It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DL Hughgly talk radio show madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman
Say what you want there are more of me than those that used Mr. Floyd's death for political purpose.

Well, in that case, I can't wait for the race war. When you headed out to do your part Mr. Internet Tough Guy? You start hunting your enemies yet?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mailman

im a white dude. considered "pillar of the community" type of guy. Middle aged.

I agree...you never know which cop is going to pull you over on which day. The majority of interactions have been extremely friendly and positive. But i had 2, with one cop, that traumatized me. Literally. And my response to all policemen, because of that, is negative.

It sucks...but one bad apple actually can spoil the bunch. It did for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So the riddle raised by the radio host is easily solved.

If you self quarantine you won't meet people and don't catch Covid nor can a cop pull you over in your house as you won't be driving in your house.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You are obviously unfamiliar with D L Hughley.

He is highly intelligent and politically knowledgeable.

He's been a guest panelist on several politically focused talk shows.

Another poster mentioned Triggered - - that seems accurate to me.

I don't understand your outrage.

edit on 17-6-2020 by Annee because: SPELLING

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Identity politics. The dude talks about stuff that concerns his audience, and gets good feedback, and is mocked for it.

Some folks really are scared by it. A fear campaign made sure of that. And if you live in a city your risk actually IS higher, so i get the fear of the urban folks.

I just wish they'd have not killed the whole country thinking that NYC represented all 300mil of us.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Mailman

It sucks...but one bad apple actually can spoil the bunch. It did for me.

Me too.

This yahoo wannabe security guard called in to report me as a drunk driver (I don't drink). Then proceeded to tailgate me, almost causing an accident, until I reached my business. Then pulled in behind me to block me.

Several cop cars drive in behind him.

What pissed me off is - - they wouldn't let me talk. They would not let me explain what actually happened. A simple conversation would have cleared things up. But, NO! The guy that reported me was in "uniform".

2 of them, as a tag team, just "fire peppered" me with questions - - waiting for me to trip up. I didn't. Because I had nothing to hide. If that's their training - - it's wrong.

First off, it was dark in a rural area, and I'm a middle aged woman alone. My crime? I pulled out of a residence onto a narrow road that had no shoulder and went too far over the center line. I "swerved" to get back to the right side.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Annee

Identity politics. The dude talks about stuff that concerns his audience, and gets good feedback, and is mocked for it.

Some folks really are scared by it. A fear campaign made sure of that. And if you live in a city your risk actually IS higher, so i get the fear of the urban folks.

I just wish they'd have not killed the whole country thinking that NYC represented all 300mil of us.

I'm born and raised Los Angeles suburbs (actually born in Compton).

I know what you mean. The Watt's riot was actually a small area. The National Guard surrounded the area, containing the area, and basically left them alone as long as they didn't try to take it elsewhere. A couple outer events were squashed quickly. But, the media made it look like all of Los Angeles was at war.

In my late 40's I moved to SW Arizona. We're having our Covid crises. But, finally, most people are now wearing a mask.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm a white dude. considered "pillar of the community" type of guy. Middle aged. ...The majority of interactions have been extremely friendly and positive. But i had 2, with one cop, that traumatized me. Literally. And my response to all policemen, because of that, is negative.

This is a point lost to many scoffing white people, being that most middle class (or higher) white people aren't traumatized by police. But it can and does happen, to guilty and innocent alike. It can happen anytime one person is given power over another.

I get the shakes when I see police and I'm a nerdy white guy from a "good" family. I have white friends from poor backgrounds who have a highly unfavorable view of police.

So imagine the experiences of lower income minorities all the friggan time.

I have experienced the mostly unsaid, but understood, credo of much white suburbia, being "the poor and less than civilized need a strong arm to keep them under control." I don't think it's intelligent, correct, prudent or moral.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Many of my old friends are dead in or out of jail warrants records. My one old friend is county's most wanted.
I had many close calls but was lucky.

I still think most cops are good.
I think that there shouldn't be white cops in certain areas. Simple as that. Do more to keep the police from responding in your neighborhood. Then business owners appear, Jobs. Freedom.

Too many images of white kids at these protests. Real black America is smarter than this. Most of them are watching this and know it's not real. But many young people won't hesitate to be a part of something just to make a friend.

They want to take your rights too not just mine. Trump 2020!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join