It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Wookiep

Do you really blame them though?

Yes I do. Any other questions?
edit on 19-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Then, through 2015 we'd receive daily notices that URLs (entire threads really) were being delisted from the ad platform. For a time, just about all of them were threads critical of Hillary Clinton.
That's intriguing. An indication that a disproportionate number of posts may have been originating from "questionable" sources? I seem to recall a lot of new accounts popping into existence and being banned quite rapidly around then. But that just might have been my impression.

I don't think "ATS is targeted," but I do think the majority of the topics discussed here are indeed targeted.
Topics, or the content of some of the posts within? I suppose it might not be possible to differentiate.

edit on 6/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
But is SO et all even paying attention?

As much as I can. It's hard.

I've not received any type of income from ATS all of this year, and for the three years prior, any income has been significantly reduced and spotty as revenue kept dropping. I had no choice but to find alternatives. It was extremely difficult.

However, I still monitor the server/backups/logs on a nearly daily basis. I just don't have the time to participate. In face, I really don't have the time to do this!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Topics, or the content of the posts within?

Both.

In short, we're toxic.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Got to keep advertisers happy.

edit on 6/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I can say with 100% certainty, there won't be another.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

But is SO et all even paying attention?

As much as I can. It's hard.

I've not received any type of income from ATS all of this year, and for the three years prior, any income has been significantly reduced and spotty as revenue kept dropping. I had no choice but to find alternatives. It was extremely difficult.

However, I still monitor the server/backups/logs on a nearly daily basis. I just don't have the time to participate. In face, I really don't have the time to do this!

Fine. Then at least admit you want a buyer and NO other solutions like gofundme, paid subs because you DONT care. Plenty has been offered and met with negative nonsense. If you want to be truly transparent then do THAT part first. Thank you.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You didn't really read the OP. Did you?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You didn't really read the OP. Did you?

Yep. You didn't really read my posts have you? Don't really care to go in circles with you tonight.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Fine. Then at least admit you want a buyer and NO other solutions like gofundme, paid subs because you DONT care. Plenty has been offered and met with negative nonsense. If you want to be truly transparent then do THAT part first.

Why wasn't my opening post clear in that regard?

I can imagine the long list of ideas our members will suggest. I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm. It's why I did this. However, they would all require time and resources that we don't have.

The best hope for this project's longevity in free expression is for someone with resources to pick up the torch and carry it where we currently cannot. A new torchbearer would be critically important in these times where "free expression" is under attack.

Did you read that part? Did you comprehend?

And please, don't be sassy-assed about commitment to the person who poured blood, sweat, tears, anxiety, passion, and all-he-had into this site for more than 12 years. It's an attitude like yours that would make it easy not to care.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Circles? I replied to one of your posts.

But I'll leave you with this:

There are only two options:
1) Find a suitable buyer with the resources to invest in growth.
2) Slowly fade away until revenue can't support hosting.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Everything has a sunset.

With all due respect and kindest regards. . .

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Fine. Then at least admit you want a buyer and NO other solutions like gofundme, paid subs because you DONT care. Plenty has been offered and met with negative nonsense. If you want to be truly transparent then do THAT part first.

Why wasn't my opening post clear in that regard?

I can imagine the long list of ideas our members will suggest. I appreciate your passion and enthusiasm. It's why I did this. However, they would all require time and resources that we don't have.

The best hope for this project's longevity in free expression is for someone with resources to pick up the torch and carry it where we currently cannot. A new torchbearer would be critically important in these times where "free expression" is under attack.

Did you read that part? Did you comprehend?

And please, don't be sassy-assed about commitment to the person who poured blood, sweat, tears, anxiety, passion, and all-he-had into this site for more than 12 years. It's an attitude like yours that would make it easy not to care.

Then shut down the threads offering gofundme operations and threads involving paid membership trying to hang on to this site as a favor to THEM.

That's transparency. This place is HOME to many and you seem to not get it. Get a buyer or we fade away.

Bingo! That's it. Great fun it's been SO.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You should read the OP.

He wants to sell. Not implement any ideas.

His preference is a group of members buying it, pending getting.

Were making that effort.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Both.

In short, we're toxic.

Maybe to some. The mods do a great job keeping order and allowing as much free speech as possible.

The idea of free speech is dying along with intelligent debate.

There is no other place like this across the web that I'm familiar with.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I LITERALLY just said that.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Both.

In short, we're toxic.

Maybe to some. The mods do a great job keeping order and allowing as much free speech as possible.

This is 💯 TRUE... Intellect is dangerous now more than ever.

The idea of free speech is dying along with intelligent debate.

There is no other place like this across the web that I'm familiar with.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Free thought is scary, even if poignantly ludacris.

link   

Do you think Google targeted ATS?

We fought with Google several times. First in 2013 when we were delisted from their ad platform (AdSense) for controversial content. It took six months and some internal connections to get our account back into good standing. There were clear indications it was one of those fabled "human interventions" on their end.

Then, through 2015 we'd receive daily notices that URLs (entire threads really) were being delisted from the ad platform. For a time, just about all of them were threads critical of Hillary Clinton.

I don't think "ATS is targeted," but I do think the majority of the topics discussed here are indeed targeted.

HOLY MOLY SH-T SNACKS 1984.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So does that make it exceptionally good timing or bad? :p

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join