It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Aunt Jemima

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Whoa good call! Found this place that lets you determine what time of year it was harvested.

Syrup man. There has to syrup.

Alaska Birch Syrup

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nvm. See below.
edit on 6/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: peck420

Whoa good call! Found this place that lets you determine what time of year it was harvested.

Syrup man. There has to syrup.

Alaska Birch Syrup

At $300 a gallon, I won't be using any of that.
I used to love to chew sweet birch twigs in the woods though.
edit on b000000302020-06-17T13:49:14-05:0001America/ChicagoWed, 17 Jun 2020 13:49:14 -0500100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Mrs. Butterworth’s first name Joy btw, was reimaged decades ago and currently uses the red apron as the logo rather than you reimaged face.

But for corn syrup maple syrup substitute, I always used Golden Griddle because is used to be real...long, long ago.

PepsiCo should rename Aunt Jemima "Mrs. Robinson" and put a scantily clad white MILF on the bottle.

The first ad could be "You wanted change."

ETA: Also need to find a way to subtly make clear that she's cis-gendered and straight. Might as well go all in.

ETAA: #, forgot, she has to have a MAGA hat.

or collect the labels for MAGA merchandise.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've got a better idea...they should change the name to...Ain'tcho Daddy!

That oughtta' get some of those SJW's all lathered up and screamin' at the sky!!]
edit on 6/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks, democrats...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Thanks, democrats...

Why am I thanking Dems?? ..are you making that false claim that the southern strategy wasn't a thing??..a thing Reps apologized for??..and let's make something clear, I'm Democrat leaning only because today's Reps are out of their minds and a lot more corrupt , basically I have no place to go.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Be honest. It's the tiny handles you refuse to pay for, isn't it...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Nope, I'm not making any false claims. I'm telling you all of those pictures you posted are from racist democrats.

I'd be interested to know how you only lean democrat because the republicans are out of control though. If that was actually your reasoning then you would be an independent. But it's off topic so we can save that conversation for another thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Bummer . I did not know the brand was based so far in the past after all It could have been a real black women who made real foods and sold the rights to them .
But you guys do understand how capitalism works right ? A company brings out a item and people start buying it over the years peoples ideals and tast change the company then has 2 choices change or go out of business because they get boycott .
The fact that a few reply's are triggered tells people the person cares less about This reality and whats there candy and wants it now .

Coke made the mistake of trying to Modernize the brand NEW COKE Darn near half the country flat out stopped buying and refused to buy the new coke or ANY Coke item . Even went as far as people paying 20 and 30 K for the last few cases left LOLOL .

Some CEO got him self FIRED over that idea and Coke fell all over them self's bring Classic coke back . Here it is 15 or 20 years later No such thing a new coke and No such thing as classic coke They wont make that mistake again .

A for sale Item is based on what most people want most of the time and in this case THEY DON'T want it and seeing how its based off there culture Id say they have as much cause to do this after all you care about is a pancake .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
PS say good by to Mrs BUTTER WORTH .
But if they are being triggered over nothing as many reply's imply then This whole post is over less then nothing as posters get triggered OVER a syrup and pancake mix and Brand ART on the box .

They have a slightly better reason for being triggered then a person crying over losing Some art on a box .
Go save a statue then you may have a real thing to stand on . On the other hand NOT MANY swastikas around any ware and Very little difference in that time and racism in this time .

Just what are these names and statues to you ? Just art Or do they stand for something You believe in ? And if they do what do they stand for ? Freedom for the slaves or the people who fought to keep it ?

For them it stands for the people who fought to keep slavery and wile I don't like the idea of banning things or tearing down history in this case the people most concerned want it . And FACT is You cant even say what any of it miens to you Other then Morning meal

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
At $300 a gallon, I won't be using any of that.
I used to love to chew sweet birch twigs in the woods though.

Don't be cheap, top qualities can and will run you thousands per gallon, lol.

I do have to ask though, is there a conversion I am missing? I am getting $396/gallon (4 @ 32 oz = 128 oz = 1gallon?)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

The irony of this madness around Aunt Jemima is, I personally know people of color who would consciously buy Aunt Jemima over other syrup products like Log Cabin because they identified Aunt Jemima with their cultural heritage more so than Log Cabin! Log Cabin was associated with 'white folk from the NE'. Same thing with Uncle Ben's rice.

Heh, so now, Aunt Jemima just tossed all those customers to the curb. Product identity is a big thing in marketing!

So here we have yet another example of the SJW's (who are not generally not minorities) speaking out on behalf of a group who have never expressed a problem with something previously. In other words, people are creating an issue over something which isn't an issue.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

stereotype of a friendly black woman working

Do they really believe friendliness and industriousness are stereotypes?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Anyone remember Sambo's restaurants?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Thing is, they're changing it because some twit who is ignorant to history made a tik tok video about it being racist. They aren't changing because people don't want to see it. Funny thing is that people who were chowing down on syrup poured from an Aunt Jemima bottle 2 days ago, are now screaming mad because it's racist. They're not very intelligent.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Mite Be flyingclay just mite be at that as for a black person buying it costumers choice some black people just want to be triggered some whites as well . some acutely care about the real issues some don't care at all .
This is real life and in real life every one does not feal the same or even have the same ideals .
after all people looted some black some white some other races just Criminals taking advantage of a time they could .
Have been thous types in every race and always will be .

But this is not about one person or even a segment of a group but the fact that Millions of people of all colors are protesting and seam to be wanting to change the images they perceive from these things .

I find it really hard to believe millions are doing it just to be triggered . But I do believe this post is nothing more then poster who want to be triggered . But they can prove other wise by showing what these things really mien to them other then art or statues .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Anyone remember Sambo's restaurants?

Didn't they go bankrupt after they changed their name and mascot? Almost seems like they should have stayed the course and kept their name as it was...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Didn't they go bankrupt after they changed their name and mascot?

That didn't happen for quite a while afterward. Even after they changed the name back.

In 1979, Sambo's had 1,117 outlets in 47 American states. Additional corporate level decisions made at the time also led to Sambo's corporate demise. Pressure to take Sambo's into a more normal, salaried manager compensation package was one issue. Their unique "Fraction of the Action" promotion – whereby managers were entitled to 20% of the profits from their stores, with employees allowed to bid for a percentage of the remaining profits – was an early company expansion plan, and the growth of the company outpaced its control.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Uncle bens rice next?

Cream of “buck” wheat...ha

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join