It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 25

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh... No... I am hurting and i am asking anyone of you to give me comfort, or opinions, or words of wisdom.

Worried worried worried, and also, worried. This time i am fine but this is not about me.

About children and teens. Actually, more worried about teens than children. My best friend has a 6 year old daughter. How i see it, she seems to think that these kind of coronas come and go. Nothing to see here. But teens? I mean like 14 or 15 or 16 year olds? They have learned stuff from school. Online also. Before i tell you my experiences from last two days (yes, 48 hours) I want to ask you this: You and i are adults. If teens and kids are gone, what do we have? I will tell you what we have! Nothing! due to having no future for our homo sapiens civilization.

And okay... two examples are coming. But before that, i mean... the corona thing. School bells were pre programmed way before corona and they still rang. I do not ever watch TV at home but i see TV at the homes of some of my friends. Get this: school bells are ringing. But children are not there. Teacher is not there. Principal is not there. If that is not sad, please tell me what is? Or... on the second thought, do not do that. I used to be enthusiastic fan of dystopian sci-fi movies. You know, like description of future, hollywood stuff, bad future. Now you all have my word. I will never watch those movies again. This year 2020 has been a real-life dystopia movie and there is not even a pause button. I am literally starting to break down from between my ears.

Okay, from yesterday: I wanted 4 small cans of beer and fresh white bread. Outside the shop, a young gypsy girl approached me. Her voice was shaking and she was... I actually thought within my mind that she is scared due to me, then i thought: why in the name of heck?!?!?! Her thin voice said: "I am sorry, but could you buy me a pack of cigarettes, i will give you money." I replied "Sorry, young lady, but i refuse. I have smoked 20 or 30 cigarettes every single day for over two decades. My lungs are a mess. And for that reason, it is an absolute no"

Today's example: I walked away from my friend's place. Because i wanted breakfast. And underneath this bridge, there was this teen boy. Could not have been more than 16 years old. He was holding a twisted bicycle wheel in his hands. Grabbing cans from the ground. The barcodes seemed smashed to me (you are unable to get 15 cents refund money if your can is smashed) Look at that scenery then! I could be that person! It hurt and it still hurts. He approached me, asking for 50 cents, in order to buy noodles. I picked the coin from my pocket as he continued "i was going to ask for one euro but that would be too arrogant" Look everyone, Look gordi, look night, look wis, look: I know how these people roll. He was seemingly hungry. Was not going to buy beer. I took my 50 cnt coin back and i gave him a 2 euro coin instead of it.

I mean come on? I think that we can all agree that we are adults, if the SHTF, bring it upon us. Leave the young humans out of this! Shed people.... This is not cool AT ALL!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

YUM!

Looks like you have a green thumb and the kids are doing well too.

Lol, not so much me being a green thumb as Miracle Grow's got Miracle in the name for a reason
I'm a brown thumb, trying to do it my dad's way (as natural as possible) doesn't work for me. HE can reap a huge bounty out of his garden that way, but me? I just end up killing everything.

So we decided to use Miracle Grow's soil this year, and it has not disappointed

How are the pets?

Doing very well, though I'm getting VERY sick of Leo waking me up at 5am every damn morning hubs is at work because everyone else is asleep and the furball is lonely. Go play with your brother, dammit!

We're down one more Tetra, Kitty (the elder catfish) was caught red-handed (red-finned?) chasing one all over the tank and then ramming them into the side of the tank several times. That fish went toes up pretty fast, I think she burst their swim bladder at minimum and probably burst another organ or two, he was pretty, um, "lumpy".

We'd be worried if it wasn't so out of character for her, they're not territorial fish, they're definitely not remotely aggressive with other species, but they WILL defend themselves/other fish if they're pushed enough.

What we all agree probably happened is that Tetra either tried to pick on one of the smaller fish (the Loaches, or Casper) and paid for it (the Loaches especially have no real way to defend themselves) OR, since Tetras are notorious fin-nippers, it probably tried nipping a smaller fish's fins one time too many. We're leaning toward bullying because Casper was a target for that for a while after we got him, and Kitty would come rushing in like, "I DON'T THINK SO, BUTTHEAD!"

Looking at the forecast for the end of the week/weekend, I think I'm going to melt to death < cries > Low to mid 90's across the board from Thursday through at LEAST Monday, and they're calling it a heatwave...At least they're forecasting a dry heat? It still SUCKS, me and the heat do not get along at all. It was pretty humid yesterday, so it felt much hotter than it was, we spent most of the day either in the basement (holding 70* really well for now) or in the bedroom with the A/C upstairs. The cats seem to prefer the basement by a wide margin (cooler, & more room to run around like lunatics comfortably) so if need be it, the kids can go set up down there again and take the cats with them. So long as the furballs are supervised (still curious and too nosy for their own damn good) then I don't see any issue there.

