It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta shooting - Precedence in Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It looks like a kick but could be a trip or something else. I'd guess something else because why is everything else video but said kick is not.

This needs to get to a jury asap, where the jury will be given instructions based on the actual law and not public opinion. I actually saw a morning news host today defend the resisting arrest due to him being on parole and not wanting to go back to jail. And here I thought parole was a period of time where you were supposed to play nice. Apparently it's keep breaking laws but do your best to not get caught.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadlyStaringFrog
And here I thought parole was a period of time where you were supposed to play nice.

Probation is what you mean, but it can be a condition of Parole.

"As part of your Parole, you have 5 years Probation..."

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: Phage

It doesn't have to be a Constitutionality case. The SCOTUS ruling also address Use of Force.

As a former lawschool professor, I can assure you that it most certainly does have to be a "constitutionality case." That is the only way that a state court case can reach the Supreme Court. The Supremes can choose to hear any case coming up in the Federal Court system (US District/ Court of Claims/ TaxCourt/etc, Courts of Appeal. But to hear an appeal from a state court, certiorarican only be granted if here is a constitutional issue, or if the state court invalidated a federal statute, which, in itself, is a constitutional issue.

<< 1  2   >>

join