It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is some really beautiful music, but what i really want to show is how beautiful and breathtaking nature and landscapes are in my fine neighbors to the north. Norway.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Thread capture machine 8000 is here (me... fin)

There have been food talks recently here. Okay i will participate.

Today's breakfast: wholegrain rye bread with cucumber, iceberg lettuce, creamy cheese and a little bit of "taco seasoning powder" mix of different spices. Drink: (oh, had to google the word but there is no direct translation. But i would say "sour milk" which is also suggested by the translation site. But it is (from them): "type of cultured milk typical for Nordic countries"

I think that most of you would dislike it. Hard to describe... But think about an unflavored yogurt texture and feeling... but it is sour. And cold. But i think that my sandwiches would have found someone interested in eating one or two. Or more.

As a warm food today: I will boil rice i will spice the rice (see? i rhymed!) with curry powder, and a pinch of salt.. With that:

1 chopped yellow bell pepper
1 chopped red bell pepper
Fresh garlic in the way the person knows to like it. If garlic is a no-no, then forget this part

oil for the frying pan

As hard chili sauce as you can handle. And one notch above that. I bought some really hardcore sauce today

Boil the rice. While the rice is boiling, heat up a frying pan and add some oil. I will use canola oil. Add the garlic or no garlic. Mine will be one whole normal-sized garlic, separated and peeled and that is it. I would love to give a proper word but lost here also... we say "A nail of a garlic" but... you most likely get it. (Yeah, google did not help...)

Okay your rice is now done. Spice it up with curry and salt. Your garlic has been frying in the pan and released it's pleasant flavors into the oil. Mix your rice and garlic oil. Then the really strong chili sauce. And finally, add the chopped bell peppers and give it like a minute or two, and then the whole thing goes onto a cool surface. The reason why chopped bell peppers go absolutely last, is that in my humble opinion, a meal like this requires some texture.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Fin! Enjoyed all your posts today and as always...Love the music!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good Day My Loves!
Any special plans for the weekend or just taking it easy and relaxing?

Too darned hot and humid to do much. I would love to be sitting on my porch sipping my coffee, but too hot for this girl.

My Chimney swift birds have returned and had babies. They must be getting bigger because they are getting louder. Always makes me smile. Anyone else have birds in their chimney? I had told the landlord once but he must have forgot. I don't know how safe it is having nests in there. I'll have to remind him, but don't want anything done while they are in there.
He and his wife had the house painted and did some landscaping. Greenery and flowers around the house. Got new mailboxes too. Last year they put up security cameras. It's a safe neighborhood, but now it's even safer I guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

If you enjoy seeing hummingbirds,
here is a place to see many at a time sitting, flying and feeding at feeders set up in front of a live camera feed in Studio City California.
Keep in mind this is in California so although the camera is on 24 hrs a day,
the birds are most active in daylight.
It is fascinating to be able to see this creatures in flight and at rest.
I hope you find this as peaceful and interesting as I do.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Anyone else have birds in their chimney?

This is as close as i can get: When i resigned from the army reserves a couple of years ago, i was sent to civil service training center for 5 days. During the opening info, they told us that there are bats in the chimneys. Yeah a bat is not a bird... And when they have bat babies (there must be a better word but i am lazy now) they make noise that sounds like a human baby crying... but now it is not that season. I was thankful for that...

I did a stupid thing there by the way. First night. I put everything into a locker and shut it and then it was locked. I went to bed, tired after traveling whole day and being a bit nervous. Then i realized yeah... everything, everything is in the locker, like the jeans that have the locker key in the pocket... There i was, nothing but boxer shorts on, looking like this
I had to bother my roommate "Sorry dude, but could you go and tell to downstairs info desk that i locked everything up?" He said "sure." And early next morning some kind of a janitor showed up with a power tool and broke the lock. I was able to make it to all lectures and stuff. I wish i could go again. But i don't envy "The Legion"... the ones who chose civil service over army, then went to basic training, but got no further place to work like a hospital or a nursing home, and stayed at the training center. A 13 month case... I would have lost my... wait i kinda have lost my mind already but yeah.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Thank you Tom! Love, love, love hummingbirds!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is a discount on a black leather tobacco pouch. Downtown. Normally 15 euros now ten... Kinda tempts me. We got the warning pics on packs and pouches some years ago and they trigger me, they ruin my mood, they cause nausea. Of course for just a moment but still. I have been thinking about buying a tobacco pouch for at least a year now. Tried to look around yesterday at the supermarket, for any leather pouches. Found none...

