It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Meanwhile ..... there is a WAR going on - for your MIND .... Don't Lose IT !

It Turns Out the ‘NBC’ in ‘NBC News’ Is for ‘Now in the Business of Censorship’

Wow. I guess every day at the “NBC News Verification Unit” is a game of “Two Truths and a Lie.”

Yesterday NBC News, the employer of Brian Williams and former employer of Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin, and Chris Matthews, revealed that it has an obscure self-described “verification unit” that appointed itself to police American political discourse, and initially reported that Zero Hedge and the Federalist had been banned from generating revenue through widely used Google Ads, deeming their content to be racist. The report characterized those sites as “far-right,” even though the Federalist publishes a variety of right-of-center viewpoints and Zero Hedge is an idiosyncratic libertarian-leaning financial and market news site.

NBC Appoints Itself Internet-Speech Arbiter

edit on 6182020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No, in point of fact, we do not!

Only one person ever had that ability, and I'm not even sure he has it any more, and that was an owner.

Moderators do not, did not, and will not, have that ability.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Maybe members could ‘occupy’ATS? We’ll call it CH-ATS!

Just trying to lighten the mood. 🙁

There was that 2017 movie ‘The Circle’ that grossed $40 million worldwide against a budget of $18 million.
No idea if chat without long term archival could be implemented easily on a paid basis?
Then the question becomes why pay for chat here unless its like the official "Q" access channel or something?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well if were all history, I would like to be the last to be Banned, and The Honor I would wish by "Don't Tread on Me"....
www.youtube.com...

The long and winding road
That leads to your door
Will never disappear
I've seen that road before
It always leads me here
Lead me to you door

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day
Why leave me standing here?
Let me know the way

Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried
Anyway you'll never know
The many ways I've tried

And still they lead me back
To the long winding road
You left me standing here
A long long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door

But still they lead me back
To the long winding road
You left me standing here
A long long time ago
Don't keep me waiting here
Lead me to your door

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yes it's The Plotus..... in the flesh, saddened..

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What about bringing back the podcast ?

Post it to youtube, and generate revenue through there.

Hell, ill even host the damn thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I discovered ATS not long after it was founded by Simon.

Joined in 2005, and as the years rolled by, I learned many new and wondrous things, and got to know a few folks along the way.

There were times that ATS was a rock for me, and I'll be heart-broken if it should fade to black.

But miracles do happen, and I'm hopeful, and will remain so until the light goes out.

50000 plus posts on topic ranging from Aliens to Zoology, and many things in-between...it's been fun, and hopefully will remain such in the future.

Jon.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hopefully a certain member who is also a world famous 'star' reads this thread and maybe buys the site or something?

He would surely help in some way he's a nice guy.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sad but not at all surprising, the membership only has itself to blame.

There was a donation drive years ago and that didn't work, then the site went to ad-based revenue and that didn't work since most of you blocked them.

Look in the mirror if you want to know why the site languished.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sad to hear but not wholly unexpected.

I know you guys have some famous friends that are fans of the site. Have you tried reaching out to Robbie Williams? It might even be worth trying to get in contact with Tom DeLonge's people.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I assure you of one thing...I will not follow new ownership, not that I ever really trusted the purveyors of ATS, but nobody in todays world of marketed truth is believable.

Its the member contributors that have made this sites value, it has nearly nothing to do with the owners contribution.

So....

You have no idea how wrong you are. I say this as a member who has contributed a considerable amount of well appreciated content.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm too sad to think something smart to write. I will feel homeless.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You have a dedicated readership/membership that have been demanding certain things for years.

HTTPS and other security features. You gave up on site development and NEVER fixed many of the bugs. The ads are vastly intrusive and many deposit malware or hijack browsers. This is why people use ad blockers.

You gave up on development. You have not sought out new methods of revenue generation available on the internet. It's like you stopped bothering to assess whether new technologies would help your situation. It takes NOTHING to become part of an ad/crypto coop like Brave network. But you won't do it.

