It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For all those members making suggestions about subscriptions, donations, lack of tech upgrades, etc. You missed one important missing asset on our end: time.

Pool your resources, make an offer, and become member-run.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Also, a payment model that refuses access to ad blockers (there are commercial options for this available, and they're updated frequently, so it doesn't have to be developed in house), but also allows members to pay to opt out of ads, could be an interesting compromise, an option that isn't all-or-nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Well, what kind of numbers are we talking about? I would invest 10k

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This has blown my mind as well. Ive been here through Bush and Obama, now Trump. And its different.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

People have no idea how deep that last post was. They don’t know what ATS was like in the old days that they lament.

Decorum was a BIG DEAL back then. More so than the T&C to a degree. Because Manners was a big time offense that caused quite a few to start over collecting bling. Losing an account back in the day was a very big deal when you had to rebuild your inbox capacity, earn an avatar, space to upload an image or even the later reduced ads displayed for having bronze, silver or gold contributor status.

I really should do a “memory lane” thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Who doesn't miss the ATS Shop?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

OK.

I get it. No sense in trying to look back when there isn't much future to grasp at.

I get it.

But I don't have to like it.

I'm willing to contribute money to the maintenance of ATS.

Anyone who has been part of this community for the last several years is willing to keep it alive it seems.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

If there's a suggestion for a sustainable plan, something that can at the very least break-even, or operate for a long time without re-investment, I'd also be willing to put in a sizable investment.

I think the initial post suggested that an estimate would be released at a later date. I'm hoping this will come with an outline of operating costs, as well, so we can get the full picture before committing to anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It was much better when we all had to earn our clout.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The membership thing seems quite unworkable to me, I don't think many people will pay to access ATS and I don't want information behind a paywall. The only real option is to develop a better advertising strategy or sell to a buyer. I'd prefer the first but know it's hard to pull off and unlikely to happen. I do think there will be some willing buyers though, even some wealthy people who may be willing to lose money to keep ATS alive.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
I think the initial post suggested that an estimate would be released at a later date. I'm hoping this will come with an outline of operating costs, as well, so we can get the full picture before committing to anything.

SO gave it at around $25K per month.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never did order a PTS mug before it was too late...

And I was never sure of the quality of the messenger bags.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I really could use another t-shirt.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
All I can say is.

Thank you,
Thank you for letting me be part of this wonderful website. Can't believe I've been here over 6 years now.

Thank you site Owners, Administrators, Super Mods and Mods.

Thank you for not letting AugustusMasonicus and DBCowboy become moderators.

link   

I thought that was upgrade/revamp costs?

link   

Net shortfall, or before whatever advertising revenue streams they currently have are added in?

link   
So now...at a time when the world is going to hell in a hand basket...this is the time where the site with the “New World Order”, “survival” and “off the grid” forum is shutting down?

Lousy timing!!!

Charge a membership fee and set it to annually auto-renew unless cancelled by the member. Site has tons of lurkers who never joined because they didn’t need to join to view content.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Thank you for not letting AugustusMasonicus and DBCowboy become moderators.

What's this 'and' thing? You still haven't figured out the two different personas I use when posting?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
Net shortfall, or before whatever advertising revenue streams they currently have are added in?

That I don't know. Best to ask SO.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join