It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Is Shot At Albuquerque Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Self defence.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: network dude

Some statues I can understand. This Spanish guy, I just don't get it.

Who gets to choose which ones offend who? Remove them all. Or form a committee. But for the love of God, don’t let another soul be harmed by any statue. Some hurt can’t be undone.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I used to skate. and those trucks are heavy. no bueno.

They hit your own shin in the act of messing up a trick. Youre toast for a while.

I respect his right to shoot because from the latest vid posted here he was under assault.

What i didnt get to see was what lead to his being under assault.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
so at least he has video of him being hit with a skateboard to help his case

Seems a little excessive IMO, he had enough space between him and the person who hit him with the skateboard to retreat safely and then have the skateboard assailant charged with assualt but instead he unloaded a weapon in a crowded area. His response was greater then the initial attack and he had other options, he was not penned in.

What happening to the statue is irrelevant to shooting someone....IMO
Yeah, getting shot is a bit nuts, but still... the guy shouldn't be hitting him with a skateboard, one hit in the right place with one of those things could really mess you up.

We had 2 kids die down here in Volusia county, FL from that in the late 90's. Stupid fights at the skate park. I remember one clearly cause I skated there at that park almost every day. Kid was killed for giving an older kid's little brother a cigarette. One shot to the dome too. All it takes.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

He broke away from the group that tried to defend the statue. They had given way to the mob. I don't know if he was one of them or not, but he broke away and was retreating and he got chased.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The video the news will not show.

All I see is an angry mob, lots of screaming...
Someone being chased.
Video goes worthlessly blurry while I hear what could be gun shots... Then I see some side walk.

If I were sharing news, this wouldn't make the cut.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Protecting genocidal values with teargas and a gun, but your precious statue will be removed anyway and an undercover cop was a witness to all your provocations?

Nothing like ...err... "winning no matter what"!

Ouch! My belly is hurting already, and I haven't even been shot at... yet.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
You should rewatch th evideo, the guy who did the shooting was already away from the group when members of the group chased him down and tackled him. That's when he shot the other person. From the video it looks like self defense at that point. Though at this point who cares, right the Mayor and Governor are already to rope up anyone that was there to not tear down the statuary. I mean hell they even went so far as used this incident as an excuse to go in and pull the statue down themselves, you know "for the safety of the public".

a reply to: network dude

There's that statue of that French Bitch sitting out in New York harbor. Should they just start with that one since it looks too female and I'm sure it offends the New York militant LGBTQ faction.

It seems like you are using sarcasm and it isn't lost on me, but that's basically the end game for all these statue grabbers, isn't it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Snarl

lol and the GOV removes the statue anyway.

idiots.

The left has truly lost touch with how the other side is seething with rage. I can't believe there were armed militia on-site to begin with. That's a major escalation ... and in a Blue State no less.

Not exactly. New Mexico is one of those Red States that is dominated by a major Blue urban center where over half of the state's population lives. Albucracky, Santa-Fe, Taos, Las Vegas... all comprise an extremely blue area along with Dona Ana county down south. The rest of the state is decidedly red and a lot of the state is angry red and has been since the Clinton Waco years.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Baca could have claimed self defense but he shot into a crowd of people instead of the guy that hit him with the skatebrd.

Baca assaulted 2 women before the shooting incident.

edit on 16-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

I see a guy being thrown to the ground and being hit by another person hear a guy yelling they are going to Fing kill you and him pulling his gun then hear the shots.

Then people screaming and running away.

Maybe your computer screen sucks.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He shot the guy that hit him with the skateboard. And only that guy.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

We are headed for a cultural revolution and if you look at history those who would not be reeducated were eliminated. A good example was the great leap forward where any thing of the old was torn down from churches to Budest temples. After they tore it all down man (sounds familiar) then began the public shamming and the eventual demise of those who would not get with the program.
Then it was the collective farms which was such a failure that millions starved, similar to the mantra of give them 40 acres mantra. Folks say it can't happen in America just look at the French revolution the cultural revolution of Russia, million died. We've had 60 plus years of government schools who have dumbed down the population and have indoctrinated the hate America agenda. We are head for a cultural war that will be as violent as those of the past that has killed millions.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don't bring a skateboard to the gun fight. These will only escalate and it is so the media can introduce to everyone....

The Boogaloo Movement....mark my words. This is about blaming the Right for violence while tearing down statutes, burning cars and attacking people is reform for the left.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: chris_stibrany

All this over a statue that doesn't make any sense as to why it even exists. Even the Spanish back in the day condemned his actions.

Then maybe it should just go back to being a nameless Spanish dude on his horse that looks neat. It recalls a part of the area's history that shaped it in various ways, some good and some bad.

Best place for that then is in a museum, no one should forget events, that's for sure.

The civil war was won, probably cruelly so, a museum is the place for all the facts, all the truths, all the documentation, so people can properly analyse for themselves...and no false histories.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: olaru12

He shot the guy that hit him with the skateboard. And only that guy.

It doesn't look like that unless the video is doctored.

Either that, or there was more than one event.
edit on 16-6-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A museum is also controlled.

People can determine who gets to see inside and when.

And if local/state wants to close the museum, then no one gets to see it.

So yes, a museum is a perfect place for authoritarians who want to control the free expression of others.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Man Is Shot At Albuquerque Protest

What's to worry about ? Social Workers are on the job.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here is another angle of the shooting. I counted 4 people attacking him and he did get the guy who hit him with the skateboard. IMO he should have also shot the other guy in a ski mask. There was some idiot screaming get his license plate after the sots.

link

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: smurfy

A museum is also controlled.

People can determine who gets to see inside and when.

And if local/state wants to close the museum, then no one gets to see it.

So yes, a museum is a perfect place for authoritarians who want to control the free expression of others.

I know that dammit, the US Smithsonian has been criticised often down the relatively recent ages, curiously in it's TV channel, it sometimes seems to pander to popular belief, while presenting some excellent histories elsewhere.

But, real life...in the present, the likes of you and I, more and more I find, people just don't want to know a 'truth' even if it is true, becoming so cocked up in politics... or unjust dogma like the NY police, 'poisoning' in milk shakes...It didn't happen, however, even with the info immediate to hand, at ATS after first post from the OP, the rest of thread was dedicated to absolute bull and cant from people desperate to believe that the police were deliberately poisoned.

That is a problem, since you have just highlighted it once again, so yes there is a place for museums..personally, I think a feckin' load of statues should be there, instead of being torn down and thrown into the river, sea whatever, the rest is up to people find out truth from fiction, or more likely something in between.
Smithsonian is entry free BTW...but then you see.....people might wonder about that, and probably do, the world's your oyster.
edit on 16-6-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join