It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis and Inception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sleep Paralysis: Since your dreams may involve you moving and walking around, your brain shuts down communication to your muscles during REM, or dreaming, sleep so you don't actually move and walk around when you should be in bed.

Some individuals who experience sleep Paralysis end up believing they are being held down by a force, a spirit, a demon, even aliens.

This is my story about experiencing sleep paralysis.

So a few days ago I finished work At 6pm and since I was working from home I decided to lay on my bed. I was tired.

Now, I am going to explain it in what I consider factual terms after having experienced it and understanding the experience after it has happened.

So in my eyes what occurred was this:

I laid on my bed and covered myself with my blankets. I was tired and I ended up falling asleep and started dreaming.

What I dreamt was this:

I was awake lying on my bed trying to get to sleep.

That was the dream I was having. Like the movie inception. I didn’t know that I was dreaming being awake and trying to get some sleep. I thought that I was awake and trying to get some sleep.

Next thing you know I think that a spirit like a ghostly spirit has entered my room and is now wrapping itself around me and holding me still. Holding me legs, holding my arms, holding my body, holding my head still. It is ridiculously hard to even move my body parts a little bit. Maybe a little bit of hand movement. I can try to yell out or talk but it is quite difficult. I am also so very, very comfy in that position even though I do not like that I have the thought of being held in that position by some ghost! Since I am so comfortable in that position I know that I am going to go to sleep and have a dream and then a dream happens, and eventually I wake up from that dream. But then I get the feeling of the ghost coming back and holding me on my bed and it’s super annoying and horrible, and I fall into another dream, and I eventually wake up from that dream but the ghost comes back and holds me again and I can’t move, and I am trying not to fall back asleep again (even though in actual fact I am dreaming this the whole time), and I’m struggling to stay awake and try to wake myself up if I do fall into a dream. I’m trying to do something to make sure that if I do fall asleep I will wake up. I feel like I fell asleep with my phone in my hand so I am trying to speak and say “hey Siri set an alarm for 1 minutes time.”, “ hey Siri turn on the flashlight” and yet nothing happens because Siri is a horrible AI. I try those things multiple times. Nothing happens. I think I even manage to slap myself on the cheek but all I hear is the sound and I am not waking up. I try calling out for my Mum and dad to help me, repeatedly, and have a vision of them walking past my room. ( even though I don’t live with my parents anymore), and I have a vision of my dad walking into my room and looking at me thinking wtf is going on... and I’m still calling out “ help me dad, help me, I’m being held down help me”.

And it is then that I am in such a panic and distress that I actually wake up, realise where I am, and that I was dreaming it all like inception. I’m angry and posed off and I know it was just a nightmare and I certainly aren’t going back to bed for a few more hours.

So there you have it

I think perhaps some people who experience being held down like that may inception themselves in their dreams.

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone who has experienced sleep Paralysis but damn it’s not a nice feeling.

I have experienced it before with the ghostly presence holding me down and trying to wake back up and you just get so comfy you end up falling back into a dream, and then you think you actually DID wake back up but that turns out to be a dream too. I swear it’s like you inception yourself a few times sometimes.

Crazy. Anyways. Thanks for reading. Have a good day

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

I used to get really bad Sleep Paralysis a few decades ago, but that was down to the misuse of amphetamine and staying up for weeks on end.

Crazy is one way of putting it, not a nice experience, ile say that.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I've had it before coupled with a nightmare. It sucks if something is attacking you and you can't move. You're dreaming that you're still awake essentially, in the exact spot which you're asleep in so it seems like you're paralyzed.

It happened similarly to what you describe: I dreamt that I was falling asleep in the place that I was asleep in; the bed. In other words, in the dream, I'm in the bed falling asleep even though I'm already asleep. Then, the small black creature manifests in my bed, walking around and growling, yet I can't move.

I have two black chihuahuas and it was during a stressful and depressed period of my life because of circumstances, so that was the stimuli for the nightmare. It would eventually start attacking me while I couldn't move.

There were no spirits or demons involved though, it was just my mind. As humans, we try to find meaning and cause in everything. These dreams are traumatic and profound so we chalk it up to demons, ghosts, and aliens. However, there's nothing on the other end being an antagonist causing this to happen except ourselves. That's far too much for most people to be able to accept or even consider.
edit on 17-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What if the demon IS real and all you are doing now is dismissing it out of hand?

What if it feeds on your fear?

What if you only remember one time out of hundreds?

Sleep tight tonight!

P

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What if the demon IS real and all you are doing now is dismissing it out of hand?

What if it feeds on your fear?

What if you only remember one time out of hundreds?

Sleep tight tonight!

P

Then it's a pretty lame demon, shame on it. Of all the things it could be doing and influencing, it's existence merely revolves around giving someone bad dreams that they shrug off when they wake up from them.

That's why I be like "In the name of Jesus Christ!" because Jesus takes a personal interest in me just like the demon does, even though I'm nothing special and just going to bed before another typical day. They do this for several millions, dare I say a billion people every night. The most important and influential like the president, business leaders, and congress are excluded though.

If they weren't, Trump would be too bent out of shape to do his job and go on twitter rants.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I have sleep apnea and sleep paralysis,

Most nights i wake up at least ten times because my blood veins and brains are trying to explode, when i open my eyes, there are two things that usually happens,

1. The room is filled with light even when its dark, there are these really cool wooden furniture everywhere, wine and candles. Then the darkness returns and i can breathe.

2. Frightening creatures crawl around the walls and ceiling and going around the room, usually ends when something gets near my face, then they fade in to nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah that’s what I’m saying. It might feel like a ghost or spirit but it’s just your body making sure you don’t move whilst asleep and dreaming. Feels freaky and does feel comfortable... but also in nerving and freaky at the same time in some instances. Can be hard to wake from. You might think you wake from them and then you feel some ghostly presence again holding you down whilst you go off into another fream

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have sleep apnea but I use an auto-PAP and usually sleep like a baby. My wife however, is a different story. She started having insomnia as menopause set in and has to take Ambien to sleep. Even then it's a restless sleep, at times flailing her arms and sometimes legs. It makes it more of a defensive sleep for me some nights. She has told me that sometimes she's dreaming about being attacked and can't do anything to get away, but has figured out how to wake herself up from those. Sometimes she screams, other times she talks jibberish. Once in a while a very clear "F..." comes out which is actually funny.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've previously posted my sleep paralysis experiences on this site, so not going to go into to much detail.
Usually when I awake now in a sleep paralysis state I'm pretty chilled because it's happened before and I know why it's happening and that there is nothing to fear.

It's still not fun though.
Tip: never drink apple juice before bed, you're gonna have a bad time.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say. Almost this exact same thing happened to me last week. Like I literally couldn't have written your post EXCEPT for where you were "calling out" to your mom and dad, I was calling out to my husband. BIZARRE. At the risk of sounding totally insane, makes me wonder if someone could be remotely "screwing" with some of us...

edit on 17-6-2020 by nicevillegrl because: eta

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Well that’s nuts. Who knows maybe we are being played with somehow.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Its all a game mate.

Just one with severe consequences where our actions are concerned.

And not one that's in any way fair or winnable in the here and now given our very mortal existence.

Are we more than the sum of our parts is the real question?

And that remains to be answered in any sort of meaningful manner.

new topics

top topics

join