It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What news can you divulge to the members about what is happening to the site it has gone quiet from FCD etc on this matter do you have a timeline ?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Im sure SO will fill us in when he has some definite info

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here's the latest discord link for those who want to join us in chat.

discord.gg...

We've got 75 ATS members who have joined already. Come check it out and make sure to tell me who you are when you join.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not S.O. and I am not the "group"...but have you seen this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I'm not S.O. and I am not the "group"...but have you seen this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you DTOM

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: howmuchisthedoggy

Excellent post. I am a member since 2007. I just log in once every 2-3 years now to see if something has changed - and unfortunately it hasn't. I left when trolls started to take over and people started posting links instead of actually researching any topic. During the second Iraq war politics took over, which is not bad - but it made ATS accessible to a lot of people who never really understood what ATS was about.

However, the world changed as well. We have facebook, twitter, reddit etc which is like information-fastfood. We got used to reading headlines instead of articles, or move on to the comment section to understand quicker whats wrong - or right - with given article. Fast food.

I remember exchanging emails with members back in the days, real emails. Pages long, even creating meetups to investigate certain things. We had a brotherhood of respect and unity, all striving for truth no matter your political alignment. Gosh those were good times.

But they're over - just like howmuchisthedoggy said, Folks, forums are dead. ATS was a mighty beast in her time. Time to move on. Time to evolve.

ATS is dead.

But the memory will live forever. ATS played its important role for over two decades, no need to keep it on life support anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was told yesterday and logged on today for the first time in years, joined in 2010 i think.

When i had the conversation it did make me say no way, in genuine surprise but not being an active member for however long has limited my awareness to a brief period of time where i felt members were engaged and threads took your attention and made you think.
Very positive memories, yet i have not been an active member??

I didn't consciously make a decision to ghost ATS and it definitely would never have been a decision to leave because of so much politics infecting the site......although reading the comments on here i can't help but wonder why it's an issue and why bring it into threads anyway?.....
If there is 1 thing i have learnt from my own "waking" and from threads on this very site is, Do i really think it matters who sits in the oval office or who takes Prime minsters questions on a Wednesday?
Do i think Politics / Politicians change anything?........ show business for ugly people.

(i've just infected post with politics...)

The fact is No matter how engaged ..... the quality of member content ..... how quick, smart and whitty i found some phage's posts ...............life gets in the way and drains time enough to make prioritising a thing.

I'm glad i found ATS, it has been a part of my learning curve and i hope others will get to experience that on here too in the future because you'll never look at life the same again.

I hope that money doesn't talk and all our bull# has to walk .... but if it does i wish you all a meander down easy street.

ATS has made me hope that the truth will out

Good luck & thank you

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe.......how you tried to deliver these ads to people played a roll in their decision not to whitelist ATS. I have been coming to ATS since the early 2000s in one form or another and it got to a point where the ads were more annoying than the entertainment I got from visiting. So I started looking elsewhere and in no time at all I went from checking in daily to literally coming a few times a year. It would not be stretch to say that I went3 or 4 years without coming here at all. Not to mention that the ATS I started with... doesn't "feel" the same as the ATS I visit now.
To put it in an overly simplified manner, it used to be about strange things... and now its about either Orangeman is good or bad.
All products have a shelf life and it may well be that the expiration date is approaching, if you can sell it, the wise thing to do might be to let it go while you still have buyers.... and then let them run it into the ground like so many others have done before.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well this is depressing. ATS is one of the few websites with actual back and forth discussion. Other than MSM weblinks, its the only place I come to check out any kind of meaningful discussion. With that being said, I think one of the REALLY big issues with ATS is the rise in political discourse, but more than that was ATS's inability to keep up. Everything has shifted to an app. The appetite to log onto a website, deal with blatant ads, and scroll around with that is down so much from when ATS first came around. The general populous is infatuated with a convenient interface that's easy to look at with a couple clicks. ATS really doesn't have that. I know I for one would have been on ATS way more if there was an app.

Well after having an account for about 15 years, and being a lurker way before that, ATS has a special place in my heart. I've made some good friends here. Here's to hoping the collective can put something together. If not, cheers buddies.

Sorry, meant to add that I'm on deployment right now in the middle of the ocean. Didn't mean to insinuate that MSM links were a good way to find info...just the only things that arent blocked. Thanks ATS for keeping me sane out here in the middle of the ocean.
edit on 28-7-2020 by truttseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Been a little while...

Here's a link to our ATS Discord chat:

discord.gg...

Come on by and chat with fellow members. Let me know your username when you get there.
edit on Jul 28th 2020 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Member since 2006?If ATS has to resort to member donations to exist,this is the ultimate red flag upon universal Free speech

Welcome to the era of the digital corporate dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Has there been any collective decision as to where members should migrate pending the closure of ATS?

If there is an alternative site where people are heading I'd appreciate a link.

CT

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That is literally a frightening thing to read.

Implications are that Reddit is a gatekeeping site,
and also a honey pot and more.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Reddit isn't gaining traction,it's going to take multiple sites to get the variety and depth we get here at ATS. The other night ATS wouldn't load LOL and I got a little sad till it finally reloaded.

I do like the Straight Dope message board but beware it's liberal as a Portland hippie

url=http://rogue-nation3.com/index.php]http://rogue-nation3.com/index.php[/url]

Has a some members

the Discord site has quite a few ATSers

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Has there been any collective decision as to where members should migrate pending the closure of ATS?

CT

Check your PM’s.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The subreddits are just people complaining about others picking on them and why they got banned mostly.

The Discord is cool and all, but last time I checked it was just one long chat conversation. There are like three or four separate rooms and no one was using them to have conversations about different topics.

I'm registered on Rogue-Nation3, but many of the topic threads are the same as here. I do like that site though because they have contests and games, and people are generally more personable there despite their differences.
Also, there's hardly any removed posts. You can damn near say whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Dont have the answers but thank you for trying.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

CT

Check your PM’s.

ping :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I'm registered on Rogue-Nation3, but many of the topic threads are the same as here. I do like that site though because they have contests and games, and people are generally more personable there despite their differences.
Also, there's hardly any removed posts. You can damn near say whatever you want.

It's a good location for us to not lose touch with one another. The posting format is no where near as easy to use as ATS (some things I still miss) but ... hey ... it's a different site and you'll be up to speed after a week's worth of effort.

posted on Sep, 28 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The website will continue to run. In the event we begin seriously fading away, there will be a fair warning.

A 100+ days later and it’s still running; I assume a fair warning is on the order of a hundred days or less, so taking the cautiously optimistic route, I feel better and better about ATS not seriously fading away😁

After the election ATS will be in business — this will have been a hiccup👍

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71 >>

join