It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gandhi statue hidden by UK police after threat by Black Lives Matter movement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Also declared he was not a Marxist

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Statues aren't the problem, BLM CLEARLY is.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Statues aren't the problem, BLM CLEARLY is.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
a reply to: Tulpa

Also declared he was not a Marxist

Probably so drunk he forgot. Engelsist is hard to say even when sober. People would've thought he was trying to say English.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just posted in another similar thread about statues being torn down. I think what i wrote applies perfectly to this and many other 'offensive' situations...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

We are headed for a cultural revolution and if you look at history those who would not be reeducated were eliminated. A good example was the great leap forward where any thing of the old was torn down from churches to Budest temples. After they tore it all down man (sounds familiar) then began the public shamming and the eventual demise of those who would not get with the program. Then it was the collective farms which was such a failure that millions starved, similar to the mantra of give them 40 acres mantra. Folks say it can't happen in America just look at the French revolution the cultural revolution of Russia, million died. We've had 60 plus years of government schools who have dumbed down the population and have indoctrinated the hate America agenda. We are head for a cultural war that will be as violent as those of the past that has killed millions.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
With all of the atrocities the catholic religion is guilty of, I think we can tear down any statues that support that faith.

Is there a statue of Ray Charles somewhere? Tear that one down. He was a drug abuser and womanizer and that offends me.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Oh yeah I know about that history.

I love history especially roman and ancient Mediterranean cultures.

I love history because you also get to see the stupidity and horrors that humanity have committed and to me its important to

learn these things so we dont keep committing these horrors over and over again .

I see many parallels with whats going on here and the maoist cultural revolution and the Russian revolution and the purges

that came afterwards in all those cases .

I hope that this one does not go all the way or worse give rise to its polar opposite fascism ..communism or fascism its still a

boot stamping on your face.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
repeat
edit on 16-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
With all of the atrocities the catholic religion is guilty of, I think we can tear down any statues that support that faith.

Is there a statue of Ray Charles somewhere? Tear that one down. He was a drug abuser and womanizer and that offends me.

Let me know when you're going to target one of them. I'd like to be there - just moments before you try.

idiocy.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I agree with Major General Gregory "Pappy" Boyington
"Show me a hero , and I'll show you a bum"
(in response to being called a hero)

No one is perfect.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I never knew there were so many die hard statue fans.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Racist!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Racist!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes Sir.

That Gandhi.

The guy who thought Black people were/are subhuman and whose only disagreement with the apartheid regime was that it lumped Indian people with the Black people who he despised and thought were racially inferior to every other race on earth.

That Gandhi.

Was just thinking, the truth of him, is a bit uglier than the fond memories.

Regardless, I in no way, advocate this bullsh#t currently going on.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

We all have skeletons in our closet - a full graveyard of skeletons in my case - and I know no-one is perfect.
That rule applies as equally with those whom society chooses to put on pedestals and venerate as it does with us mere mortals.

I in no way support this PC driven craze of ripping down statues and/or re-writing history......but its nothing new.
Its gone on for literally thousands of years with numerous instances in numerous cultures and civilizations throughout history around the world.

As I said in an earlier post - and on numerous other occassions here on ATS - we shouldn't judge the events of yesterday using the standards of today, they have to be set in context.
But, and its a massive but, we have to learn lessons from yesterday and that requires a level of honesty and realism that so few, regardless of perspective, seem willing to have.

edit on 17/6/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

sorros, and the internationalissts, are 'nationless'

so i realize now, they are condemning the founding fathers, the constitution, the flag, anything that expresses sovereignty.

minions, are obviously part of the 90% of the people need to be told what to do.

so the bad guys, are telling the minions, to jump thru hoops create chaos, so they are doing exactly as they are told.

i had a friend send me a video, 'you gotta share this, we need to stop the confed flag!' [omg the world is falling!!!]
when i informed him, we need freedom of speech, he berated me, called me a repuublican.
im no repuublican, and damn well no democrrat.

then i said, do you want thought crimes, like how some poor girl, [tho i hate hittler] had a miss hittler pageant, should she be in jail just for thinking?

he barks back, 'that b!tch should be in jail for the rest of her life for doing that!'

i had to block his number lol.

i have about 5-10 psycho liberral friends, and i mean PSYCHO.
if you are not 100% with them, you are racist somehow.

one friend attacks me, 'are you feminnist?'
i said, nah, i do not need to be, everyone is equal.
she barks back, 'thats not good enough!!!'

'everyone is equal' is not good enough for them now.

my friends are these types of idiots who are ripping down statues.

we are screwed, if the media turns 30% of the people into these minions, because i think thats all you need to completely set the laws to establish dystopia. i think thats all you need, 30% of the vote to doom us free thinkers.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well, Ghandi did have a low opinion of Africans which in the context of today would be classified as a racist. Are people so offended by history that they want to expunge it? Very Maoist, very Stalinist, very Hitlerist!

It's the context and the history that Blinkered Lives Matter seem to have lost. But then the movement seems to have been hijacked (in the UK at least) by people who are just out to kill culture and society. They are referred to as the "hard left", but the MSM has problems articulating that fact, which used to seem odd, but nowadays seems to be commonplace.

Sadly, some UK politicians are unwittingly, or purposefully, supporting these people and their identity politics. They are a minority group with an agenda, and that includes subverting the BLM movement and other causes.

I used the think BLM was a useful part of the racism debate, irrespective of the events that sparked it all were a few thousand miles away in the US, where race and racism is somewhat different. Now I just think BLM are dicks.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Not even my little neck of the woods is being spared from the madness.

It started out with a BLM rally (fair enough), then it was placards placed on and around statues (littering, but fair enough, no real harm done), now it's defacing public property,

Local News Source

Where does it all end up?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join