Oh speaking of the furballs and heat, Leo's figured out how to get the freezer door open (it's a bottom freezer on the fridge) Nothing like walking in on him all splayed out in front of it to cool off, lol. He's not a fan of being hot at all, whereas Meeko doesn't have any damns to give (gotta watch him, he can overdo it and end up panting pretty hard quickly)

Bert's happy, so long as you leave him & his frozen water bottle alone, haha. He doesn't mind the heat, but he likes his bottled iceberg more.

The bird just doesn't care, he's perfectly happy while the rest of us are walking puddles of sweat. If it gets too hot all around, I just have to decide whether to put them all in the A/C, or in the basement.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Here in my city we have a place where the homeless can get food and clothing, shelter, even wash their clothes and get haircuts and counseling. Homelessness is a growing concern all over the U.S. and each city should do their part to help. There are those who have fallen on tough times, some with addictions and mental issues. It is always sad, no matter what. There are also very generous people who donate to food banks or donate clothing and whatever who try to help.

I used to get overwhelmed by it all, but I realize there is only so much I as one person can do. You do what you can and can't expect to do any more than that. Every little kind deed is appreciated and makes a difference.

We also have dollar and discounts stores so if you give money to a homeless person, they can easily get food and many other things.

In the winter there are places in grocery stores where you can donate food for the poor. There are drives for coats, socks, scarfs. Before Christmas, there always toy drives where people donate new items to children.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

LOL! You always have such a way with words and make me laugh. I love hearing about your life, your family and pets!
Yes, Summer has arrived and along with it comes the heat and dreadful humidity which I cannot tolerate. I thank God I have AC at home or I would die. GAH!

Think I'll hang out with the mermaids and fish today.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Think I'll hang out with the mermaids and fish today.

About those mermaids...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LONECLOUDHOPPER!

Ups I missed a birthday. Was there cake?

Best to you Cloud and many more.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Very intriguing aquarium observations, fascinating. I don't know much about "fish" other than they don't survive above water, that different types have different preferences and how to prepare them before and whilst cooking them for human consumption.
I must look into this.

Leo's figured out how to get the freezer door open
Perhaps you should enroll him in a class for "Savant Kitties"

The bird just doesn't care,
When did you get birds? What did I miss? Who? What

All you need now is a canine and a marsupial. Go for a Wombat they are so cute.
The heat here is ....I feel like I am in a steam bath outside. My A/C is "antiquated"

Bert's happy, so long as you leave him & his frozen water bottle alone,
What? Please explain I am so curious. He wants a frozen water bottle?
Your endeavors never seize to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank you Night Honey. I knew i could count on you. This all boiled over but i feel better now, i have slept and i also ate.

I want to lift one up. Just one, would be enough. I do not care if the person is 15 years old or 50. If the person is at the bottom, i want to lift up that person. I have been lifted years ago. I know that darkness. When you feel like the world is against you. The society is against you. The total lack of influence towards own life and how events turn out to be...

Heck... Finland the happiest nation on earth. Yeah F right. They don't see us. They don't hear us. From their ivory towers, blinded by well being.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Haha! Thanks for the mermaid song Captain Skiddy!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Evening Wis!

Mark will be waiting for a call this week from a Doctor who will speak with him about his upcoming surgery for carotid arteries.

Asking for prayers and positive vibes from everyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You have a beautiful soul just bursting forth with love and kindness.

Thank for the tune!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Prayers and good vibes for Mark.

I think most of us could us the same.

PM for Night too.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Mark will be waiting for a call this week from a Doctor who will speak with him about his upcoming surgery for carotid arteries.

Asking for prayers and positive vibes from everyone.

Hope the wait is worse than the Dr's prognosis !

Thoughts and prayers sent ... 👍

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hope you all do not mind me sharing. Made this wee vid to express some stress, sort of how I see it type of thing from a personal perspective in the UK/Scotland...

"We are asleep, Our life is a dream. But we wake up sometimes, just enough to know that we are dreaming.

- Ludwig Wittgenstein

edit on 1-7-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thank you Blue!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you mate!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

It's okay to express your feelings, though the video was very depressing. It's a scary world out there, but there are still good people and lots of love left.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good Morning Loves! May your day be filled with hope and possibilities.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks Wis!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
No problem at all. I thought it was funny.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join