It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Is Shot At Albuquerque Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

so you missed all of them swarming him,the guy cracking him with the skate board, and the one guy yellin, i'm gonna kill you, and when he shoots, that same guy all of a sudden changes his tune and starts yelling run run run.

man you need to go see a optometrist, and a otorhinolaryngologist.

edit on 16-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The video the news will not show.

All I see is an angry mob, lots of screaming...
Someone being chased.
Video goes worthlessly blurry while I hear what could be gun shots... Then I see some side walk.

If I were sharing news, this wouldn't make the cut.

Are you blind?

He was being attacked by at least two men, hitting him with skateboards and screaming they were going to kill him, then he shot as they were trying to drag him to the ground.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

self defense, he was retreating and they pursued, swarmed him, cracked him in the head with a stake board.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Watching the videos and then seeing this one from this angle, yeah that was a justified shoot. He attempted to flee, they chased, they attacked him with deadly intent based on their language and beating him with a skateboard. I've read he's been arrested, which is complete bs.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He had some decent training, he drew and laid it down and stopped the attack. That's what a handgun can do for self defense. Good shoot and good shot!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There’s a video on twitter. I’m not linking to it because it pretty clearly shows the shooting, and who got shot.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The video the news will not show.

/thread

SELF-DEFENSE, CLEARLY. Next...

Should be titled, "Man defends himself from pack of thugs attacking him."
edit on 16-6-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea that can be done.

But then again, last time I was in an area where the Spanish has 'settled' they tore down Mayan and ancient structures to build their cathedrals and homes. Nothing like walking past a church and seeing a skull stare back at you from a corner stone.

What goes around comes around?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is absolutely and exactly what “self defense” looks like. This was a large group getting very angry and pursuing the man as he retreated. They continued to do so and then he’s attacked what looks like for a second time and it doesn’t matter after the fact if it was a knife or a skateboard. You do not have any idea in that situation what is going to happen to you. Are you supposed to wait until some in written rule is followed? He tried to get away and a large mass followed. In any case this would scare most people and to the point that you fear for your life. He showed the weapon and they continued not believing I guess that he would use it to protect himself. A good wack by a skateboard on the head can EASILY KILL YOU OR LEAVE YOU PARALYZED ETC... The only people that do not understand what they are seeing have never been in this situation. If the man had just take out the gun at first before retreating and opened fire then he’s going to jail! It’s a line in the sand, but it’s a pretty well defined one and if armed and this happened to me I would consider using it. Why would they continue after seeing the gun? Why is the one guy screaming like he’s in a “MOB MENTALITY”. When you are in a large group like this and alone and. Wing pursued even after showing “hey leave me alone I’m armed and I’m feeling threatened by you and feel this can easily turn into a bad day for me like being hit with a skateboard or anything for that matter. It’s why you carry a concealed weapon. If they had just backed off after seeing the weapon (plus, what in the world could have even caused this group to act like this towards him? Saw nothing at all he did to be followed like a pack of dogs” that’s the only issue here that can’t be argued. This is NOT a typical situation. This is a MOB of people that are not acting normally and have the adrenaline running on high the kind that makes you feel you can do anything you want because you are in a mob. People saying this guy is wrong I absolutely would love to see you in this situation and armed. I bet most of you would have done the same. If he was not armed he was about to be beaten badly by more than one. Guaranteed as true one beat him with the skateboard the “mob” mind would take over and more would come in to take a # of their own. That’s psychology folks.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

There’s a video on twitter. I’m not linking to it because it pretty clearly shows the shooting, and who got shot.

I don't particularly want to watch someone get shot.

In your professional opinion, was it self defense?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I don't particularly want to watch someone get shot.

It's not the shooting you'll see. The assault on the shooter is eye-opening though.

In your professional opinion, was it self defense?

I know you posed this to Shamrock6, but my professional opinion is: It's going to court. A reasonable jury member is all it's going to take to acquit. Shooter's gonna be out a pretty penny if he didn't insure himself (CCW Safe, USCCA, The Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network, Carry Gard).

edit on 1662020 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thanks!

There are some opinions I do value.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think he instigated the first contact because he put hands on somebody first. His use of the pepper spray is questionable, but it looks to me like he was trying to move down the street and the group chased him down and escalated it beyond hands. There are pictures of one of the group holding what appears to be a knife but I’m not sure, and I’m not sure the pictures aren’t doctored. Either way, you chase somebody down the road and try to dome them with a skateboard, hard to say getting shot for your effort makes you a victim.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

self defense, he was retreating and they pursued, swarmed him, cracked him in the head with a stake board.

Stake board sounds gnarly man.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Where is the video of him putting his hands on a woman?
Where is the video of him using pepper spray?

I've seen a few different videos of this, and all I can see is that he was standing there with a camera, gets hit with a skateboard, tries to get away, is chased, is beaten some more, and then defends himself, at which point he stops.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think he instigated the first contact because he put hands on somebody first.

Yep. And that's gonna cost him a Lot of $$$.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was going too make a thread on this today, since you have here is some addition information on this event . please don't buy the media narrative , its a complete lie of how the events transpired. Albuquerque Museum

I'm going to call this like I see it. I live here in Albuquerque NM . fist this is not just one statue its a "Museum Exhibit " at a Museum with plates, displays names, history, etc along with other statues that are part of it.

