It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
It's hard to start a major war these days, and a lot of psychopaths believe it's been too long since we've had one... we're too connected; social media, global corporations, diversified cross-border investment interests, global supply chains, no impetus from the population to kill each other, in fact a push back against it... there are also psychopaths who believe that we need to somehow depopulate the world (scary people out there!)... so how would a government (or higher power that be if they exist) actually go about starting a war?
So we have an invisible enemy attacking one of humanities greatest fears; disease.
... Though a lot isn't making sense yet. ... So... What if this whole thing is a red herring? (WARNING: DOOM SCENARIO AHEAD... STOP READING IF EASILY TRIGGERED!) What if this is China's (or TPTB) opening volley in a WW3 scenario? It's hard to start a major war these days, and a lot of psychopaths believe it's been too long since we've had one... we're too connected; social media, global corporations, diversified cross-border investment interests, global supply chains, no impetus from the population to kill each other, in fact a push back against it... there are also psychopaths who believe that we need to somehow depopulate the world (scary people out there!)... so how would a government (or higher power that be if they exist) actually go about starting a war? Scenario
- The numbers are insanely out of whack
- I still have yet to see an interview with a believable "recovered" patient (months later)
- Either all the world's governments are lying about the figures, or China is... probably both
- It seems on the surface that China has failed dismally, and the rest of the world has had the most spectacular containment of a virus ever, even with the multiple reports of ineptitude globally!
- Regardless of the outcome of the virus, the world is in for some seriously bad economic times over the coming year or so
- Manufacturing/supply shortages are already grossly apparent across multiple industries
- China has been cracking down on journalism for years, seemingly reached a peak around the start of the virus reporting
- From the looks of the rest of the world outside China, we haven't seen the blooms of virus that is expected
- Overall, outside of China, probably no need to panic, from the looks of things
So maybe a few months form now, China is recovering, the world is weakened dealing with virus, global connectedness has been frayed to the point of snapping, fear of lack of resources now exists (which is the perfect atmosphere to rile up a population), borders are tight again... ... and so the stage is is set. PS. Please don't take this too seriously, this is all complete conjecture, though it does tie together some disparate facts in a frightening framework... just throwing out some conspiracy on a conspiracy site!
- Release a well timed (CNY) mild virus on your own population
- Delay reporting for a while to let it get established
- Finalize media and internet crackdown and control, as situation is developing
- Use the furor to identify early alarmists for later elimination, and sympathizers for sanitized outward media stories for the rest of the world
- Start reporting virus (R0, death rate, origin, etc... flood the media with both real and fake information, media and internet will do the rest) and early numbers
- Build an alarming quadratic equation based on suggested R0
- Start reporting ever increasing numbers (falsely inflated) based on the equation to increase global fear/confusion
- Start quarantining (meanwhile lying to your own population and the world) to reinforce the "epidemic" idea, and cover ulterior motives (this also subverts social media to reinforce the "virus")
- Turn CCP supporters against dissenters and the rest of the population (wear a mask or else!)... also makes non-conformists easily identifiable
- Meanwhile globally, this creates a situation to generate fear of Chinese citizens
- Chinese come home or are "urged" home from other countries
- Foreigners start leaving China
- Governments of the world come and get their citizens
- China uses it as an excuse to begin to shut off the country from the rest of the world, citing the worsening "epidemic"
- Start quarantining cities, then regions, then larger cities
- Shut down manufacturing and exports, isolating yourself further from the world
- Prop up the financial markets, reassuring the world that this isn't going to be that much of an effect, and manufacturing will start again soon
- Crack down further on internet, only letting out stories that support the narrative (both "official", and socially generated about the virus and its conditions... none of which is the actual truth)... running a media double blind
- Increase censorship (as the world expects you to), start eliminating dissenters in the background, behind 'now-closed-doors'
- Mild virus also has the added benefit of taking out the old and the feeble of society, (outwardly also reinforcing the "severity" of the virus)
- All of this is a fabrication, as can start to be seen from lack of pandemic around the rest of the world... but world is confused and scared, and investing resources to combat the invisible threat
- Meanwhile world is starting to feel the pinch of the vacuum left by no industry from China
- China maintains the facade until the entire country is "quarantined" (nothing in or out) except official Gov... the world has literally no idea what is happening inside China at this point
- Recover from the effects of the mild virus (way less than the actual reported numbers), while under complete quarantine, just as the world is starting to deal with the virus
- At this point, China is completely isolated from the world
- Global business interests have been seriously disrupted to the point where corporations are already considering pulling out of China, or at least diversifying supply chains out of China
- While the virus isn't as bad as China's numbers, it still has a significant effect, and puts medical services under pressure across the globe
- Deafening silence form within China makes the world wonder?
- Increased travel restrictions start globally between countries
- World starts to isolate from each other
- Major supply shortages of almost everything (NO TOILET PAPER!!!) leads to increased social tension
- Since China at this point is completely closed off, and the rest of the world is occupied with the virus (and unfounded fear from China's inflated numbers) they can do whatever (mobilize?) unnoticed
- Is this the break in our increasing global connectedness that would allow for the push towards a major global conflict?
originally posted by: puzzlesphere
So what does everyone think? Did I pick it?
Are we really at the brink of World War 3?