It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to Propose Rolling Back Big Tech’s Legal Immunity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: Dumbass
Thank you for the explanation, I was thinking it would go into that direction.

Btw the whole covid/protest issue could be a cataclyst to enforce just that, true identification for online posting and being held accountable for what is posted. In my Dumbass opinion.

This is what I thought while reading your 2nd paragraph. Just another try to link the username and real name closer together.

Even worse, I say soon voices begin to appear to ask for universal identification. It is draconian how they sell it:

"Your right to identify (nice spin) is violated. You are reliable on the government to issue ID about yourself. Here, take this wireless chip and let us inject it into your palm, so you can finally be freed from tyranny."

What they leave out is that you still will not be able to produce ID, because who will be responsible for issuing it? Right, the government, or even worse, a government paid private company.

Indeed. And now tell the masses that the chip does not judge you on race, register and record every move and have a full digital crime control and you have solved that issue in one go.

It's quite an entertaining topic if we all should not be careful with it. I would not even say a government paid private company. What I see (or how this Dumbass interpreted this) is that privately owned global entities play out political sides toxicly against eachother that both (and thus including the governments) walk into the trap with eyes wide open. It's a powershift we have not seen before. I see a clue in how the issues evolved (or devolved) from global politics and economics -outward- to internal conflicts and issues -inward- which causes the overall picture to be hidden.

But I know myself. I like to make the Dumbass interpretation dramatic.

So to not further derail a section 230 thread I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
Agreed, we have to do an Argus Panoptes on this, just like they are and have to point out these things more often.

Great spin on your nickname by the way.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

I think they shouldn't have had this protection to begin with.

Funny how I only found out they had this kind of protection when Trump wanted to take it away from them.

Pretty pathetic!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Great! except nothing will happen

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

I think that America is repatriating her assets......the Private Ownership of MSM is over now.....it was bought and weaponized against the American People...now it will be returned and it will help the American People remain united and informed as it was intended to do .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"To propose"

They aren't acting on it, they are proposing it as a legislative rule change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join