The Truth. People dressed in black hoodies came. They also removed there black clothes to blend in. not on video but everyone seen them aaccording to some i know. . just about all of the demonstrators statue removers don't even live in Albuquerque New Mexico. They used tools as weapons swinging at anyone who would get near them. some had 2x4's which others tried to grab even the mob shooter was trying to grab a 2x4 from a women. These people were crazy insane like. drugs?

Links
Facebook removed and hour a footage from this someone had taken. Figures. it showed allot.
Not longer there removed the hour of footage will have to find it again .

Showing NM civil guard really trying to keep the protesters apart from the local people trying to stop it. 2nd video down.
New Mexico Civil Guard at statue

Museum Exhibit being removed today by Mayor Keller of Albuquerque

Mayor Keller wants NM Civil named a hate group

The dems should be labeled a hate group. I'm beginning to think this entire event was staged for this type of outcome.

See reddit Albuquerque for more video. people are stating to post video from albuquerque
Reddit Albuquerque New Mexico

First the protesters were taking down a statue of Juan De Onate in front of the Albuquerque Museum.
They threw a chain around it and proceed to remove it. This group has been doing this in New Mexico for the last 4 years to different statutes and defacing public property. I think they are part of University of New Mexico or have support from them in doing these type of public destruction.

This was part of the Museum exhibit and not just one statue. It was a series statues of New Mexico history teaching history and art work with signs, at a Museum .

New Mexico's history runs very deep with Spain.. Juan De Onate is considered one of the first founders. This statue also lists some family names here in New Mexico on a sign that are direct descendants of the Spanish explorers; over 400 years of family history in New Mexico. Now that this unknown group finely removed one or two in the past week I'm sure they will get lots of retaliation as well as the politicians whom allowed it. This is not going to go well with the general public either. People are steaming mad. The Mayor removed it this morning in the name of public safety. Just like that with in hours he gave in by giving into the demands of protesters. As always leading from behind. What really surprised me is that the Mayor went along with the protesters. As I said history of New Mexico families runs deep in this state if you mess with there heritage you will be is serious trouble if your running for election or a current politician that hold office. It wont matter if your Democrat, or Republican your election and or political career is over and done with. You will be voted out at the very next election. I know it's only a statue but here in New Mexico family heritage is everything and placed above all. I'm from the east coast,and when moving here that is one of the very fist things I noticed.

So you ask what really went down at that museum. This has been going on for some time by this group though out different towns across New Mexico trying to get local politicians to remove statues. Most of this statue removing group are not even from New Mexico at all. They showed up Monday morning in front of the Albuquerque museum with chains, picks, sledge hammers etc and spray paint and proceeded to deface public property on museum property. The New Mexico Civil Guard ( they are Armed ) had surround the statue in a circle to prevent the defacing and destruction of the statue. The Neighbors near the museum , (I know some of them ) ran to the museum to prevent this from happening. Every neighbor there called the Albuquerque Police and told them to send some police units to stop the mob madness.

And get this APD did not show for almost 45 minutes to an hour and only after the shooting.

The person that shot one of the protesters was running for city counsel in the last election. He is not a crazy person he lives near by and tried to stop these people with the rest of the neighbors, and the New Mexico Civil Guard was holding the line between both. If they would not have been there those neighbors that live near the museum would have been beat up by the mob protesters. In short the man was attacked, the NM Civil Guard surround him from the protesters, thus saving his life and secured his weapon preventing him from firing on other protesters. Again saving their lives as well . The protesters wanted to kill him and they made up a story that he was a instigator, he lives right down the street and was trying to stop them like the rest of the neighborhood. Truth, it was the protesters who arrived and caused it all. The neighbors become they targets of the protesters.

Oh and that person shooting was clearly defending himself. The footage passed around is not very good he was trying to get away from the mob which hit him more than a few times, someone had what i think was a large skate board. There is another video that show is very clearly. Check Reddit Albuquerque for more video

Mayor Keller of Albuquerque had the statue removed and wants to call the NM civil guard a hate group. link above. Like I
I said if that guard was not there , people would seriously be hurt. See link above .

I blame the Mayor of Albuquerque and Albuquerque Police department. There response time is not acceptable, What joke. If APD would have shown up in time when called by literally everyone in the neighborhood to stop these statue protesters no one would have been shot, and the museum exhibit would still be there. I beginning to think this was entirely staged for this kind of outcome. The Mayor is Democrat and quick to condemn the neighbors and the civil guard . Not to mention the Governor with her obvious per-written response script almost immediately after the event happened.

On another note , people have been leaving Albuquerque in a type of Exodus the last 3 years , crime so very bad here if you want to know city is like with a reduced police force look up Albuquerque, APD is under the supervision of the DOJ , not mention over 300-400 officer have left that department. their is also barley a police budget now and the mayor said today that her want to de-fund and start up a different type police force. WTF we don't even have full police force now as it is. I'm sure more officers will leave after this announcement today.

edit on 17-6-2020 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SJE98

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Attack and swarm a dude..you just might get ventilated! Self defence..too bad only 1 got it. I normally would not cheer something like this, still not, but completely accept, he was defending himself. At least, that is what it appears.
edit on 17-6-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: chris_stibrany

All this over a statue that doesn't make any sense as to why it even exists. Even the Spanish back in the day condemned his actions.

See. Remove every statue in existence. Each one has the unique potential to hurt someone’s feelings. We can’t take that chance.

I wonder how the woman George Floyd held a gun to, assaulted, and robbed feels seeing giant murals of him everywhere.

Would the protestors be ok with her throwing paint all over them or would they protect them to preserve the history behind them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join