It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Is Shot At Albuquerque Protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Good, and interesting question!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A citizen arrested for doing the "leo's" job? Maybe the unAmerican left is on to something? Maybe we should let them limit police?
A lot of times, "leo's" and "their laws", do violate the Constitution and get in the way of citizens doing the right thing that needs doing.
I know only good citizens care about law and "leo".

But maybe the "left" is right, this time? I'm not so sure I'm against giving them some rope on this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

The police did'nt show up for a while, a perrty good while at that. the people that live around the Musuem called APD when the protesters showed up. APD responce time was 45 min to an hour after the shooting, so very late. I myself dont even bother calling them anymore it's pointless. There is alot of people doing the Leo job here in Albuquerque. Mayor Keller stated calling evryone one that does vigilantes.

Albuquerque Police Responding to statue-removers protest at Musuem

edit on 17-6-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Are you familiar with this service called twitter? It’s kind of like Facebook except there’s character limits. People can post videos on it, too. People can search all of Twitter just by using the search function at the top of the page.

It’s the same twitter I referenced above. Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: Grimpachi

Watching the videos and then seeing this one from this angle, yeah that was a justified shoot. He attempted to flee, they chased, they attacked him with deadly intent based on their language and beating him with a skateboard. I've read he's been arrested, which is complete bs.

Unless it's a clear cut case of a homeowner shooting a home invader, don't they usually arrest someone even if it was self-defense? That doesn't always mean anything in some cases. It will be when and if there are charges that it means something.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Unless it's a clear cut case of a homeowner shooting a home invader, don't they usually arrest someone even if it was self-defense?

I think they would in this case. New Mexico operates under New Mexico's laws. Ya gotta know the laws where you are. The laws where you come from won't mean diddly to local law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Update . Members o of the New Mexico Civil Guard released. & Defendant charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
Statement from NMCG

The Civil Guard said the shooter from Monday night, is not affiliated with them. Members of the Civil Guard were arrested by Albuquerque Police but were released a few hours later without any charges. The governor and the mayor condemned the group; the governor said in part:

Governor Girshman really has has it in for this guard. This morning she demanded Albuquerque Police hand over the investigation over to state police . Now she it trying relentlessly pursue Albuquerque Police department on the investigation. Albuquerque Police department can't charge NM Civil Guard with any thing , let's see if my state police can.

Mayor handing over investigation to NM State Police
A man protesting an Oñate statue remains hospitalized Tuesday night. The man who shot him, a former city council candidate, is in jail and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. This is clearly self
defense .

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Way to be a smartass.

I just saw the video of the man pulling the woman down.

I don't really have any sympathy for the woman. You don't show up to cause havoc without expecting things to get physical. Maybe she should go hit some weights or something.

Still haven't seen any videos to back up the claim that he used pepper spray.

But the woman getting pulled down, and the man shooting a "protestor" are two separate incidences.

The shooting could have been avoided if they had just ran him off.

But nope. They decided to hit him with skateboards, chase him, threaten his life, pull what looks like a knife out, and that's what led to the shooting.
edit on 1762020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Another video of the shooting, you can see the guy attacking him with skateboard had sunglasses in his right hand and a knife in his left hand. He had three people attacking him. One of them yelling they will F''n kill him. i would say it's self-defense at that point.

(knife) i.imgur.com...

@4:10 in the video is when the person recording goes to where the shooting happened.

edit on 17-6-2020 by Echo007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Thanks man, appreciate it

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: ketsuko
Unless it's a clear cut case of a homeowner shooting a home invader, don't they usually arrest someone even if it was self-defense?

I think they would in this case. New Mexico operates under New Mexico's laws. Ya gotta know the laws where you are. The laws where you come from won't mean diddly to local law enforcement.

I was just saying that it's normal to arrest everyone involved in something like this. It seems to me the only time someone has a prayer of not being arrested if it were clearly something like self defense in the home.

It had nothing to do with laws anywhere, just what I've observed from incidents over the years.

Why I'm saying that being arrested alone doesn't necessarily mean anything. For one thing, the cops had to get control of the situation, so they were going to arrest everyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

(Reuters) - A New Mexico prosecutor on Wednesday dropped a shooting charge against an Albuquerque man suspected of shooting a protester and called for further investigations after allegations the protester was armed at the time he was shot.

Link

That is all I could read from the link because I don't have a subscription.

