It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rayshard Brooks charging decision today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

from what the da was talking about for "standing on the body" he was looking at either 5 years or 20 i couldnt hear it clearly as my stream glitched but this just seems like they threw every thing and the kitchen sink at the officer who shot......

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
twitter.com... here is brooks doing some interview shortly before the incident i think may? talking about how he was on probation

www.youtube.com... its at wrong time stamp but here is the entire encounter and with this video i dont see them being able to prove their "he was never a danger to any one" when you can literally see him scuffling with the cops and taking their taser....

this DA is pandering hard core on the live stream complaining about him not being able to issue an indictment

due to the plague they have to wait tell january to even sign the indictment to take it to a grand jury and da is pissed about this ....so does that mean like are the cops even gonna be arrested or does it need to come from a judge still im pretty confused and normally i can follow this kind of thing pretty well

That's another thing, if he was drunk enough to pass out, where did the strength come from to get away from two cops? It's not easy to get away from one person let alone two while you're drunk. Not to mention he hit at least the one cop twice from what I could see in the video, once in the head. No danger to the public my foot.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Wonder how long till the da runs for office, cause that's about the only reason I can see for the way its shaking out.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Just announced that the charges will not be heard by a grand jury until next January or February.

By then no one will remember the names of the people involved, or anything about this altercation.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
The charges against the cop are ridiculous in my opinion after watching the video several times. I'm not buying the fight or flight argument as being the cause of all of these problems. In a lot that I've seen (granted they were on TV) it was not wanting to go to jail and when caught or subdued, the perp usually admitted that it was a stupid thing to do. "I have warrants", "I didn't want to go to jail" ,"I was drinking/on meth", etc. This goes back to taking responsibility for your actions. Don't take a cop's weapon, don't point it at them and don't pull the trigger. Taser or not.

Yeah those charges are total bull#. I hope people gather in the hundreds of thousands and we have a Blue Lives Matter movement across the nation if these utterly ridiculous charges stick. There's no other reason to do this other than to pander to the annoying blm morons.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

The charges against the cop are ridiculous in my opinion after watching the video several times. I'm not buying the fight or flight argument as being the cause of all of these problems. In a lot that I've seen (granted they were on TV) it was not wanting to go to jail and when caught or subdued, the perp usually admitted that it was a stupid thing to do. "I have warrants", "I didn't want to go to jail" ,"I was drinking/on meth", etc. This goes back to taking responsibility for your actions. Don't take a cop's weapon, don't point it at them and don't pull the trigger. Taser or not.

Yeah those charges are total bull#. I hope people gather in the hundreds of thousands and we have a Blue Lives Matter movement across the nation if these utterly ridiculous charges stick. There's no other reason to do this other than to pander to the annoying blm morons.

You're being sarcastic, right? There will never be protests if the charges are upheld because the cop is white.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You're being sarcastic, right? There will never be protests if the charges are upheld because the cop is white.

No I'm not being sarcastic. There are more Blue Lives supporters than there are blm, we just happen to have lives and can't sit around occupying city blocks to make demands. I'd love to see how it would turn out if cop supporters were the ones out there finally protesting something like this. I'd like to see what the democrats had to say about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

im waiting for national police response to this as i could very well see entire departments saying F this and either retiring quitting or catching a case of the good old fashioned blue flu ,this da is basically implying like that one meme video that ok suspect is black they are allowed to resist allowed to take an officers weapon and that being drunk is not justification for an arrest let alone shooting said suspect solely based on racial color of the suspect

the floyd thing was cut and dry terrible but this is not the hill this DA should be preparing to die on so to speak least with a case that has video evidence of a dead suspect who had assaulted cops one of which went to the hospital......

and with the blatant over charging of the officer i honestly see this guy walking and suing the bejesus out of the da office then we will probably get a new round of riots come January or when ever they get to this case

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No I'm not being sarcastic. There are more Blue Lives supporters than there are blm, we just happen to have lives and can't sit around occupying city blocks to make demands. I'd love to see how it would turn out if cop supporters were the ones out there finally protesting something like this. I'd like to see what the democrats had to say about it.

You know what they would say, "cops are all racist neanderthals that are out of control and their supporters are racists too!"

I'd like to see it too, I just don't think we ever will.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

Atlanta Police officer who killed Rayshard Brooks charged with felony murder

WOW

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Assault 2 officers, steal a taser and run. He could have kept running and still be alive but when he turned to use that taser he decided his own fate. The end.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Felony murder, no way they get that without the DA, and the Judge pulling some seriously shady stuff.

I do not understand the prosecution unless they are intending to blow the case.... for some reason.

Don't be so sure. The way things are going jurors are going to be terrified to find him not guilty even if that is what they believe.

Think about it - The way things are now jury members that vote not guilty are likely to be hunted down and punished.

None of any of this is based on facts or reason, it is 95% based on rage.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Atlanta PD seriously needs to go on strike.

They just need to say if they are not allowed to protect themselves it is too dangerous to stay on the job.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

that is the irksome thing about the press confrence they were bringing up stuff they NOW Know but that the officer could not have known in the heat of the moment , like the taser being out of shots sure we know that now but did the officer who shot him know that? the distance of 18 feet 3 inches some how magically makes him not a threat did the cop have a measuring tape on him? like that kind of stuff is ridiculous to try to use against the officer who was making a heat of the moment decision

i bet the cop turning evidence is in for a rough ride more so as a rookie...... and i wonder what bluntly pettty or punitive actions the officers in this DA's district will be doing out of response to the das pretty much throwing the police force under the bus, like say evidence in other cases may go missing to tank his crime numbers (again petty and illegal as hell but id bet the cops are pissed) slower response times or just flat out refusal to go deal with any minority after this . like Dispatcher
k caller what race is the suspect? caller:they are black officer Responding officer: sorry not our problem not worth the legal risk to our jobs etc fend for your self .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Seriously, if anyone thinks that all of this nonsense isnt a powergrab to institute a "National Police Force", then I have a bridge to sell them to Antartica.

The real question is who will control this force? Will it be the DNC or will it be Trumpians? And if Trumpians get control of it somehow, will they dismantle it?

link   
Black people want to be able to commit crimes with impunity.

Oh yeah and they want free money too.

link   
a reply to: proximo

eh grand juries are usually kept anonymous for this exact reason so hopefully with that combined that we have to wait tell January to even have this case at the earliest perhaps some of this insanity will have blown over by then

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

WOW

The entire Atlanta PD should call in sick.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

WOW
Read: “Open season on LEOs....”

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Better yet! How about the police just stop protecting these political activist lawyers/politicians/judges?

Since the judicial system relies on the police for protection, I would 100% back any leo who gives these scum the middle finger when it comes to protecting them.

Why should they?

Matter of fact, the police and it's unions should just stand up and let every one of these corrupt entities know that from here on out, they are ON THEIR OWN!

Watch how fast they straighten out then, knowing that every criminal they put away now has a free shot at getting back at them.
edit on 17-6-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join