It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Mayor Wants To Remove Statue Of Lincoln Freeing Slaves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
WARNING:
Avert thine eyes...the following photo may offend some Leftists...

THIS is getting ridiculous.
So NOW, a statue of Abe Lincoln needs to go...so says the Leftist Mayor of Boston, Mass.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh (D) is supporting a petition, started by offended and outraged Boston Lefists, to take down the statue, memorializing The Emancipation Proclamation and depicting Republican President, Abraham Lincoln freeing a kneeling slave.

According to the petition's originator:

“It's supposed to represent freedom but instead represents us still beneath someone else.
My problem is with the person in front of him, the person that's supposed to represent me and my people. He's not clothed, he's in chains, it's just not a good representation for something that's supposed to represent equality and the Emancipation Proclamation."

In the petition, Bullock wrote: "I would always ask myself: 'If he's free why is he still on his knees?' No kid should have to ask themselves that question anymore."

The offending statue has stood on Park Square for over 140 years and is a replica of the original in Washington DC, commissioned by donations from freed slaves.

www.foxnews.com...
www.breitbart.com...

There we have it.
In the current Leftist madness to destroy and remove any and every statue the Left deems to be "Racist"...not even 'The Great Emancipator', Abe Lincoln is to be spared.

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My sources tell me that the only reason the black figure is kneeling, is because the National Anthem was playing.

Yeah, I went there.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well he was a republican so he’s gotsta go.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Abe Lincoln would probably have been a great basketball player.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The optics of the statue are not that good. I can see why.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Well he was a republican so he’s gotsta go.

Killed by a Racist Democrat too.
Not a good contribution to today's Leftist narrative.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

yeah i was prepared to be outraged by this....but have to admit it does not look great. Perhaps replace it it with something that has a better freedom look to it?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My sources tell me that the only reason the black figure is kneeling, is because the National Anthem was playing.

Yeah, I went there.

Are implying the Colin Capers Neck wasn't original? I find that offensive... off to the re-education camps with you.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Yeah that’s what happened to
Killery as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

what an idiot. This guy has no idea how we do things now. Make a petition? Ask the public? Bwahahahaha!!!

Tear that sh!t down about 10:30PM. You don't have to ask anyone, just get a few friends, preferably some pasty face, vegan goat headers. Then, just get a rope and pull baby.

And nobody got in trouble. (said in Forrest Gump voice)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, I went there.

Shall we, the denizens of ATS, start a GoFundMe to buy this guy a case of beer?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what an idiot. This guy has no idea how we do things now. Make a petition? Ask the public? Bwahahahaha!!!

Tear that sh!t down about 10:30PM. You don't have to ask anyone, just get a few friends, preferably some pasty face, vegan goat headers. Then, just get a rope and pull baby.

And nobody got in trouble. (said in Forrest Gump voice)

They'll probably just cover it with graffiti first, like they did with the Lincoln Memorial in DC.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why isn’t there someone in power that will tell these assholes NO?
The Left is the new ISIS, they want to destroy anything to do with history.
Get the F over it.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I can't help but feel, it's not our business:

The offending statue has stood on Park Square for over 140 years and is a replica of the original in Washington DC, commissioned by donations from freed slaves.

It seemed important enough to some freed slaves, to give money towards it. Does everyone want it gone, or just the one's who we can hear currently?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Optics? Hillary? Boston mayor?

Got it!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm glad you picked up on that.
The image obviously represented how newly-freed slaves felt.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Get the F over it.

I was at a "Town Hall" meeting with the mayor, and I complained the with the restriction in place the for the police, that all a crook has to do is say that they are homeless and charges get dropped instantly. The mayor said that public concerns and public trust have to be balanced in those cases, but if I would like to deal with those decisions I could run for mayor. My wife then sat on me and covered my mouth so that I wouldn't take him up on the challenge. She later told me that if I had ran for mayor most of the people she knows would have voted for me, and I would have gotten elected, then killed for putting my foot down on the crap that tales place in the city.

I replied by going out on the porch and cleaning a few of my guns so that the neighbors can see. Platon was right, those that should be in power are also the ones that know better then to be in power.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Get the F over it.

No, there is no one left in power to do this. There are very few leaders left in the culture, and what few there are will be shouted down and run out of town on a rail if they should ever try to lead ...

Isaiah 3:12 ~
My people—infants are their oppressors,
and women rule over them.
O my people, your guides mislead you
and they have swallowed up[a] the course of your paths.

link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Optics? Hillary? Boston mayor?

Got it!

He’s obviously a disgusting tool.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well I think its safe to say at this point it has nothing to do with oppression and everything to do with attacking the foundation of the nation.

I have heard from a couple of different fairly reliable radio personalities that BLM and Antifa have one ultimate goal, not a change but the actual destruction of the country followed by a rebirth in a fashion they believe is good.

I gave a star and flag because its important to know this is going on but it sickens me that this is going on.
edit on 16-6-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join