It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I thought that was upgrade/revamp costs?

But to revive it as a business would require a sustained revenue model to fund infrastructure and code base improvements -- even before we look to alternative revenue methods. In order to afford the necessary expenditures, which would be months-long, we'd need a minimum of $25,000/month. That's not suddenly happening with donations or subscriptions.

I take that as needing $25K per month for some time to make things workable, so it would have to be an ongoing revenue stream.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One of my favorite crazy ATS conspiracy theories was that the mods wrote everything as socks. All the threads, all the posts...well except for that one person that posted it. They were the only legit member. One even went so far as to say that new mods were old retired mods to make it look fresh...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Just for reference, I didn’t join GLP when they went private and I don’t think that would work here.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

GLP is also filled to the brim with what amounts to a YouTube comments section of conspiracy theory.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: SourGrapes

Please read my responses in this thread, as well as re-reading the opening post.

I see I'm not the only one who has problems with people not reading.

On topic, sad to hear. I've only been a member since 2016 but I was ghosting off and on probably since the late 00s, not sure exactly when, with increasing frequency which is why I joined. It's a great site. It definitely needs some revamping, but there are fascinating topics and it's not all politics despite the nonstop whining of people who have been losing the political discussions.

I hope a solution is found. I wish I could offer some good suggestions.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Regarding transparency on the future of ATS it's still not clear :

So what I'm hearing is that with the site gone , all historic content will go with it ?

For clarity's sake , at the moment if you search with a username a thread title and the site name ( ATS ) you can get the stored content of a particular thread.

That's good enough for archives sake... but will that NOT be the case AFTER the website itself is closed ?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He already stated that he'd be releasing some figures, so I'm going to wait and see what that looks like.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agreed. I was only pointing out that to hide information behind a paywall will not work for the intended goal of keeping ATS alive for altruistic reasons.

I was not equating the two.

link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
One of my favorite crazy ATS conspiracy theories was that the mods wrote everything as socks. All the threads, all the posts...well except for that one person that posted it. They were the only legit member. One even went so far as to say that new mods were old retired mods to make it look fresh...

Which one of you got tasked with writing my trash contributions?

I picture AshleyD or kosmicjack.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
I'm really sorry to hear that SO
I think it could be possible to create a decent group to purchase this site.
A few with larger amounts of cash.
If you sell shares that any member can buy this place will have its utility further diluted.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Disappointing to hear the news, but not particularly surprising. This is probably one of the few threads making it to the front page that has not been a political polemic thread, or a derivative, in a long while.

One member wrote that this site has been competing with other large scale social media outlets. I wouldn't disagree with that statement; and it's probably one of the reasons this is happening. Why visit ATS when the same debates are ongoing on twitter, reddit, facebook etc., on a larger scale? This place has long since lost contact with its roots, trying to be something that's against its own fundamental reason to exist. ATS lost its allure long ago.

Instead of trying to build upon what made this place interesting in the first place, you have instead catered to the political crowd, which made this place no different from any other place on the web.

Truly disappointing that it has come to this.

Still; you did a great job for alot of years, and I admire you for that. It's hard to keep enthusiasm and growth for such a niche place as this. I wish you the best, no matter what the outcome for ATS turns out to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What ever happened to Beezer?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So sad!

link   
TBH, with the Orwellian state the world is in, not sure I want my content visible anymore. Might end up in a re-education camp somewhere. Or cancel culture will come for us. Maybe we should take a vote on whether SO should just nuke it from space.
lol!

link   

I think I mentioned this years back on ATS. The only way to kill questioning the government, ALL of government, by Conspiracy Theorist is making it a mass event shared among everyone out in the open and flood it with false and true information that will hide anything that should be investigated. Nowadys anyone questioning a part of the establishment must be part of the opposing side of the establishment. So in that sense the establishment has conquered conspiracy theorism.

It is this shift we have seen since 9/11, the Trump-Hillary orgy is the cherry on that cake.

For you Owners and old mods it must be sad and I would like to thank you for providing this platform in its glorious days. But as always. Every end will be a new beginning and I hope for you that in a decade you'll say "remember ATS? That was a lot of fun. But if we have not pulled out we would not have been doing what we are doing now"

edit on 18-6-2020 by Dumbass because: Brain thought words that fingers didn't type

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oops

edit on 18-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Right now I am crying a little,ATS has been part of my life
for nearly 11 years.It will be 11 years next month.My husband
will be thrilled,he's never really liked me being here. I wish
there was something I could do to help.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Thank you for not letting AugustusMasonicus and DBCowboy become moderators.

What's this 'and' thing? You still haven't figured out the two different personas I use when posting?

No one understands me.

I mean us.

Me.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

Instead of trying to build upon what made this place interesting in the first place, you have instead catered to the political crowd, which made this place no different from any other place on the web.

They didn't "cater" to anything, the political topics got popular because most conspiracy topics had been rehashed multiple times and it's what people want to talk about these days, plus there's still a tonne of conspiracies in politics... if anything ATS managed to survived this long precisely because it acted as one of the last refuges where Trump supporters felt like that had free speech. It seems to me like everyone blaming the demise of ATS on politics is mostly just saying that because they feel like politics pushed them away. There's still plenty of other active conspiracy topics and nothing stopping anyone from making a new one, I try to create something not related to politics at least once every month or two.
edit on 18/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join