitution's checks and balances. Anyone with any common sense can see he wants to rule with absolute power.

Red Flags??... He cages children, he intervenes in criminal cases and politicizes the court system, he holds a military parade, attacks whistle-blowers, he declares the news media is the "enemy of the people" and he muses about being president for life. Yet we fail to see him for what he is?? Wake up America, this president has the ambition to rule with total power! Our representatives are complicit by refusing to allow witnesses at his impeachment trial. If he has nothing to hide, what's does an innocent person have to fear?

Trump's narcissistic personality clearly interferes with his leadership and decision making. It's simply a dangerous character to have in a leader. I'm actually surprised how women can even support this man, considering how many sexual allegations were made against him and how he demeans and degrades women. If this was a women president degrading men, I can guarantee she would be lucky to receive 10% of male support.

I sometimes feel these supporters would rather live in a dictatorship! How many red flags need to be raised until supporters see this man is on a course to destroy the basic foundation and values of America? Trump's "Make America Great Again", is more like "Make America an Autocracy"! Anything good Trump has done pales with how he's politically maneuvering a stronghold on our government's checks and balances.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Which doesn't take into account population differences. Sort those same numbers by population and you'll find Europeans countries with socialized medicine have far higher death rates than us. That doesn't matter to you thought because your goal is to push a false narrative, not to discuss things rationally.

The rest of your reply is just as uninformed. No surprise there.

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

When you compare against other countries that have failed in dealing with COVID-19, the USA are only the sixth worst. The thing is, most of those other countries have now flattened the curve and stopped the high infection rate.

The USA infection rate is still going fairly linearly and it's case numbers, which were decreasing, are now trending back upwards, very significantly. The second wave is upon you and the first hasn't been dealt with.

That's the sort of thing that happens when people elect a self serving imbecile who ignored the science, ignored and de-funded the agencies set up to give the scientific advice in such scenarios, and still touts things that failed to have effect, as being his best response.

... but isn't America supposed to be so technologically advanced and powerful?

Btw, back on topic, apparently Trump has lost the case trying to block Bolton's book. And then there's also Mary's 'tell-all' book, too.

My guess is that people might read them and find out things.

edit on 20/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I just do not know what your problem is... Go back and read my posts, I slam Trump all the time. As to your reply I was answering this, and picked just the last President as example...Not sure why you got triggered over it.

Trump holds no water. No president in history has ever had so many red flags and has clearly ignored this country's values and mocked our country's constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Red Flags??... He cages children, he intervenes in criminal cases and politicizes the court system, he holds a military parade, attacks whistle-blowers, he declares the news media is the "enemy of the people" and he muses about being president for life. Yet we fail to see him for what he is?? Wake up America, this president has the ambition to rule with total power! Our representatives are complicit by refusing to allow witnesses at his impeachment trial. If he has nothing to hide, what's does an innocent person have to fear?

You talking Obama here or Trump...lol You do know all those pictures of caged children were from 2014, right?

When Trump does something like lie to the FISA court for political gains then you might have something.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Cages or I guess "chain-linked fencing," is more appropriate. Either way, children were separated from their parents. Obama didn't have the policy to separate families who arrived illegally, that was Trump's policy.

Now the issue with not allowing illegal immigrants to cross the border is an issue I can agree with. However, no matter if they're illegal, parents should never be separated from their children, period!

Another red flag today...Trump has fired a Top U.S. "republican" prosecutor investigating his allies! He said he wasn't involved in it, but he gave AG Barr his approval! This is the kind of bald-faced lie Trump has been caught at time and time again. Again, he's using the power of his office to protect his cronies, many of them who have been found guilty or even admitted to being guilty! Again, he's replacing him with someone who will do his bidding. Sounds like a dictator interfering with the due process of law in this country.

As if that isn't enough, he puts his own political base in harm's way and pushes on with a campaign rally in Tulsa. Ignoring the heightened risk of people contacting the Covid-19 virus. Six of his campaign workers have already contacted the virus. This is a president who cares only about himself. If he had any concerns or empathy for people being exposed to this virus, he would have never scheduled this campaign rally. Many in his base will probably follow his lead and not wear a mask, even increasing their risks.

Just more red flags I'm sure you'll ignore just like the rest of his base.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
If Bolton would try to run for president and could somehow win, we would be in World War 12 by now

And we knew that before Trump appointed him to National Security.
edit on 20-6-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Bolton wouldn't testify at the impeachment hearing......Why not?

Would the stories in his book hold up under oath while testifying?

Subpoena him to testify in front of the Senate, and have him answer every " I feel" with facts under oath.

Bolton will get charged for spilling secrets, since his book was never properly vetted and approved released for publication.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: PizzaBoy

I will trust John Bolton the war hawk, before I believe anything the twitter in chief, tweets or his BS self promoting propaganda festivals.

John Bolton's chief of staff says John filled his book with lies, and is enjoying how many suckers believe what he wrote...and spend their cash to buy it.

www.redstate.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join