It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Editor Of Rolling Stone Magazine Says “The American Left Has Lost Its Mind”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Anyone who thinks Matt Taibbi has shifted his ideology one millimeter should really read a few of his articles.

He's calling out authoritarian nutjobs masquerading as liberals.

He's right.

Two logical posts in as many days.

Did someone hack your account?

LOL, no, I'm the same account owner since 2012.

You seem to confuse logic with what you agree with.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

I read a piece that posited it as a toxic residue of our Judeo-Christian legacy. Judeo-Christian ethic and mores prize compassion and abhore physical cruelty. We as a society hate to see people being victimized.

This is the toxic extreme of that - victim ideology, people who are so afraid of physical cruelty that descend into moral cruelty where it is permissible and even virtuous to subject someone to unrelenting mental and psychological abuse if you think you are avoiding that physical cruelty or saving a victim in some way.

Got a link on that I would love to read it at some point In between watching the world burn and feeling a lot of anxiety and then returning to the internet to watch the world burn some more.

its addictive

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Moral Cruelty and the Left

It delves into Neitzche too, and I'm not sure I got it all 100% correct in my assessment. Reading while working makes it a bit tough to digest, but Tablet has had some strong pieces on this lately. Being a Jewish publication with Holocaust ties and having people who witnessed what happened in the USSR, I would imagine they would feel some real alarm.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Taibi is furious at the Dems for picking Biden over Bernie.

But he is right the left has shown their hypocrisy and has become a mob of sensors in a lot of cases.

But they're no worse than the conservatives who always have been sensors just not of the same kind of sensors and hypocrites as liberals have become.

I think it's good Taibi brings out the hypocrisy and anti-freedom syndrome going around from the left.

Look at these marches, not one liberal in the media called them out and said. They should chill on these marches in light of COVID 19.

It’s a shame the Trump followers don’t apply the same judgment towards Trump as Tailby applies to the left, his usual allies.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Excellent article for the most part.

To me, it highlights the way I try to look at things ... it's not a question of liberal and conservative.

On any question, does does the answer increase the power of the state or the freedom of the individual.

It's a simple rule of thumb, but I'm finding it works for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I knew where the wind was blowing when I read several public health "professionals" declaring that racism was a public health crisis greater than COVID, and that the protests had to be allowed for that reason.

Which is feculence. The virus doesn't care about politics.

I'm getting tired of people telling me what has to happen, honestly. D's or R's or anything in between.

(post by Thenail removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So why is it do you suppose Mr. Disk, that your response to my statements lead off with derisive comments on my mental capabilities and the belief that my world view is ''completely skewed''

But if we take your perspective as you present it, that those toady establishment Republicans are NOT afraid of Trump but rather now see that they need to represent their constituencies better, (a perspective that I do not out of hand reject) what will you do if those constituencies decide to vote Trump out, and possibly the Senate as well?

Will you continue to be as staunch as you appear to be now, that your comprehension of reality is so spot on that the rest of the world has gone completely bonkers? Or will you respect those voters and their wishes?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

They know Trump is going to win.

If he doesn't they will know that the election was rigged.

Let's see how much is talk and how much is real guts.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
On the DU forum, Democratic Underground, they are like the Trump followers, they don't want to acknowledge democratic sins.

I posted a criticism of Susan Rice, one of Biden's potential VPs who under Clinton tried to downplay the Rwanda genocide. They wanted to kick me off the site!

Its documented. Clinton even apologized for it.

And then you read about this Lee Fang guy in the RS article and it's disgusting. A guy gets almost fired for just interviewing a black man who mentions crime in the black community and they blame the report and call him a racist!

F_---in absurd.

Your right 66 its human nature, not conservative versus liberal.

It's being decent and tolerant versus indecent and intolerant.

It has no political face. It has an inhuman and unjust and ignorant face.
edit on 17-6-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Authoritarians very rarely exhibit empathy.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Anyone who thinks Matt Taibbi has shifted his ideology one millimeter should really read a few of his articles.

He's right.

Two logical posts in as many days.

Did someone hack your account?

LOL, no, I'm the same account owner since 2012.

You seem to confuse logic with what you agree with.

Goes right back to projection.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Touche'! Fair enough. I'll answer that.

I'm going to give you a two part answer. First, I will answer your question directly. Second, I will answer your question, but also add in some opinion.

