It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cases surge in Florida where governor opposes another shutdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MRinder

Nice try.

Maybe we should lock in people over 70 and have food delivered to them.

Lock in?

Oh for Christ sake.. It's a figure of speech. We should let them stay home and facilitate their staying at home safely... Meals on wheels and delivering essentials

ETA.. ok I did use the phrase lock up a lot.. I meant self imposed sheltering.. not imprisonment lol
edit on 16-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Death rate stays flat weird.....not

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I wear a mask when I am in public to put people at ease same thing with the six foot.

Good. I said:

(not you, of course)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

We should let them stay home and facilitate their staying at home safely... Meals on wheels and delivering essentials

I think that's being done. If not by the government, by their neighbors.

But old people can get ornery. Had a hard time getting my dad to quit driving, even after he lost his license.

edit on 6/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

We should let them stay home and facilitate their staying at home safely... Meals on wheels and delivering essentials

I think that's being done. If not by the government, by their neighbors.

But old people can get ornery. Had a hard time getting my dad to quit driving.

Lol.. they can be ornery and you should let him be. It's probably all he has left that he really enjoys. Getting old sucks.

I visited my mom at the nursing home a few times a week before this . And I realized there were a lot of worse things than dying.
edit on 16-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

He died a while ago.

He finally quit driving after he almost killed someone. He could hardly see.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

He died a while ago.

He finally quit driving after he almost killed someone. He could hardly see.

Sorry for your loss. I love people like him who won't give stuff up. They want to be free.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

So we have no choice but to soldier on.

There are several choices, actually, when the situation allows it.
1) Avoid large groups of people, particularly indoors.
2) Cover mouths and noses.
3) Implement contact tracing in connection with testing.

Of course, these things are too intrusive. Too annoying.

I'm not convinced that the economic and social impacts of mitigation efforts are substantially worse than the alternative. And let's not forget that more than 100,000 people have died in the past three months. Of course, some of them would have died anyway, so who cares?

And there it is! "who cares?" Nevermind that we were told back in February/March that those people were going to die no matter what, it was just a matter of time but! we could 'slow the spread' so that medical infrastructure wouldn't be overwhelmed...

Honestly, are you happy it's just 100,000 compared to what all those experts were telling us? We had 2.2 million dead people walking! It's still a tragedy, but we've only lost 4.5% of what we were told was going to happen.

Maybe you should save the Who Cares? guilt trip for when we hit the 2,200,001st death? In the meantime, it's obvious that we cared because we shot our economy and employment numbers in the foot to save 95.5% of all those 'dead people walking.' We cared enough to modify our lives and children's lives for months. We cared enough to stay home instead of going on vacations and road trips.

Maybe you should go to all those BLM 'protesters' and rioters who were mingling closer than 6 feet and shouting unmasked in close proximity to each other, why they don't care about each other's health? I believe it's been stated that breathing irritants like tear gas and pepper spray made the COVID worse for them, if they exhibited signed.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nevermind that we were told back in February/March that those people were going to die no matter what

Good thing nobody did.

Honestly, are you happy it's just 100,000 compared to what all those experts were telling us? We had 2.2 million dead people walking!

Yes, if no mitigation measures had been taken that was a projection. Mitigation measures were taken, the numbers changed.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

people got their stimulus and beefed up unemployment checks and spent it like it was black Friday so I wouldn't doubt it if it did boost the economy.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Not me.

My ex got shafted because we alternate years for our daughter. I split the difference with her and banked the rest.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
All the old people, over seventy, figured they should go out to a restaurant one more time before they die. So of course cases are going to rise, same with deaths. If I was over seventy, why would I want my last few years to be bottlenecked with fear and seclusion...boring as hell? The vaccines they are working on are pretty worthless, only the part that dampens over response seems to be working...that can be given without spending billions on the vaccine development. The government now is saying it will just lower worst case scenarios at best.

I want to spend time with my family before I die. I do not want to die in the hospital bed alone, I have visited relatives in hospitals for over fifty years when they are sick, Except when they were tired out, they loved the company. I won't even go into the hospital if I am having heart attack symptoms, I would rather just stay at home and have the wife call the kids if they are not allowed to come see me in the hospital. The answer is NO....I will not go.

My wife is aware of how I feel, she doesn't want to go there alone either, it is bad enough that they do not allow the cats to visit. But she will probably go to the hospital, but I won't. Now if things go back to normal, no problem, I will go in....but not till then.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Your going to feel really stupid when your not even talking about this in a year or two. I less you doing this on purpose, then you'll probably just dramatize something new. Save it for the theatre stage please.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You're.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust
"CASES" don't mean squat unless a person dies. Just like pneumonia, flu, hepatitis, and other contagious diseases. Any of us can go to a hospital (physical or mental) and be diagnosed with a "CASE" of something.

Except in the case of Covid, even after recovery there can be long-term damage to various tissues and organs in the body.

This is something the American news is leaving out. It's very true about the long-term damage. Many people in their 40's here that required hospitalization, then released, have not fully recovered and lung damage seems to be the number one of people not being able to go back to work.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Damn it, my bad. I failed to notice what the auto correct would not have fixed. I am appropriately ashamed and will proceed to cancel myself.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
More testing is going to lead to new cases. The number of new cases is what some are using to justify more shutdowns.
However, new cases does not correlate into more hospitalizations or more death. It just means more people have the Wuhan virus anti bodies and are feeling no effects or minor effects from the virus.
New hospitalizations,from the virus, are steadily declining all over the nation.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob350

More testing is going to lead to new cases.

Right. So stop testing and the viola. Problem gone.

What explains the fact that the ratio of positive tests to negative tests is rising in Florida and other places? It would seem to indicate that the infection rate is rising, would it not?

New hospitalizations,from the virus, are steadily declining all over the nation.
I wouldn't rely on the CDC for current information but yes, on a nationwide average things are slowly easing, the fact that New York has improved a great deal has something to do with this since its numbers were dominant for a long while. This is not the case everywhere.

Texas, for example:
www.tmc.edu...
edit on 6/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Cut your fear mongering horsecrap man.

Do you have a count of available hospital beds in Florida? If you don't, then your comments go beyond asinine.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

as a man of science, I have to ask you why you are pretending that testing even matters? What is the error rate on that test? Something like 50/50?

If we don't have a test that is at least 95%, then testing anyone is simply shoving something up their nose to make them suffer needlessly. I.e., driving the fear factor into Americans for no meaningful gain.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join