It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Mayor Wants To Remove Statue Of Lincoln Freeing Slaves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Are there statues of Presidents "emancipating" other prisoners? Lots of them have been freed over the decades.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Took down Columbus statue in Detroit today

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
I replied by going out on the porch and cleaning a few of my guns so that the neighbors can see. Platon was right, those that should be in power are also the ones that know better then to be in power.

Sad to say, but you are a wise man.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Optics? Hillary? Boston mayor?

Got it!

Thanks for showing everyone Hillary's 'orgasm' face without a warning.

That's gonna take a half dozen martinis to remove from my brain.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
... I have heard from a couple of different fairly reliable radio personalities that BLM and Antifa have one ultimate goal, not a change but the actual destruction of the country followed by a rebirth in a fashion they believe is good. ...

The first part is true, the second part not so much.

There is nothing constructive in this movement. It is all about destruction.

In order to have a forward looking plan for any kind of perceived improvement (even if it's an improvement that I don't agree with), there must be come kind of philosophical mooring from which to work. They do not have this. They only want and think of destruction.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Guyfriday
I replied by going out on the porch and cleaning a few of my guns so that the neighbors can see. Platon was right, those that should be in power are also the ones that know better then to be in power.

Sad to say, but you are a wise man.

And THAT is the most depressing thing I read all day, and I read about he poor little girl who tried to save the kittens that were tossed into the river. They found her broken little body on the rivers edge next to the sack of dead kittens (ok the kitten girl story isn't real, oh god I hope not, but still me wise? Only my ass, only my ass)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Bad idea! If it wasn't for Christopher Columbus, today's African Americans would not exist.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
They took down a Jefferson one too.

I guess they ignored how many 'black' children he fathered.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is there any statues of Anthony Johnson anywhere, and has those been defaced or removed? For those of you not in the know, Johnson was the countries first person to legally have have a person labeled "Slave".
About Anthony Johnson
From: WIKI Yes I know it's wiki, but I'm going to be very lazy about things today.

He became a successful farmer. In 1651 he owned 250 acres (100 ha), and the services of five indentured servants (four white and one black). In 1653, John Casor, a black indentured servant whose contract Johnson appeared to have bought in the early 1640s, approached Captain Goldsmith, claiming his indenture had expired seven years earlier and that he was being held illegally by Johnson. A neighbor, Robert Parker, intervened and persuaded Johnson to free Casor.

Parker offered Casor work, and he signed a term of indenture to the planter. Johnson sued Parker in the Northampton Court in 1654 for the return of Casor. The court initially found in favor of Parker, but Johnson appealed. In 1655, the court reversed its ruling. Finding that Anthony Johnson still "owned" John Casor, the court ordered that he be returned with the court dues paid by Robert Parker.

This was the first instance of a judicial determination in the Thirteen Colonies holding that a person who had committed no crime could be held in servitude for life.

Though Casor was the first person declared a slave in a civil case, there were both black and white indentured servants sentenced to lifetime servitude before him. Many historians describe indentured servant John Punch as the first documented slave (or slave for life) in America, as punishment for escaping in 1640. Punch was required to "serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life here or elsewhere". The Punch case was significant because it established the disparity between his sentence as a negro and that of the two European indentured servants who escaped with him (one described as Dutch and one as a Scotsman). It is the first documented case in Virginia of an African sentenced to lifetime servitude. It is considered one of the first legal cases to make a racial distinction between black and white indentured servants.

So without the lawsuit brought up and eventually won by Johnson, the term and ideals of a "Slave" would probably never have been introduced into the new country. Where's the outrage about him, where's the outrage about his guy and his family name, where's his statues getting torn down (if he has any)? I Ask you all that.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They're just getting started.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Optics? Hillary? Boston mayor?

Got it!

Thanks for showing everyone Hillary's 'orgasm' face without a warning.

Way ahead

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder how they would feel about removing just the slave, and leaving Lincoln there?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Democrats going full tilt batcrap crazy any means necessary !

They've all lost millions in graft donations ! 🤬🤓

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I wonder how they would feel about removing just the slave, and leaving Lincoln there?

They want whole kitten Kaboodle.

Just like tech companies are now being forced to rename Master/slave hard drives.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Yeah, I went there.

Poor statue. It cain't breave.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Habs2133
a reply to: highvein

yeah i was prepared to be outraged by this....but have to admit it does not look great. Perhaps replace it it with something that has a better freedom look to it?

“It's supposed to represent freedom but instead represents us still beneath someone else.
My problem is with the person in front of him, the person that's supposed to represent me and my people. He's not clothed, he's in chains, it's just not a good representation for something that's supposed to represent equality and the Emancipation Proclamation."

Obvious answer is obvious... remove the freed slave from the pedestal, cover the chains, slap a shirt and trousers onto him, and then perch him atop remaining Lincoln's head.

edit on 16-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

yeah i was prepared to be outraged by this....but have to admit it does not look great. Perhaps replace it it with something that has a better freedom look to it?

“It's supposed to represent freedom but instead represents us still beneath someone else.
My problem is with the person in front of him, the person that's supposed to represent me and my people. He's not clothed, he's in chains, it's just not a good representation for something that's supposed to represent equality and the Emancipation Proclamation."

Obvious answer is obvious... remove the freed slave from the pedestal, cover the chains, slap a shirt and trousers onto him, and then perch him atop remaining Lincoln's head.

WAAAAAAY TOO COMPLICATED.
Just switch the two heads.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

WAAAAAAY TOO COMPLICATED.
Just switch the two heads.

...Just make sure someone tells the John Wilkes Booth statue a change has occurred, or we're gonna have statues rioting in the streets after he accidentally shoots the wrong one.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Democrats hate Lincoln because he was a Republican and won a war that took away their slaves.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

This is disgusting, and has gone too far.

I think this situation (and many others like it ) are actually a result of these SJWs' culture of being instantly outraged and offended by everything they see. At this point its like they are just going out trying to be offended and throw a fit about anything they can find to make a fuss about. Then using their outrage as entitlment to destroy history and whatever else their attention is drawn to. HE'S FREEING THE SLAVES!.

How else are you going to represent the president personally freeing slaves from chains and bondage, in a statue, than this. Are we forever going to allow these overly sensitive and easily upset crybabys to tear down monuments and history ? If freed slaves helped fund it and wanted it there what makes this generation think they know better, or have any place to desecrate their monument.

We should harden the next generation of children against being so easily outraged by anything that someone is offended by...

Believe you me that there is a deliberate agenda at work behind all this which has resulted in them just becoming pawns in this, nothing more.

-Driver

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join