It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictably Evil Democrats - U.S. Employment Improves...So they Reboot Covid-19 Fear and Hysteria.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

With the latest rabidness, you have a lot people caught in a bad place. You have lives, livelihoods, caught in the balance. Say the wrong thing and you are out on your ear with no expectation that it could get better anytime soon. That history will follow you.

And this time, it doesn't even have to be anything controversial either. There are people getting chucked simply for not approving the message enough or for thinking their jobs meant something other than coworkers did (NYT editorial editor or a data analyst who dared to mention a study about violent protests possibly pushing Nixon to victory).

Very few can put themselves in a position to be martyred easily and thus provide that brave example for the rest to follow. If it doesn't work, the stakes are awfully high.

edit on 17-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is very, very true.

Personally, I am in a position where I feel I can talk about it more openly. I was already excommunicated from many of those social groups years ago, and dont necessarily have a boss to worry about.

So, I speak out as much as I can. The message probably gets lost in verbosity, but.. meh.

The question is though: Where is it all actually going? Might the consequences for not speaking out be worse? I really think they might..

Maybe the best course would be for more and more to speak out in anonymity, until it feels a bit "safer" to make the poignant move to do it openly and publically. With modern communications, something like that can gain momentum in a matter of days.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think the key would be to coordinate speaking out and fighting back.

The problem is that when you respect the idea of rules and the rule of law, it gets hard to fight those who use it against you like the left is. Right now, they control the platforms.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think a coordinated campaign would probably yield a good amount of success. A shock to the system like that can be very effective.

I think a lot of it is about perception too. The perception is that "they are everywhere!" And they certainly do hold a lot of power.. But, great efforts have been made to create the perception of that massive presence through those exact platforms. It doesnt take much to do so, just sort of push non-Monolith voices down and Monolith Approved voices up. Traffic will take care of the rest.

I would think that older tactics could work in that regard too; flyers, ads (where possible), etc. Sounds a bit silly, perhaps, but negating this manufactured perception that "you are alone" is powerful.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The other problem is that of convincing those who would other wise fight this with us that just because they're marching with us on this doesn't mean they have suddenly become right wing or Trump supporters too.

Right now, we're seeing this kind of alignment with women and the transmovement. You have some feminists and lesbians admitting that the threat to women in general and legally protected female spaces is bigger than their disagreements with conservative women and religious women, but it took a while for that shift to start and to start gaining steam. The old disagreements are still there, but this current issue threatens who we actually are on a physical level.

You want to be reduced legally to pre-Victorian times? This is how we go there, and people are waking up to it.

We have to see a similar shift between liberals/conservatives to understand this is a very real threat to both as they exist and understand things and a reason to ally and fight it together. You can see a few almost waking up to that here and then they back off.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see it differently than many of you, I know.

What I see is that we have been ground down over the last five or six decades to the point where are literally having reality manufactured for us on a daily basis. We have had multiple large-scale events designed to be so confusing and complicated and contradictory that we have to accept paradox as the best we can do. True and not true at the same time. Kennedy Assassination. 9/11. Eroding the confidence of individuals in believing what they see with their own eyes. You can't believe anything "they" tell you, but you are completely immersed and embedded in what they tell you 24/7/365.

Then, they start to tell two totally opposing narratives. It doesn't even matter if the sides switch every few years, because the sides don't mean anything. The Democrats and Republicans are owned by the same masters. The right-wing and left-wing media are as well.

And the amazing thing is that there's only a small core of people that have to be "in on it." After that, peopleI ca naturally start choosing sides because of our innate primate xenophobia.

All the while every end of every solution tells us that we cannot trust the other side, we can't trust ourselves, we can't trust the government, we can't trust the police, we can't trust other Americans.

I can hope that their intention is merely to control us while they do whatever it is they're doing. It seems that we all have value to them somehow, some way.

Maybe we are batteries ... or food.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not batteries or food, it's far worse than that, we aren't even pets, we're toys, and not even prized toys, we're the dime a dozen plastic soldiers little Billy used to melt with a magnifying glass or step on over and over again to see what it took to break them. We exist for their pleasure and amusement.
edit on 6/17/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Were you paying attention to the move that Google put out on ZeroHedge and The Federalist? NBC authored a hit piece decrying them both as racist, and Google threatened to demonetize them. Now ZeroHedge is out there, but The Federalist does some solid journalist and has some fairly big names there. Sure, it's right leaning, but I'd put it against something like The Daily Beast or The Hill easy.

Google force them to remove their comments section.

Now, I know that doesn't sound all that important, but go back and think about it. How many actual press sites allow comments: NBC, CNN, ABC ... not many do or maybe only on certain selected pieces if they do. Many leftist blogs are very, tightly controlled. Say the wrong thing even a few times, and they are liable to ban you unless you are very, very careful.

Right leaning blogs are far less controlling on who can post. There comments are far looser. So you do get more discussion like you would see here although there is a lot of straight up trolling, but it also allows people to feel they are not alone ... there are other people out there who think like you do and share your views and beliefs.

Ban the comments and you isolate regular people again and stop them talking to each other. They stop realizing they aren't alone. They stop sharing information.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Not batteries or food, it's far worse than that, we aren't even pets, we're toys, and not even prized toys, the dime a dozen plastic soldiers little Billy used to melt with a magnifying glass or step on over and over again to see what it took to break them.

