It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks Blue! I don't have to wear a tutu though right?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Nope, it's not your size.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Well here we go then: here's to the Green-Fairy: bottoms-up !

Anyone else like a little shot ?
( Usually only take 1/3 to 1/2 an ounce though, 'cause it's 68.8% alcohol, and really burns going down! )
( Don't have a fancy absinthe fountain, and don't use the 'sugar-cube' method: just a neat shot. )

Yes! Me! Here and now.

Gonna get demanding: Three shots, in separate shot glasses, and place where i can smoke a cigarette. And 5 minutes alone....

I owe to birds now

Actually been in debt to them for dunno... 3 decades or something and yesterday things took a turn for the worse.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
Nice to find you here tonight. I'm sorry for your bird troubles. Are you certain it wasn't the Lohikäärmes?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Hi Fin ! Sure: here you go !

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Nice to find you here tonight. I'm sorry for your bird troubles. Are you certain it wasn't the Lohikäärmes?

How can you even remember such a word

(For others: Lohi = salmon, käärme = snake, lohikäärme = dragon)

It is the birds. Background info: i was maybe ten years old, every other weekend at my grandpa's and grandma's place. Should have spent those with my father but he chose career and the bottle. Some birds were always there, eating their strawberries. Grandma promised me 10 marks for every bird i shoot down. Air rifle. Missed once or twice. A bird landed on a tree branch near the strawberry field. Aimed, shot, and the bird dropped down like a rock. A part of my soul died right that moment, i still remember how it felt. I still remember it nearly every time i see a bird. Never aimed towards a living being ever since, and never will. Was truly not worth the 10 marks... You can get a bag of candy or a soda for that money. Very roughly 2 euros, 2 USD and so on...

Yesterday, i was taking a nap at my friend's place. Friend was at work. I woke up with one thing in my mind "Coffee... now..." Saw something fly by and i was like
A little bird managed to fly inside and headed straight in front of kitchen window. I was totally awake right away, not much choice. 2 cats in the apartment with me. Other one of them headed to the kitchen. My plan was to carry the cat into the bathroom, close the door, find the other cat, carry her also to the bathroom while blocking with my foot that the other cat won't run out of there while i put the other cat into the bathroom. Then it would have been just a human and a bird in the apartment, and cats out of the equation so then there would be time. I thought about opening the front door and try to lure the bird to fly out. And... I failed.

So i lifted the other cat into my lap. And at that moment, the other cat runs two million miles per hour past me, and RIP bird... I was like "No... No... will not watch this" So i let the other cat go from my lap, what is the point anymore? Went to the living room. Cat carried the bird in her mouth and the bird was still flapping it's wings. Little tweets and sounds of tiny bones crushing. "Okay i can't listen to this either" Went to bathroom, closed the door, set the faucet full speed and covered my ears with hands and broke down. But could not stay there in the bathroom forever. Micro-meditation and after a couple of minutes, then i closed the faucet and entered the living room. Only to see just a couple of feathers here and there.

Then it hit me. This was my chance to save a bird, after i had murdered one 3 decades ago. And i F'd up my chance. I will get a little bit of money tomorrow. Gonna head into a forest to do some serious apologizing. Gonna google about feeding them and stuff. I was thinking of some kind of grease balls and this... like a seed thing that won't give all at once, but only a small portion drops to be eaten. I have to set them hanging from a branch or something, not on the ground, so i have heard. Then take some distance and open a beer and sit down, and see if anyone flies to hear what i have to say. Then wait a week and go back to the same place to take the plastic seed container and stuff like that with me and then recycle them. I don't want to make the forest spirits angry, that is when real trouble is destined to begin.

City regulations ban feeding birds. Then they can sue me or something, and see if i care about their stupid books which tell me how to live and what to do and what not to do. I am not a robot, i don't need an instruction manual, i need morals and ethics, not rules which were set by someone else before me, with me having zero influence on that. I have a mission now. I have an agenda. Can't run around collecting bad karma all the time, otherwise it will finish me.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
To Nothin:

Thanks, i knew you would help me out here

edit on 16-7-2020 by Finspiracy because: I am not myself now, can't even quote the way i should.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just did my homework.

"Birdlife Finland" Recommends feeding only during winter time. During summers, birds can find their food from the nature, in warmth, diseases spread easily at the feeding spot, and the nutrient content of seeds and grease is different than the natural food of... Bird children? (too lazy now to google, there must be a word for them in English.) Bird children normally eat insects and it seems to be best for them.

Winter feeding should be continued thorough the winter, because a one-time feeding is only a temporary relief for them. I will settle for their temporary relief. It is something, right? And for those reasons, i will wait for winter, buy the seeds and stuff and then enter the forest and express my apologies. So I will take a rain check on this one.

