It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beverly Hills Safe From ‘Autonomous Zones’ And Protests After Emergency Order Passed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Rich progressives do not want the poor progressives destroying their neighborhoods it appears though they have no problem promoting protests everywhere else and donating money to fund the lawlessness elsewhere.

Makes you wonder why they even bother to act like they are for the "little people".

I guess "small town" America should take the hint and pass similar measures to make it "legal" to break up mobs of unwelcome visitors.... oh, they can't do that, the media will call them out as being racist or phobia something.

www.beverlyhills.org...

summit.news...

Hypocrite celebrities can rest safe in their mansions while sending money to mobs elsewhere

While celebrities and wealthy virtue signallers are all too eager to rally behind leftist mobs with support and donations, they will be assuredly safe in their gated mansions as the city of Beverly Hills issued an emergency order to ban all protests in the area, ensuring there will be no lawless ‘autonomous zones’ springing up on their doorstep.

“To preserve the peace and tranquility of residential neighborhoods, effective tonight and until further notice, no more than 10 people shall gather in an assembly in a public right of way in a residential area between the hours of 9 p.m. – 8 a.m.,” an announcement proclaimed on the city’s social media accounts.

edit on 17-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So the rich city just banned all protest?

Isn't that against the 1st Amendment?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm sure it'll be because of COVID-19.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

www.beverlyhills.org...

CITY ISSUES CIVIL EMERGENCY ORDER REGARDING PUBLIC ASSEMBLIES IN RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS
June 13, 2020 - Beverly Hills, CA – To preserve the peace and tranquility of residential neighborhoods, effective tonight and until further notice, no more than 10 people shall gather in an assembly in a public right of way in a residential area between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.

An assembly is defined as any gathering or group of 10 or more people on a public street, sidewalk or other public place if those 10 people have a common purpose or goal.

Any assembly that is silent, such as a candlelight vigil, and gatherings on private property are exempt from this emergency order.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

*shrugs*

It's not like the Constitution or rule of law applies to the leftist elites anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm sure it'll be because of COVID-19.

Old and rich.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Says, residential areas, doesn’t sound like just in the hills have eyes. Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is the use of the extra-Constitutional "police power" that I keep talking about.

This is the real danger, not COVID and not riots.

We will see the use of this increase, we will see our militarized police departments enforcing it, and guess what, they won't care what we think because the public seems to be against them.

We are living in a crucible.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ah yes, they support firing law and order
that protect them, figuring that is O.K.
because they have Private Security Forces.

All the while ignoring The Wave that is about
to come crashing down.

Ignorance is Bliss.
C'est la Vie! S&F

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And I wonder exactly what they would do if a crowd of people showed up to protest....with Fox News cameras, of course... And lawyers.

Put them to the test....

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Haaaa. Beverly Hills. Because they support and care. Turds....all of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

OP made me think of this again,

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Suddenly I'm having a random urge to go riot in rich neighborhoods... perhaps then they can understand what it feels like for people living in the areas where buildings are being looted and burnt down. It's ironic how these far-left Antifa anarchists think they are so anti-authority when in reality they are lap dogs for the rich and powerful and MSM. PATHETIC.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

What will they do when 200 show up...lol sounds like "I dare ya" move...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If you are having a lawless riot, how is a ban on gatherings going to stop it? You will already be breaking the law by having a riot, so who is going to care if you are breaking another law at the same time?
I agree the hypocrisy in the world of celebrity and rich is rife.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Lawless riot is redundant.

All riots are lawless.

It seems that the restriction (which is illegal) is intended to stop groups from forming.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This sure sounds like liberal privilege.

Maybe this is where gun totting conservatives should head to "protest".

edit on 18-6-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

This sure sounds like liberal privilege.

Maybe this is where gun totting conservatives should head to "protest".

I often wonder why more of that hasn't been going on!

I would encourage everyone to use their Constitutional rights to make their voices heard.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: DBCowboy

www.beverlyhills.org...

CITY ISSUES CIVIL EMERGENCY ORDER REGARDING PUBLIC ASSEMBLIES IN RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS
June 13, 2020 - Beverly Hills, CA – To preserve the peace and tranquility of residential neighborhoods, effective tonight and until further notice, no more than 10 people shall gather in an assembly in a public right of way in a residential area between the hours of 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.

An assembly is defined as any gathering or group of 10 or more people on a public street, sidewalk or other public place if those 10 people have a common purpose or goal.

Any assembly that is silent, such as a candlelight vigil, and gatherings on private property are exempt from this emergency order.

At first, my right-wing self almost flew me into a snowflake storm of outrage and virtue signaling over this 1A infraction, but...

from 9p-8a in public spaces in residential neighborhoods seems pretty reasonable. they're allowing quiet vigils too.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Minneapolis and Seattle had those same Covid-19 restrictions during the riots and Chaz-Chomp unrest. Minneapolis has killer-cops and it didn't stop the riots, looting and mayhem.

What's Beverly Hills going to do? Get Eddie Murphy to resurrect the Beverly Hills Cops squad and kick azz if unrest breaks out?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join