It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I know you wouldn't pay.

That is part of the business model.

It would weed out the people that are a net loss as far as content goes for the site.

HAHA! Clever cancel culture! But, what if the Clintons and Soros buy up memberships and pay lefties to interupt your echo chamber? Would you put it past them?

OP/SO

So sorry to hear this. I guess I'll finally just have to learn how to navigate reddit.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord .... I would pay a subscription

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com... ...then there's that...

Nine years I have come here. Nearly every day...

edit on 17-6-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall

It is believed that The End was the last song of his that Jim Morrison heard that night.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A fitting tune.

link   
Thank you for the hard work on ATS!

This has been may favorite website for over a decade.

link   
What about Elon musk ?

And question: will created pages still be available in net searches after closure ?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Sorry bill I know you’re a busy man but out of curiosity what do you envision ATS “fading away” would look like?

Darkness.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Do you mean it could just simply be a case that in a few months the site just no longer exists?

I click on the site and it’s just gone?

Would it be fair to assume that before that happens there would be some kind of announcement?
edit on 17-6-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
All we want to hear is..... www.youtube.com...

link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Sorry bill I know you’re a busy man but out of curiosity what do you envision ATS “fading away” would look like?

Darkness.
... Is not very transparent

link   
I haven't even been able to make it to an ATS meet up yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This thread is part of that announcement ahead of those final days.

link   
After having a horrible experience on another forum it made me realize the top quality of this forum.

But as the OP said. There few resources and little time for much of anything to do at this point.

And as you said you need a responsible money guy. I hope and wish you guys luck in getting one.

There out there it's just a matter of connecting with one.

Thank for the honesty
keep hoping and looking

link   
ATS has so much collected wisdom , informational threads on every subject imaginable, art, poetry, stories, etc. What a giant shame it would be to lose. I would hope it's pages could be archived in some permanent fashion. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. whatever comes it would be nice to have as much membership involvement as possible. I think many here feel a deep investment and would do what they could to see it continue.

link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That is a great point. As people, non conspiracy theorists, become more and more censored they will look for new platforms. There are lots of people out there who now don't agree with the mainstream and they are losing their voice fast. A site marketed as promoting free speech, within fair limits, would be interesting. I have found ATS comforting over the years as I feel in like minded company even if I disagree. Was gone for quite a few years being so busy and came back again for comfort during this crazy virus gong show because I was scared to speak out in real life and knew I could find an actual discussion allowed here. It doesn't matter if people disagree and they presence of other thinkers is something I treasure.

And to Skeptic Overlord, if it does fold... thank you from the bottom of my heart for this community that you put together and kept together over all these years.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I do not know what it costs to keep this site running per month/year , care to give a round figure if that is not being too impolite , a rough estimate SO

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I always find myself singing this song when I am sad, like the first few weeks of this virus crapola.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
As others have asked, what are the operating costs annually?

Right now, no one is getting any profit payments, so it's cheap.

But to revive it as a business would require a sustained revenue model to fund infrastructure and code base improvements -- even before we look to alternative revenue methods. In order to afford the necessary expenditures, which would be months-long, we'd need a minimum of $25,000/month. That's not suddenly happening with donations or subscriptions.

And... these are "friends and family" prices from talented developers I've come to know well.

For those in the know... consider the cloud datastore costs for this: our entire content database instance is over 50GB, with an average of 56 queries a second... with more than 3TB of supporting (images) files. What would that cost on AWS?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Many diamonds in the rough here. Visit all the time for years. I’d pay a subscription to continue.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

WOW...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join