It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SMH Boy Scouts of America Get "WOKE"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Many companies are participating in virtue signaling these days, by posting apologies for past practices, or expressing solidarity for BLM.

Today, especially after all the protests, diversity and inclusion is suddenly two topics that are being addressed by many companies and communities.

Why? Because these companies, and many communities around America, don't want to be labeled as "racist," or "insensitive," that's why.

Today, we have companies, communities, and institutions caving to the demands of activists.

They're changing their hiring practices, taking down "offensive" monuments, and changing their brand name and athletic team's logos, as was recently done by PepsiCo and The University of Virginia.

Add the Boy Scouts of America to that list.

In a show of solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, the Boy Scouts of America is requiring scouts to earn a "diversity and inclusion" merit badge in order to become an Eagle Scout, the organization announced Monday.

"The Boy Scouts of America stands with Black families and the Black community...This is not a political issue; it is a human rights issue and one we all have a duty to address,"

disrn.com...

This is not a political issue

Yeah, whatever.

IMO, this is another example of phony self-righteousness, which in my book is nothing more than pandering to a specific group, or movement, in order to prevent them from tarnishing your reputation, or company.

This is not the first time that the Boy Scouts have gone "Full Social Justice Warrior."

...in 2017, the BSA began allowing "transgender boys" — biological females who choose to live as males — to join the scouting ranks.

...just last year, female youths were permitted to join their male counterparts in official BSA scout troops; the organization also updated its name to "Scouts BSA" to reflect the monumental change.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
This is not the first time that the Boy Scouts have gone "Full Social Justice Warrior."

...in 2017, the BSA began allowing "transgender boys" — biological females who choose to live as males — to join the scouting ranks.

...just last year, female youths were permitted to join their male counterparts in official BSA scout troops; the organization also updated its name to "Scouts BSA" to reflect the monumental change.

Those are actually for purely monetary reasons due to a declining membership base.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"This is not a political move"

Bulls#, yes it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Those are actually for purely monetary reasons due to a declining membership base.

Please explain those monetary reasons. BTW, you were wrong about Camden NJ's police force. Then again that might depend on which corner of the internet disinformation world either of us were looking at. I suppose then both of us would be right.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Lord Baden-Powell founder of The Scouts is having his statue removed in Dorset England.

For being racist and a Nazi sympathiser.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Please explain those monetary reasons.

When your membership declines your revenue declines. You really need that explained? You don't go from around 3,000,000 members in 2012 to nearly half that now and not take a massive financial hit. So what do you do? You merge with the girl's organization who makes big money selling their diabetes in a box treats.

Anyone thinking that Scouting's governing body is some altruistic agency should get their head examined. Scouting is a financial stream moving money up the channel for its executives.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Proud Eagle Scout here,

The organisation did a lot of good for me and I am glad my Dad pushed me through it in a supportive way.
You know kids are generally inherently lazy, and it taught me a lot of not just good mental and disciplinary skills, but also the usual good stuff like teamwork, survival skills, etc.
The merit badge system has 'merit' ha because it teaches new skills that would not be otherwise learnt through the public school system.
My favourite badges to get were horsemanship, and I recall, hiking. They were challenging and you felt rewarded by doing a good job.

Then you get to the hardcore adults, and very good leadership I experienced both in CONUS and abroad in a mil. scout troop, and I am thankful for the adults for helping us kids learn and prosper.

Then you get to the Eagle board of review where they asked me 'what are your views on homosexuality?' out of the blue.

I was like WTF in my head. I just said I had none, it wasn't a concern of mine, which is true.

But I can see the step from that to this, as the membership also had a lot of pedophilia scandals like in the Church. Luckily I never knew anyone who went through anything like that, nor did myself.

So when it comes down to it, they need to tone down the SJW BS, but I also understand the need for new revenue.

Most kids these days don't want to learn about nature and hard skills. Its all software and coddling.

So I wish the BSA luck.

And including girls makes no sense in a normal way, but in regards to revenue yes, they should merge the organisations. But then you get the whole teenage ranks and um yes.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

thats a shame. he was a good leader.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

When your membership declines your revenue declines. You really need that explained? You don't go from around 3,000,000 members in 2012 to nearly half that now and not take a massive financial hit. So what do you do? You merge with the girl's organization who makes big money selling their diabetes in a box treats.

Anyone thinking that Scouting's governing body is some altruistic agency should get their head examined. Scouting is a financial stream moving money up the channel for its executives.

I find that reasoning acceptable. I suppose most of their revenue comes from the larger metro areas.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I had cousins that were Boy Scouts. They were all pretty helpless in the woods.
One made it to Eagle Scout. He was the one that was the most helpless.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You have to drill into their heads while they're still young how racist they are and how bad the white man is.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is really a product of the type of Troop they are in.
Mine was very hardcore outdoorsy and we would routinely camp as preteens in the Rockies in sub zero temperatures and with no tents. Just snow caves. So its really a mixed bag and is reliant on the leadership.

a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The BSA took a hit when they started allowing girls and gay dudes. This shouldn't surprise anyone. But it helps drive support of Trump up even higher since it's the democrats pulling these strings and trying to force the world to accept the blm movement.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"diabetes in a box"

EH EH EH!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

BLM...

Amazing how great results this movement got.

The collective consciousness has not been this retarded in a hundred years, close to a race war.

Good job..

Epstein who?
Andrew what?
Hollywood?

Almost equal to the crow disease.
edit on 17-6-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Was kicked out of cubscouts around 1979 because I was the best at everything. I won all the contests. Acquired badges like they were candy in front of a hungry pre diabetic kid.

All the other boys were always pissed off at me and my den MOTHER's house smelled like cat piss.

My dad picked me up one day (most days my mom did) and my father was all, "jesus, that house smells like cat piss! Son, you don't have to do that anymore."

The next month he signed me up for wrestling, which I did actually like because many of the guys there could actually challenge me by kicking my ass.

edit: And yes before I "quit" I was kicked out because I told some kid that I cheated on the soapbox derby and did not care. My car took first place and was so much obviously faster that it was obvious that as a 10 year old I cheated. And I did. And I will keep that secret with me until my deathbed...snicks

edit on 17-6-2020 by Fools because: ...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Its a human rights issue. Regardless of how you want to see it politicized.

They are not wrong in that statement.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Like Chris_stibrany replied to you, my experience with Scouts was very good. Even had a year of survival training from a professional who taught it at a local university. A week in the mountains in winter with nothing but an army blanket and a Boy Scout Knife, followed by a summer trip to the desert for a month.

At least the Scouts I grew up with were pretty much expert off grid.

Scouts like anything else are as good or bad as the local leaders.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hope they go to hell for this evil...

🍿

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ok Pope Stalin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join