Also, weather forecast says there is going to be severe rain. So the streets would be relatively empty, which is always a bonus for a person like me.

Well, i have time to think. 5:30 AM now, and the store will open at 10.

Edited to add: yep, it is going to be super rainy until the evening. Temperature will not rise above 15c or 59f at any point of this day. My kind of summer! This rocks! All summer days like this, eat away from the days that could potentially be scorching heat which is trying to destroy me.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Finspiracy because: Current weather in Finland officially approved by Fin.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Bahahaha! Fin standing in just his boxer shorts with his clothes and the key to the locker locked in the locker. Ahahaha!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If it's something you really want, get it.
Being leather it will last forever. They sell stuff that protects it from the weather and keeps it in nice condition.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Presidentti coffee was born out of curiosity for new flavours – its Paulig's original coffee blend No 26. Presidentti coffee has been creating coffee experiences and perfect celebrations since 1929. Presidentti coffee, made from 100% Arabica coffee beans, features an array of notes and nuances.

Want some? Pixie delivery? I think this is great coffee, one of my all time favorites.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't play a lot of new games lately but I do like messing around on ES games sometimes, or GTA 5 lol

Me? Just chilling I guess lol Left my old job of 4 years after management treated us badly, so right now I have a pretty easy job and I'm fairly content. Been working on marketing my books online. I'm doing well now I guess.

Hope you're doing okay.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yes please! I'll leave a window open for her and wait for the delivery.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Hiya Sir Gregory! We just spoke on the phone, so I already know about the new job and stuff. LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I used to play GTA from 1, 2, 3, but not 4 or 5. It just is not for me anymore. During teen years and early adulthood i liked first-person shooters. All the classics like wolfenstein3d, doom, quake, yep been there. But those are not for me anymore either. And FPS style games require keyboard + mouse combo, it is just not right with a console controller. Also my laptop is quite old, but i have been playing a little bit of Civilization 5. Now i just picked up The Dark Mod (video below), which is a Thief clone, a classic series. I have only been learning basic controls and tutorial missions and so on.

Nice to read that you are doing OK! I guess that social media is a big factor if you are marketing something online... I hope success to you.

Yeah, i am ok too
Been radically cutting back beer drinking. Trying to get out of a really, really dark place.

But about the game:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Last year they put up security cameras

Agreed, someone needs to keep an eye on you.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Okay i have my black leather tobacco pouch now. Enough with the warning pictures. Everyone, and i mean: everyone! anywhere near a civilization already know that tobacco is bad for your health and also a nasty habit. Then what? I smoke anyway. I do not wish my mind to get upset every time i roll a nicotine fix.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yup. Right now I'm literally chilling in my well air-conditioned apartment lol

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've played a lot of Crusader King 2 in recent years, a grand strategy game somewhat similar to Civilization I think. The Dark Mod looks cool. It does remind me of Thief but also ES too, stylistically.

Yup. Lots of social media stuff. At least now I have more time, just working an hour or two in the morning and evening each day.

Glad you are doing well. I've had to crawl my way out of dark places in my life too. It reminds me of a Winston Churchill quote: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't think tobacco is as bad for human health as the media would have everyone believe. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence of the benefits of tobacco, such as relief from pain and asthma, prevention of alzheimer's, and enhanced digestion and cognition. I am inclined to think that certain processes, additives, and modes of consumption combine to make tobacco more or less healthy, but I do assent that moderation plays a vital role in health impacts.

Not to toot my own horn, but I enjoy smoking tobacco every now and then from a common corncob pipe. Having been a cigarette smoker for twenty years, I can report my perception of a remarkable difference in the addictiveness between these methods of delivery. Which is to say, I do not smoke my pipe compulsively -- it is not a daily habit, and I don't "feel a jones" for my pipe. However, as a ciggie smoker, I rarely went more than an hour or two without a smoke.
edit on 7/11/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join