It takes nothing to create a tip function or take a crypto donation to further fund your operations.

You have not bothered to keep up with the times. That's why this is happening. It's not COVID or google. It's years of you guys ignoring your users and dictating to us, the ones who provide your content, why we don't get secure connections or basic encryption.

We have, on many occasions offered to pay a subscription fee. I personally have donated money to help keep ATS afloat a few years ago when you guys were having revenue issues and you came calling with hat in hand.

I love ATS. I've been a very active member for 12 years. I consider you all friends. You all watched me grow up, saw me through my deployment to combat, and helped me grow as a person.

The members of Cosmic helped me quit smoking. Provided friendly support when I needed it. Back me up when I deserved it, smacked me down too.

But here we are. We are being blamed for this. COVID is being blamed for this. Google is being blamed for this.

Everything but years of neglect is being blamed for this and it is beyond me as to why.

edit on 6 18 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 18 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

to that said person - I am adoptable

Peace and Love to ALL !

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would commit to a membership. I believe many of the contributing members in Aircraft Projects would feel similarly. There's a quite interesting and eclectic mix of voices here and I feel that the quality contributors would be retained in a transition to a membership based model.

Toxicity would almost certainly decrease as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It really must be the end of times because I agree with everything you just said.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'd be our collective luck-punishment that as soon as this site closes, the UFO's land.

Murphys law.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I can not suggest anything that will help other than keeping my fingers crossed I win the lottery and can donate. Have you thought about membership? I think in this current climate the only way we are going to be able to read any alternative news will be with a community of members contributing in some way. It’s a worrying time for free speech and they have slowly been reigning the Internet in for years. The dark web is now just early 2000s internet but we are told it’s criminal and a nasty place to go. The Internet was the Dark Web and this new google version is just a propaganda tool.

I sincerely hope you pull a rabbit out of the hat on this and thank you for your continued effort.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: projectvxn

It really must be the end of times because I agree with everything you just said.

I think outside of politics things are a bit more harmonious.

link   

originally posted by: harold223
Anyone who is not a one-eyed Trump supporter who comes across this site would walk right on, thinking its a right wing jerk fest. Would they be wrong?

There has been a seismic paradigm shift among conspiracy-minded people.

In the 20 years I've been a member/moderator/management of this site, along with prior "paying attention" back to the Ford administration, one thing has been consistent: As a group, Conspiracy Theorists always lean in the opposite political direction from whoever is in the White House.

Until Trump.

I find that odd.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is so sad, can't control a website kill it's revenue. This is one of the few websites were we can express ourselves, Digg, Reddit, Facebook and many other forums have gone so far down we have either been banned or it's pointless to go there anymore.

I joined ATS because of 9/11, I stayed because of the content on other subjects. I have more posts on the website than any other. If it goes with it's wealth of informational threads it will be very sad.
I hope a rich member of ATS steps up and saves it and preserves it just the way it is.

Edit :

Until Trump. I find that odd.

I don't, in previous election cycles ATS members voted for Ron Paul and it wasn't even close it was like over 80%, why ?
He was different and wasn't afraid to go up against political correctness. Political correctness mandated by the left and has been on the march for over 20 years, people wanted somebody capable of fighting against it and winning. Ron Paul style didn't allow him to win, he was too much of a gentleman, and this was a nasty political war.
Enter Trump who didn't give a flying you know what, and he could win unlike Paul, and he did.
Trump is the direct result and backlash of the left pushing those in center left away and driving the independents to a place they didn't want to go to, but felt forced too.
ATS members being pro-trump is no surprise to me, we were never that influenced by the lies of CNN to start with.
So it's no surprise TPTB finally got around to finding a way to attack ATS, kill it's add revenue, I guess this proves this isn't a CIA site like some have said. Total thought control on the web is being implemented progressively, they don't want to just monitor it, they want to close it down.
Free speech on the internet is ending, and we had a good run, very sad.
edit on 18-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join