1. Will I respect those voters and their wishes? Yes.

2. Yes, but understand, I take a very dim view of career politicians, hence my views on the both the Senate AND Congress (you only noted the Senate, presumably because you don't have a majority there). So, I would like to think if there is a "cleaning of house" so to speak it would clean out all the corrupt career politicians in general, regardless of what party they belong to. And, there's a whole lot more corrupt democrats than there are republicans, so watch out what ya' wish for on that count. Not saying the republicans are clean by a long shot, but they're definitely outnumbered, certainly in Congress.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

He's right.

You mean like...George Soros?????

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yep. Me to. I would like to see the corruption out og out Congress. I had time to chew on the meat you tossed my way yesterday and it did make me think.

The idea that Trump opened up a hornets nest of phony republican congressmen who were not representing the real conservatives in the party. We can both think of names so I guess we do not need to make a list. The ones I most focus on are the ones who called him out prior to the November victory. How that shut up.

So, my take was that they bowed in fear of Trump, simply put, and you shot back no, they realized their positions were jeopardized because they realized that their constituencies would no longer accept their RINO activities. I accept that but that does make the case that all those conservatives who would now dump those representatives who do not back Trump have all along accepted lack luster conservative reps for ages. You named McCain, I can name many others as I am sure you can as well.

So as that could be the case, we have the voting conservatives to blame for the crapola that has represented them now for a long while. I can look back and suggest that Bush Jr. was not a real conservative but more a puppet for Neo-Cons. I could look back farther and suggest that Daddy Bush was a Neo-Con establishment RINO. By todays standards of Trumpian conservatives, I don't think that either of those observations are too far afield.

I can go back further to Reagan, another mouthpiece for the corporate agenda. A familiar face from movies and soap sales and in he slides to governor of California and on into Washington DC. Offering hand outs left and right to the corporate structure and the birth of the NWO. Hail Reagan. Bosh.

And just for converstation I will say that Clinton was a sham. He rode the wave of digital tech that was going to happen regardless of who was in the White House. He claimed it was because of him. Then into Richie Rich in 2000 who couldn't even beat a weak minded yes man who just rubber stamped the neo-con agenda that was placed before him.

And who could the Republicans put up against Obama? McCain and what's his face, give me a minute here. Mormon boy, aw well it escapes me now. No conservatives there, right? Not as I have come to understand conservatives today.

So that leaves us back to Trump. What I see is Trump coming along and desiring to increase his brand, not necessarily to win the presidency, hires a couple of astute observers of the American political scene. Bannon for one. They advise him of a segment of the American public that is quietly thirsting for a certain message that has either not been brought forth or at least has not been activated though past Republican administrations and campaigns.

Trump and his advisors then crafted a campaign that hit all the talking points that the advisors knew would get him traction with that segment of voters. And it worked, well beyond all their expectations.

I see great similarities between Trump's victory and Obama's . Though they spoke to different constituencies, they both spoke to those who felt disenfranchised. And yeah, sure, I had hope for Obama , but that was short lived. Maybe six months at best.

So Chip. I"m not one in defense of the Democrat Party. They have failed miserably to my mind. Hiking up the shrew wife of a phony liberal was a self righteous ''we be the good guys'', you the bad guys'' attitude. They got smacked just as they needed to be. And have they learned their lesson? Snort. Biden. OMG.

One by one I watched them enter the early race and one by one I watched them drop out and tuck tail to Biden. Sound familiar? Sure does to me. Only one made any sense to me and that was Gabbard and now she seems destined the never was bin.

Ok, I've rambled on long enough. Thanks for the chance to reply to you Mr. Disk.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow, look how wealthy liberals on the Supreme Court have made themselves.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is the magazine who out the Boston bomber on their cover.

And that statement help fuel our current environment.

These liberals really need to be dealt with

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Check out this list of those who have been photographed wearing blackface. Very revealing.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Little kids are very intuitive!

Proof: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Michael Savage been saying leftism is a mental disorder for what, damn near 30 years?

It is just to a point that normal leftist are realizing the frankenstein they created is going to kill them too..

Please get the terminology right.

Leftists are the whack-nut jobs.

Liberals are the sane ones who simply have a different viewpoint.

I can live with liberals. I cannot live with leftists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join