Absolutely on an individual basis.

Sometimes we seem to have some value en masse. Some times we seem to be game pieces. I have no idea.

I know that the only logical response I've found is to become as self-reliant as possible and stop trusting anyone who cares more about the state than about individuals.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It's not value you're seeing, it a small bit of fear and trepidation. On some level they realize those toy soldiers can become real soldiers and take control of which direction they point their rifles.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well, here's the thing. Google is a private company. If we start using the government to control private companies, where does it end. Yes, that's a slippery slope argument but we're standing on oily ice.

Here's the thing. If it's NEWS it needs to be factual. It's fraud for content to be labled as NEWS if it's not factual and backed with evidence that would hold up in court. Protecting the public from fraud is one of the few things I believe government should be doing, but I don't want the cure to be worse than the disease.

You seem to feel that opinion sections are more important than I do, and unsurprisingly to either of us I'm sure, we disagree about who the victims are. There are other search products besides Google. There are multiple ways for people to communicate with each other. Our tribalism is not in danger, because the powers that be NEED us fighting with each other.

One thing I absolutely do agree with you about is that we are being made to feel, as a people, as a country, as a civilization like we can't believe anything we see, hear or read. We are all being demoralized.
edit on 17-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It wasn't for the piece. Google attacked them over the comments section. It's a joke because Google must not look at the YouTube video commentary.

edit on 17-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Seeing things differently aint a bad thing.

That said, it seems you are telling pretty much the same Story, just from a bit different perspective.

The only major difference there is that I dont believe there are two narratives for the different "sides." I believe the primary target is the "left," and the "right" reacts to it. This serves multiple purposes, but the relevant one here is that it coalesces what the "left" believes and puts everyone who reacts differently into the category of "one of them" (do it enough, and it sticks). So, the Narrative is created for the left, and the right reacts.

Very generalized, of course.

Importantly though, the majority of TV networks target the "left." The only one that doesnt tow this line is Fox, but arguably, they are controlled opposition. What this creates, alongside other information channels, is the perception of being "centrist" by watching, say, NBC news.

It is my opinion that none of this particularly fits in the traditional political spectrum though. Its more.. Corporate Caliphate vs everyone else.

Regardless, we all tend to talk about what they tell us to talk about. Agree, disagree, partially agree, partially disagree.. Its all the same; we are talking about their Stories.

At this point in civilization, Im mostly of the mind that all of these organizations, politicians, corporations, etc. are unnecessary middlemen in our interactions with each other and even the overall operation of society as a whole.

Its like.. "They" have been the translator between two people speaking a different language. That translator used the situation to benefit themselves with everything from subtle changes to outright lies. As the two people started to talk to each other directly, the translator jumped in and sowed discord and confusion in order to retain relevance, influence, and control. The translators entire empire is predicated on the two people never learning how to communicate or work together directly.

At one point in history, it served an incredibly important purpose though.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What is the message that both sides support 99% of the time: obey the government.

On the right it's "law and order" on the left it's "rule of law."

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I would say its more "obey the corporate-political structure," or "obey the monolith."

The corpolitical structure says you riot, you riot. Corpolitical structure says "experts say X," you better not question it or you hate #Science. Corpolitical structure says you tear down the system, you tear the down the system. If the corpolitical system doesnt mention something, then it is irrelevant.

Otherwise, you are the enemy. A single moment of dissent can get you labeled "one of them." There are no actual standards other than total compliance and that the monolith defines what "is" or "is not," in that moment.

It puts the rest of us in a difficult spot, when attempting to fight it within the same corporate-political structure. Its a completely new form of conflict/war that the world has never seen before.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Right, but the urge to control and dominate others is not merely a characteristic of the corporate PTB, it's a characteristic of all of us.

The urge to control and dominate for a few pushes them into seeking leadership positions. That urge for most people is to glorify the individuals and systems that enforce their will over other people.

There are a few people, fewer every day it seems, who just want to live their lives free from domination from government or from other people.

Does the question favor the power of the state or the freedom of the individual?

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It certainly isnt exclusive to the corporate PTB, which is why I call it "corporate-political"

Corporations, however, give all of the power and influence of a traditional government, with some tradeoffs. They likely wont have a standing army, unless they can turn the population into one. They cant directly enact legislation and law, unless they can foster behavioral loops that accomplish the same thing. The corporate-political system simply uses whatever avenue is easiest to achieve the same end. In other words, Pelosi & Bill Gates (two examples) are part of the corporate-political system.

This is the new face of governance (note.. NOT "government")

Just saw this vid with a guy describing his take on this conflict:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Perhaps the best way I can think to describe it:

The "Police State" is both a distraction *and* a threat. Its a traditonal means of control, and if it works.. great.

However..

The same control functionality can be achieved through corporate means, generally under the auspices of "safety." Most will shrug and say "its a private business!"

But, by using the corporate arm of the corpolitical system.. They can essentially bypass anything like the Constitution with ease, and have willing participation from the public. Or, at the very least.. ambivalence.

As long as most are looking for the threat from one arm or the other, while both arms are reaching for the same goal, the corpolitical system can easily grab what they want.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What is the message that both sides support 99% of the time: obey the government.

On the right it's "law and order" on the left it's "rule of law."

So both sides have the word "law" in common. Cool.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Well then it seems that Schiff was making up his numbers.

edit on 18-6-2020 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join