It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency On The Future of ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't understand why so many are complaining about politics ruining this site when this exists.

ATS

It seems to me that if you wanted to skip straight up politics that is all you would need. Go to your fav forum subject. Have a ball.

Good luck ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I hope a way can be found...although from SO post - it appears those options maybe limited if not non-existent.

If ATS does indeed disappear, I do think there should be an initiative to archive specific sections of the site. There is research on here (when it was about UFOs and not Politics) that is difficult to find in other places, if at all.

The WayBackMachine won't know whats hit it..

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I don't understand why so many are complaining about politics ruining this site when this exists.

ATS

It seems to me that if you wanted to skip straight up politics that is all you would need. Go to your fav forum subject. Have a ball.

Good luck ATS.

Because i have seen it in other places, people just don't even come here at all and i have seen why, even when asking or talking about it they think the same, the site is full of politics and there's no room for any serious anything else

You don't see? people thing ats is dumb full of people obsessed with trump and there is no good stuff here anymore, its all over the place!

Look again at this thread, it is not related to politics at all, yet read first page or two, and guess what... politics got in the way lmao

You can't see if you're much close into it, or love site so much you blinded yourself, it was clear that was the problem years ago, people kept saying. People did not join or cared to comment as much because it was pointless, no serious discussion anymore

And then tons of people saying "you still can go read the archive if you want to read about other stuff"

Look it up, its all over the place

Anyways, i just came here today because a friend told me about this post, i had not been here for real for a long time, or cared because it was all the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and anything else said it was drowned away in the pointless noise

I wish i had been older when i was mentally bullied by that idiot "Bob" but i was 15 back then and did not know how to fit or defend myself, that kind of stuff also drove me away. But you know nothing about it so anyway, i got posts removed because of it while he laughed in my face in front of everyone. That's not a good site and the mods were corrupt and soulless

So i did not care as much about this site after that.

Anyways again, good luck people of ats, some were really good people, some not at all

edit on 18-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I remember my entrance here thirteen years ago can't hardly believe that the days are counted for..
Maybe placing advertisement banners within our signatures could do something good?

If not put a warning banner to make people aware you guys need the Ads?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

I'm sorry you were bullied. I know what that is like, and the toll it can take on many different aspects of your life.

As far as politics being all over the place, if that is truth then the mods should be doing a better job of keeping it in the correct places and deleting it where it isn't.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

ATS

Good luck ATS.

Anyways, i just came here today because a friend told me about this post, i had not been here for real for a long time, or cared because it was all the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and anything else said it was drowned away in the pointless noise

I wish i had been older when i was mentally bullied by that idiot "Bob" but i was 15 back then and did not know how to fit or defend myself, that kind of stuff also drove me away. But you know nothing about it so anyway, i got posts removed because of it while he laughed in my face in front of everyone. That's not a good site and the mods were corrupt and soulless.

So, you came to gloat.

Something said to you on the internet when you were 15 is so traumatizing you've come back after all this time to tell us about the corrupt and soulless mods.

Sounds like you're totally rational and I can't imagine why the demonic forces volunteering to regulate the site didn't live up to your expectations.
edit on 6/18/20 by Ksihkehe because: Clipped quote

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Sad to hear this as I'm all too aware of the time and effort Mark and yourself have put in to keep things going.

Patreon and/or a subscription service maybe? Its how a lot of bands are running their stuff nowadays - the market is similar to how the music industry collapsed for recording artists. Nowadays even established bands run campaigns to fund their recording time.

That and get rid of the politics. Its toxic. The front page looks like a right wing # storm a lot of the time and I get the impression its driven moderate folk away (I may be wrong of course).

I hope this works out in your favour - I wish I could invest but the money just isn't there for me.

Best of luck

Baz

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Sad news, but not entirely surprised.
I went from reading the forums every day, enjoying the topics of high strangeness and rabbit hole conspiracies....to checking in on a monthly basis....seeing that it was still filled up with mud pit, right wing, echo chamber type political nonsense... same as always posters....then logging back out again till next month.
I held on to the hope that the political screaming would eventually stop and the site would tilt back to a centre position, and the daily mud pit point scoring would slide down the boards, but nope.
Even non political posts would be attacked and star - seeking trumpeteers would converge to slap each other's backs and point score. It got really nasty here on ats pdq.

Case in point is the " Q " thread. How can so much pointless, idiotic drivel continue for so many months ( or is it years now ) on the site that did at one time, " deny ignorance "
Back in the day...unsubstantiated threads with wild claims would be closed down, never to see the light of day on the boards again ...unless you searched for them. This one has been given free publishing reign, using up a heeeuge part of this site to spread a whole crock of Qcrap.
Not long after 2016 many of the interesting posters had either left the site entirely or had suffocated under the weight of the dozen or so daily Trump buglers.

