It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Literally nobody cares.

Nobody is going to sleep at night thinking about what Ahabstar had to say or how profound it was, there isn't some dude sitting on a news desk at MSNBC or BBC keeping track of what the enlightened political savants of ATS are thinking.

I post not to troll or be disruptive as you put it but to challenge and engage in debate, just so happens that my views tend to be the opposite of the rest of the membership. Thats not trolling by any definition. I don't post because I think anyone cares what I have to say I post because I like the challenge and I like doing my research and putting it together in a post, in a sense I use it for my own learning. I can do that anywhere though.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You find you have a need to be here. My opinion is that it is a desire to be purposefully disruptive to the community. Which would be grounds for ROCM removal for trolling.

FINALLY...thank you, coming from a MOD it has so much more gravitas, AMEN.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 6/20/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The post you quoted, the guy came from another site saying since this site will close people should go to his. Thats all. He never said anything about collaborations of any sort

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Also feeling this:

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
even this phase is historic and it should be remembered who was helpful and who was disruptive to those around them.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I would pay but don't come here enough. I find the same dribble on a lot of posts. Maybe a paid subscription would keep out the trolls.
Also would like to see money put to use. Maybe have actual investigative boots on the ground for certain subjects or forums. Would be decided by vote and a collaborative group. Kind of like the Netflix show "don't f**k with cats. Almost like a crowdsource investigative group.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The world about to be silenced ???

goodereader.com...

Hope their is a Chance to somehow save ATS.

link   
It's been a good innings, but maybe it is time to switch off the servers and turn the lights out? A website such as this was never going to last, and the way our human world has changed (its ambience, so to speak), and to what it is changing to, also plays a part in its demise, but those are external factors, ATS has also changed internally, and lost much of its purpose a long time ago.

It was especially good for the first 8 years or so, when you could sense a 'commonality' of ideas and expressions by all the posters, now it has become nothing more than a site to express paranoia umbrage and social and political division. In terms of purpose, ATS has become pretty much irrelevant to its beginnings. To survive, ATS has to change, but diluted of much of its original reasons for coming into being, that is where I lose interest, it is where I lost interest.

I still come to the site because I remain a member, and because I have conversed with many interesting and intelligent posters, and also, because ATS has been a platform where I have been able to put forth many of my own ideas. Now, the site does not carry the weight of 'authenticity' it once did, it has simply become a caricature of itself.

Like I stated earlier, it has been a good innings.

link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

I’d pay 1 or 2 hundred a year , I’m not rich but this is home . I know correct the record was here , it was obvious to me and anyone else , thanks for the info so . I know she’s the child of satan but I never thought she’d be able to cripple my favorite website of all time , probably a lot of our favorites. I for one am super pissed at this news. You know they’re paying antifa too . AntiFirstAmendment . I’m sick of their treasonous acts . Really really really sick

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I disagree completely. Then don’t come here . We can’t have this place because you don’t want us to ? That’s a terrible way to think about things . Why don’t you just not come here and go to where it’s cool for you ?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

That's strange, as I see this:

edit on 20/6/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Disregard.

edit on 6/20/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Are you talking about this post?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: IMSAM

Yeah but we only have about 3,500 who have over 1000 posts.

Off them not all of us would be willing to pay, let alone $10 per month

You're missing something important here: there have been multiple posts by multiple members saying they mostly lurk but they do so daily and would be happy to pay $10 or so per month.

It's not just the posters who would contribute - it's the readers too.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes.

I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Thank you.

**will edit the other post**

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

My apologies, it was a different post above it.

I was wrong. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
TBH, I think your lack of usage of SSL (particularly on a "fringe" site like this) is a problem for a LOT of people, myself included. Hopefully y'all will figure out how to use HTTPS over plain HTTP. Might see more usage at that point.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Woah, are they tailoring the censorship on an individual level now? Something a bit like a shadow ban. Am I in Google jail? I don't want to derail the thread with this but in context with SO's Google graphic that seems very relevant.

ETA: just tried it again and now I am getting the same results as you. Either Google has become incredibly slow indexing sites it doesn't like or they have an active damage control algorithm that searches for posts like mine.
edit on 20-6-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thenail:

I disagree completely. Then don’t come here. We can’t have this place because you don’t want us to ? That’s a terrible way to think about things. Why don’t you just not come here and go to where it’s cool for you?

LOL! I bet you feel you're defending something? I'll keep coming here while it is here, and so you know what you can do with your umbrage.

The site owners have thicker skin, and will understand exactly where I am coming from. You've only been on the site for five years (but no doubt will claim you have been lurking since the beginning, as many do). I didn't lurk, I joined as soon as I saw the website, because it was the very fellow for me back then...today, not much so. I would not pay a subscription for the way the site is today, but if it returned to anything like it was in the earlier days, then I would consider it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

So many of us who are probably like that.

I get the feeling reading in between the lines that the owners kind of just want it to shut down and be done with it. I could be wrong but thats how I am reading some of this.

I feel pretty much the exact same way about this site as you do, while its here, sure I will visit, probably keep posting but am not going to miss it when it's gone. For some reason I think that some members will find that more offensive than the owners.

new topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join