This one really pissed me off. I have sent out over 20 emails to the Mayor, Governor, Senators, Congressmen, and news agencies. I even broke down and made a twitter account to send messages to them all as well as the local police department there. The Emails included including links to the videos of him being attacked as well as the ones people claimed he attacked women where I could only spot two women. One had what looked like a knife or shiv in her pack which he took and threw away. The other that he pulled to the ground after she body checked him and threw her head back into his.

Maybe this one pissed me off more than others because it is an outdoor museum or maybe it is because they were calling them peacefull protestors and framing the locals trying to protect their town as extremists. Maybe both.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Seems like good news for the guy defending himself.

A lot of people on here and other social media platforms demonizing the guy for protecting himself.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll being seeing posts about how the charge got dropped because he's white.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

here a free one,

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The District Attorney announced Wednesday it’s dropping the shooting charge against 31-year-old Steven Baca, the man who shot another at a protest in Old Town Monday.

There are also claims the man that was shot had knives in his hand. Right now, Torrez says they have not yet determined if that was the case. In the video provided by the DA, it shows the victim is carrying classes in his right hand. Torrez says knives were found at the scene, along with other weapons but it’s too early to know where they came from.

District Attorney makes changes to charges in Oñate statue protest shooting

i'm guessing that classes is suppose to glasses.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Gee, maybe the protesters on the left should start bringing their guns to town also.
Should prove to be some interesting entertainment...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

NMSP calling for witnesses to Monday night’s shooting at protest in Old Town

It appears they want to go with the eye glass angle , but there were couple of knives found at the scene by the Albuquerque Police Dept. and other weapons found at the scene ? But they are not saying anything as to what other weapons. Protestors with more weapons that chucked them I assume. There was something that a friend of mine told me that lives near their watching after the shooting. Some of the protestors threw some kind of incendiary smoke at the police , and then the police launched some CS gas to disburse the crowed. I don't think anyone is going come forward for fear of being charged. I'm mean these protestors were in fight with the police for a couple of hours after they arrived and removed the shooing victim and the man the fired on him. they media is also not covering that part either. The governor and mayor are calling the shot here. they took the case away from APD claiming mishandling of evidence.

On another note
Everyone here knows what happened including these protestors. On the local Reddit boards , Twitter , Facebook, etc . some people are giving the protestors advise( I believe some are attorney's) to have an attorney present for questioning. further telling them that APD and the State Police could bring charges to them as well. I don't think any of the protestors and even this women everyone is talking about are going to come forward. Most people don't know how police interviews work , most think they are there to be a witness to the event. In this case it maybe just that , but i never read or heard anything about immunity being offered. I suspect that some of these protestors in that bunch are same ones from last year that were charged with assault, trespassing, etc for other attempts at removing statues. I have my suspensions some of them have outstanding warrants.

Some of them are in Santa Fe Protesting the removal of more statues today. Two blocks away the Governer is have a legislative special session, not a word about the protesters trying to remove more statues in a tourist district in Santa Fe ,NM. This is one screwed up state lead by some very extreme people.

edit on 19-6-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Congrats

You want to get rid of police, youll be surprised how many crimes end in a death penalty for the perpetraitor and are justified in court........

This is what youre asking for.........this is what you want, people pushing this......this is what youll have en masse.....

that being said YES there needs to be reforms in police brutality and cleaning up everything from Local police all the way to the three letter agencies.....

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SJE98

I came across one video that showed what I guess is the owner of the skateboard hauling arse from the scene. With his skateboard so he went back to get it and ran. I do not think any of them will come forward. None of them were innocent not even the girl he put on her but. She sought him out and kept body checking him when he was trying to get through to stop the vandalism.

I am sure the police will try to charge him for assault but a good lawyer will get those dropped.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Another Stature Removed in Santa Fe New Mexico.

Another Statue Removed in Santa Fe NM. Today

Remember I said people will not for get this. Read the Comment section at the end of the Article. They want this mayor re-called now. Santa Fe Residents are calling this some kind of pueblo revolt of 2020. Or maybe just the Pubelo Revolt of 2020. every one is saying the mayor is diving the city of Santa Fe and the so called three sisters for bringing hate to Santa Fe All I can say is , Told you so.

Not very many comments , but i never see comments on the the Santa Fe New Mexician newspaper articles. Also most of the people there like 90 percent of them are not protestors. Most are the local people watching their mayor side with protestors. This going to get much worse. I think these people are the same group that caused all the trouble in Albuquerque.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join