2020 has been a year or reckoning in so many ways.
Losing ATS started 3 years ago, finding funding or new owners would be extremely difficult given how far this site has sunk, coupled with the current global situation.
I am sorry, I will miss ATS... but the reality is I have grieved already for the loss of this site and the quality posts it used to have.

edit on 18/6/20 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I would do this as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Perplexing to hear/see a site holding so much secret school knowledge w/ many Light bearers such as ATS is in jeopardy because C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) I dont know why I felt ATS was impervious to financial strain...

Suggestions-

Are you able to get any business loans to keep the site afloat for 2 years?

At the same time maybe make a request to the ATS membership for a year subscription for 100 US$
1200 members at 100 US$ =120,000 US$ you can count on me for a yearly subscription SO.

I figure 2 or more financial apparatuses running consecutively should bulk up the finances enough to get loans, pay loans off why not needing any ads at all to fund the site for a few more years until a better financial plan is developed.

Members who pay continue to have access to all ATS & BTS forums and still keep current posting ability.

Members who do not pay can access ATS & BTS but they can only post in BTS and maybe selected ATS scientific forums not related to politics or threads politically influenced. This way not just anyone can get on the site spewing anything for attention or to politically misguide others.

When you pay you tend to care more about your investments and ATS to 1 is a investment as the numerous gems are found here that help to illuminate the consciousness. Yes helped me sometimes. Which in turn helps to navigate through the darkness and dark times. If things get darker we are going to need some illuminating light beacons to help spread light... On the net so it would be a shame to lose such a site as this.

I am sorry to hear the site is at risk but I remain optimistic for it.
Good luck ATS
STAY STRONG💪

edit on 6/18/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Also can we order prints of threads we have interest in? Or should we print them ourselves if issues develop?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well, this is sad.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Well, FWIW - and it's not worth much - I've turned off my ad blocker for this site.

A bigger on-going problem will be that many browsers now have ad blocking built-in.

My new favorite browser Brave has it. I think I heard that Chrome is heading in that direction too.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Dear Skeptic Overlord....

Are you willing to entertain ANY alternative ideas for more funding, especially from an infrastructure that is already in place and which does NOT rely on site advertising and analytics?

If you are, I will gladly put forward ideas that few here in this thread have touched on.

$25,000 a month, yes?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well this is crap, 2020 the gift that keeps on giving.

Sad to hear, well thanks for hosting the site while you could, it's a been a great experience for me learning all this bizarre stuff I would never have heard about had I not stumbled across this site, and I will miss some of you very much.

That's said, maybe Donny orange 1st should buy the site, his biggest fans are here, i reckon just a little tickle of his ego would close the deal

Anyhow good luck in your new ventures.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
full sarcasm mode

A donation from Trump

Surely he cant let his 2nd favourite (after his own twitter voice) fall

much propoganda to push out, where will people get their political fix from, as ATS motto Deny Ignorance, look for the true story by posting links from Fox and CNN, without seeing the irony

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I'm not all that savvy when it comes to IT, and had always just assumed that it can't cost too much to have a website hosted and maintained.

In my naivety I figured that maybe even I cover could things for a while.

So, I googled how to find the value of a website and punched-in ATS.

Now I think I understand the problem, damn.

I know I'm not alone when I say that this is heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Way too much 'wrongthink' going on here for it to be allowed to continue. It's too big of a threat to the NWO.

I'm sad to see her go, I wrote the old "about" for ATS back when she was just entering her prime, and have really enjoyed the ride! Back then I thought we would save the world.

There will be no buyer, this site will die. The writing is on the wall for those with eyes to see.

Goodbye beloved friends and respected enemies, the world is moving on.

Your Pal,
tjack
😥
edit on 18-6-2020 by tjack because: I will miss you all.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I know you've answered this already in the thread, but I would also pay to help keep it alive.

It's worth a shot to see if it'll work rather than just letting it die. At the very least, it would keep it going for a few extra months. What do you have to lose? Ban adblocker, start a subscription service and see where that takes us.

Really, I just don't see the logic in letting it die without at least trying some of these options first.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
What a sad note to wake up to. My husband calls ATS my "Top Secret Family." He's not wrong.

I don't block ads. I can commit to a subscription. What else can I/we do to keep this going?

Whatever happens, I wish the best for ATS and the owners going forward. Brightest blessings for us all.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join