It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello all,

Just checking in. Looking at the names who have replied thus far I guess if the site disappears I will miss you all. If so I will be reminiscing of our fav sites 'The Shed' and "the Acronym Game'

Kind regards,

Bally and Truey

edit on 18-6-2020 by bally001 because: pic

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

It isn't goodbye, it is... until we meet again.
Many ATS members trying to save the site. I'm not giving up just yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If the site does die and enough people are interested, I would consider a facebook group for us Shed dwellers. It would have to have a different name than The Shed though.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I was thinking a FB Shed would be in order should ATS go dark ( perish the thought ).

Please PM me your info.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello my old Brothers and Sisters
There was no way I could not stop in and say hello for the 25th chapter!

Wow so many have come and gone, so many tales and stories told over time here... One can never say there was anything ugly about the Shed.

I like some of you folks am also a long time member of this site. It has become an old friend just has this one little nook of the ATS world has. It would be like losing an old friend.

Now it does look like there is still some time ahead and anything can happen in a wink of time, imagine what could happen with a few months to work with.

If it does come to closing down though, you all are more than welcome to bring the shed to my humble home just over that small rise there in the distance. There is plenty of room for all of us
I can build a lovely new corner for our humble abode filled to the brim with all things magical that we have come to love
We can continue our stories and fill another book.

Nite Star you know I love you doll! If you would like to hear more or see more, just shoot me a message. Nothing would make me happier than if needed, to house our future home.

Old Memory below!

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe Sir Gordy knows the pathways to other realms that would host The Shed if the need arises and if he would choose to show the way.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Lumenari

Wonderful to have you! I LOVE Lindsey Sterling!!!

Then perhaps this would be more appropriate for what is happening right now...

If you do a FB version of the Shed please tell me.

I'll show up with fun stories and no snark.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The Wolf Lord has arrived.

All Hail Night Star, queen of the shed.

P

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hi NS. Thanks for the warm welcome, as usual.
Am feeling a little funny after that donut...
Did somebody sprinkle pixie-dust on them ?
( Personally suspect Bally, as he's always got that pouch of home-mixed tobacco around... )

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've got this cheap Chinese-manufactured (redundant, I know) bicycle.

I rode it around town for about a month after I bought it. One day, the rear tire blew out while I was inflating it. The sound of that tire blowing echoed through the neighborhood, and it scared me half to death --- my head was right next to the damn thing when it went.

I bought two new tubes (figuring I'd replace both the factory tubes while I was going to the trouble). It was an entertaining hassle removing the wheels from the bike and swapping the tubes out.

The rear derailleur---the mechanism that, when the gear shifter is engaged, moves the chain from cog to cog---needed to be recalibrated after I got the rear wheel back on and reset the chain on the gears.

Ok, no problem. I had saved the manual to the bicycle, which contains maintenance instructions and setup procedures. So, I dusted it off and sat for a good while trying to make heads or tails of the derailleur.

Now you must bear in mind: I have the attention span of a retarded gnat on a good day, and since I was also, incidentally, stoned out of my mind, I simply couldn't make sense of what I was supposed to be doing...high limit screw, low limit screw, barrel adjuster?

It was hopeless, and it was certainly a pathetic sight. When I die, if anecdotes of a life-review are based in fact, I hope I can skip this portion of the show. Crestfallen, I parked the bike, where for months and months it sat, untouched.

Yesterday, the bike snared my attention. I looked at it, strewn in cobwebs, its sparkly blue finish obscured by a thick accretion of dust, then sprang to work, turning it upside down on cinderblocks on the lawn, crawling on my knees around it, making adjustments to the derailleur, cranking the pedals by hand, shifting through the gears, and repeating this process over and over until finally, my brow dewy with sweat and a sheen of oil, grease, and grime on my hands, the fog of my ignorance gave way to a clear blue sky of understanding: the gear shifter moved the chain, smoothly and without hesitation, from gear to gear, up and down and up again. I actually fixed it! Unable to remove the smile from my face, I took it for a ride and basked in the pride of having actually done something right by using my own faculties of observation and focus.

Today, I planned on a ride after coming home from a hike with my family. I went to hop on my bike, and my heart plunged when I noticed the rear tire had blown out, again.
At least my head wasn't right next to it this time.

Such is life.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Most excellent song Lumenari!

Not sure yet where we will go. I hope we know in advance when the site is closing IF it closes. I know there are members trying to do something to keep the site alive. Guess we're living on the edge for now.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Timely and Onehuman, I sent you PM's.

Errollore, Yes, that could be another option as well.

Pheonix, dear Wolf Lord, You have heard the call of the Sheddites and have arrived.

Nothin, Hard to say if it's Bally or the pixies. LOL

DOE, sorry about your bike man. Perhaps a new tire is in order eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   

For the same tire to blow twice with such low miles, to me, indicates something like a burr on the rim. I guess I'll have a look at it in a year or so.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

In a year or so. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

For the same tire to blow twice with such low miles, to me, indicates something like a burr on the rim. I guess I'll have a look at it in a year or so.

What pressure do you put in that tire? When you say 'blow' do you mean 'flat' as in the air has escaped?

P

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The sidewall of the tire indicates 40 psi. Before I took my test cruise yesterday, I inflated both tires to that spec. (They were both seriously deflated after sitting for so long.)

The first time it happened, when my head was right next to the tire, it made a scary POP. The same tire was fine when I left today and totally empty when I returned; I assume it was a sudden burst rather than a protracted, leaking deflation. The front tire is still inflated to spec.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

It isn't goodbye, it is... until we meet again.
Many ATS members trying to save the site. I'm not giving up just yet.

Yeah, look sorry for the defeatist attitude. Must be the realist in me. I'd save the site no matter what it takes. And I'd fight to ensure it's survival.

I gather from responses that me and truey have not a lot to offer. We're not popular. Maybe because we don't complain. We just deal with life whatever happens personally or naturalistic events. We have problems like everyone else but I'm sure I don't continually burden others with probs we can deal with ourselves..

We deal with our losses ourselves and not place blame on the government, authorities, drugs, alcohol systems and so forth. Hence we are reluctant to say, "Wake up to yourselves'. That would offend others which is not our intention. Nowadays you can't even post respectfully without sending someone into a tail spin.

I dunno, maybe this is why ATS crashes. Not the 'Mud pit' Not the 'political crap'

In saying that 'true love' and I might look to a site that is informative, educational, correct and doesn't deal with cycles of problems.

Sorry, I am past the continual daily tragedies that posters cannot deal with.

Why is the 'blame' always someone else's fault. I have, and I'm sure, put forward the remarks, "Adjust, Adapt. Overcome."

People can do this with a bit of self realization. Heck, we (truey and I) could tell you stories you would not believe. Life threatening stories, survival and standing up for what is right.

Guess that doesn't hold together like a shattered windscreen driving at speed.

So if ATS goes under we won't be angry and run out on a drunken stupor or seek pscho help and complain.

You will recall NS we are fans of sci-fi. Even put a continual story line on this thread. The characters in that story could not compete with other posts.

Kind regards,

Bally and Truey

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Either a burr as you suggest or the material covering the ends of the spokes is not doing its job or got moved out of position when you put it back on. Or, someone is letting your tires down

P

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well said mate!

That is it in a nutshell.

I would help if I could but Fortran and Cobol are dead languages.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Or, someone is letting your tires down

P

I do love a good mystery....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join