It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Police Walkout in Atlanta

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: JAGStorm
Police walking out because of unsafe work conditions in atlanta.
Nurses walking out because of unsafe work conditions in pennsylvania.
If these people are going to be risking their lives even more than normal then we should pay them more.

Extra pay will not compensate for a potential First Degree Murder charge just by doing ones job.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Tired of this "higher standard" nonsense. People (civilians who think it's a good idea to drive drunk, beat up two officers, steal a taser and shoot said taser at an officer) need to hold themselves to higher standards and these messes wouldn't be happening.

~Sovereign

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Honestly amazed at how little media coverage or video is available of that night.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Police walking out because of unsafe work conditions in atlanta.
Nurses walking out because of unsafe work conditions in pennsylvania.
If these people are going to be risking their lives even more than normal then we should pay them more.

Extra pay will not compensate for a potential First Degree Murder charge just by doing ones job.

There is a private, pro-police charity offering the officers in Atlanta each a $500 bonus to help smooth things over, and I think at this point I'd have to say, "Thanks, but no thanks. I appreciate the gesture, but explain to me how $500 will help me if the politicians in City Hall decide to sacrifice me to their careers? $500 isn't enough to compensate me and my family for a life destroyed."

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What you have here over the Wendy's shooting.... is an honest to God lynching of a police officer by the media and the cowardly self serving DA. No real investigation, no looking at the case, no deciding if a grand jury should ba called, just a rush to lynch the man. I was at first guilty of being critical of the shooting, now I'm more on the fence. The officer's badge came came off, i assumed he took it off during the struggle. I had heard he shot them an as he was running away after he tried to fire a taser at the officer. Now it looks like he turned to fire and adrenaline being what it is, if the officer had a gun drawn and saw a flash and him poiting a weapon, an honest mistake could be made. Or a purely defensive move. Not saying it was justified, just that its a whole lot greyer than it was and honestly the MSM was horrendous in its portrayal of that guy as a calm family man. he was a bum, a loser. At the least he deserved a beat down when he fought the cops. He'd have ent for a firearm if he could have in all likelihood.So I support the police in their walkout and I'm 100% against bad cops. But the MSM is 100% against good and bad cops.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And now good people need to teach the animals why police is needed.
Time to go in and clean house.

I hope the right people are organizing.

The losers have gotten out of hand

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Rolfe's Stepmother fired for being his stepmother and defending him?

Equity Prime Mortgage LLC had her as an HR person, and they put her on administrative leave after the incident blew with teh Brooke's shooting blew up. Then they let her go. I guess it was over social media stuff "creating a hostile work environment", but those posts were while she was on leave of absence.

So it's starting to look like you can be punished now for what your family members have done. Unless there is way more to her case, Equity Prime Mortgage could have some issues on their hands over how they dealt with this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just read that.... absolutely.........unbelievable.....

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

These are the times we live in now and they are scary indeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Good Lord, Officer Rolfe's dad robbed the cradle on that one. Instead of firing her, somebody should be giving the dad a promotion in sales because he's clearly a talented marketer.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Crime rates drop when crimes aren’t reported/recorded.

Shocking revelations in this here thread lol.

i second this statement.
absurd to think crime drops just because police are not there.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I finally started a twitter account this week, for two reasons.

1) I believe we can fix the “cancel culture” by adding voices of reason to the mix.

2) I am only tweeting a variation of these facts- DEMs have been in charge of these cities for over 60+ years. They are exclusively supported by police unions. Dems had a filibuster proof majority with a black president, yet made none of the changes they claim to want, but say they can’t because of republicans. Dems are solely responsible for the failure of the Flint MI water, the New Orleans hurricane response, and thousands of other failures. All of these issues are used for votes, therefore they will never be addressed (their claim that D.C. lacks representation is a great example).

Police policy (use of force, no-knock warrants) can, and should be changed. But don't vilify the whole department for the actions of a few (nor should police hide these occurrences), and don’t blame racism when it is your party in charge of policy.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I thought it was crazy that the company claims that they are promoting diversity by making 70-80% of their management staff minorities, and that “they will do better”. That reeks of racism to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'd be the first to admit if I was wrong on that

I don't see it happening, and will probably get far far worse. Can't blame the cops though, who wants to put their life at risk to protect people that don't want protected

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Buh Bye. Get new cops, new unions and new training. Otherwise, nothing changes as usual. I'm still amazed at their attitudes, they are truly horrified by the idea of being accountable.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Without the police you have no law and order, no justice system. They are the first line of defense. If we go Mad Max, justice with be swift and without hesitation for a lot of people. Your average citizen doesn't have the training of a police officer and they will shoot first.

If people think the cops are killing too many people, wait until we do away with the police. You will see the herd thinned out pretty quickly.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole
Without the police you have no law and order, no justice system. They are the first line of defense.

The first line of defense is a stable family foundation raising their children to be civil minded individuals before they strike out into the world on their own. The traditional values of the family foundation has been attacked over the decades to such a degree it has eroded into nothing.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My cops are welcomed and I'm very armed...all is good here, good luck Atlanta.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole
Without the police you have no law and order, no justice system. They are the first line of defense.

The first line of defense is a stable family foundation raising their children to be civil minded individuals before they strike out into the world on their own. The traditional values of the family foundation has been attacked over the decades to such a degree it has eroded into nothing.

Up until around 1965 80% of black families had a father and mother. Today that figure is around 30% because of government paying for unwed breeding mothers with multiple children from multiple fathers. Sometimes good sounding programs sow the seed of destruction. Start at 27:30 of the video youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

These are the times we live in now and they are scary indeed.

The attempt to disarm us has continually failed. Alternative plan: disband local organized policing. What successful method of crazy are the Fascists employing?
edit on 20-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join