Sauna time. Also, face is hidden somewhere, need to use a razor blade.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Nope, it's not your size.

Would a tablecloth work?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic bird stories Fin. I think it is a wonderful idea to feed the birds in the winter. A child bird would be called a juvenile.

I bet if you looked up youtube vids you could find some great bird feeding ideas. I like the craft ones where you can make a wreath out of millet sprays. There are many wonderful ideas out there.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Thanks buddy.
Didn't really clue-in about your mentioning of the birds in your post to me, but have seen your explanation now.
So sorry that this happened, and can feel that sorrow. Hope it was cleansing in some way for you.

Perhaps you have unknowingly done things, made decisions: that has also impacted in a positive way, and maybe even saved numerous creatures ?
Have you ever thought of that ?

You are not responsible for the bird getting-in there, nor for the instinctive predatory behavior of the cats.
These kind of scenarios play themselves out in nature, constantly.
Even the mightiest trees, gets their nutrition from the decomposing vegetation and lifeforms in the soil around it's roots.
The old lion dies on the savanna, decomposes, nourishes the grasses that the antelope eat. Then the lions offspring kill and eat the antelope.

The circle of life is everywhere ! And we have zero control over it.

However: there are conservation groups, and such, seeking to mitigate the damage we do to wildlife habitats.
Here in the city: there are groups of folks whom comb the downtown area early in the mornings. They gather fallen birds whom have collided with high-rises and skyscrapers, as birds sometimes get confused. ( Like me !
)
They don't all survive, but some do, and are able to get through that period of being stunned, and recuperate, and be released again.

Also many wildlife sanctuaries are looking for volunteers to help care for rescued animals.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Night

Sorry for not making my posts all fluffy and fairy-like. I was thinking about making a thread, there is a "pets and animals" forum somewhere here, or something like that. But that way i would have been ridiculed and i don't need that now. People would have said "Grow a thicker skin" "Grow a pair" And my sanity would have been put under scrutiny. I already know that i am insane and fragile, so i did not need that, i needed support. Therefore i posted to the Shed and got my support, and feel a bit better now.

A child bird is a juvenile? Okay... I knew that word, but i thought it was only about a person who acts younger than people normally at that age, or a person who is a kid. Always happy to expand my vocabulary.

Sincere thanks
F

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Perhaps you have unknowingly done things, made decisions: that has also impacted in a positive way, and maybe even saved numerous creatures ?
Have you ever thought of that ?

Thanks Nothin! (Not "thanks for nothing" but Thanks Nothin! significant difference there)

Umm... i can't remember thinking that way ever.

And yes, the cat followed her DNA and instincts. I followed my DNA and instincts. And the cat was way faster.

Sincere thanks
F

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Wis if you're out there, please stop in and let us know you're ok.
And my other lovely friends too.

I second that

I understand if you (WIS) are not in the mood for posting and that is totally fine. I know the feeling. But i am starting to get a bit uncomfortable here, and worried. I care about you, and others here at the Shed care about you too...

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I once shared a story in here about something that happened years ago.
I was out in the yard and saw a bird hanging around that couldn't fly well. I tried to catch it because there were a lot of cats in our area I was going to put him on my porch on the second floor to give him a chance until he could fly better. Well...

The little bird hopped behind the garbage bins and when I moved the bin out of the way...
There was a CAT! Poor bird never stood a chance. I felt guilty for years. Still do when I think about it. Still, I tried and have saved many birds and animals throughout the years so there's that.

Hello Nothin! Great reply to Fin!

We are all such Sheddites, all filled with love and compassion. I love that about us.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My apologies for giving unsolicited advice again. Sorry bud !

Am mostly just trying to share what worked for me, as it's my story, and who knows who else it may help.
A big part of me getting over my mental illness, was alternative thinking.
Part of it is reaching an older age, and just not giving any f's anymore.
So am no longer mentally ill: but merely eccentric ! LoL !

A few other ideas as well, if anyone is interested ?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

We are all such Sheddites, all filled with love and compassion. I love that about us.

Exactly. I have never, ever seen a place like this online before. And i am online a LOT, because i don't watch TV at all.
edit on 16-7-2020 by Finspiracy because: Added a word

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My apologies for giving unsolicited advice again. Sorry bud !

Absolutely no need for apologies. You mentioned alternative thinking. I will never be able to change my thought patterns if i only hear and read things i already know, or agree with

edit on 16-7-2020 by Finspiracy because: I think an invisible pixie came here and added a totally unneeded "is" there so i removed it.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wikipedia says: "Bardcore (from the Celtic word “bard” meaning ‘poet’ or ‘storyteller’) or tavernwave is a 2020 internet phenomenon consisting of medievalised remakes of hit pop songs."

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

So am no longer mentally ill: but merely eccentric ! LoL !

Ha! Love it!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join